“A Great Stay”

Ranked #26 of 81 Speciality Lodging in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“A Great Stay”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at these villas. The villas and amenities were really nice. The layout of the 2 bedroom villa we stayed in was excellent. It was very clean and had everything you need. Was very impressed with the minibar, but you couldn't call it mini, it was a full sized fridge freezer packed with loads of goodies at very reasonable prices.
The food menu was broad and really tasty, the only down-side was it was generally a bit cold by the time you got it...
The private pool was always kept clean and fantastic to drop into after being out in the Bali heat.
The staff were really friendly and always had a smile. The villa is really private and the staff know to leave you alone unless you want something. Be prepared however, directly outside the premises is not pretty, especially that river, I can't believe I saw people fishing in it. Don't let it put you off though, we would definitely stay there again if in the area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ShaunW1968
Anemalou B, Front Office Manager at Anemalou Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 22 March 2016
Dear ShaunW1968

Warmest Greeting from Anemalou Villas & Spa, Seminyak-Bali

Thank you for your review , and we are happy to respond. We really appreciated. We hope you will come back to bali again. And Staying with us. We all eager to serve you soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Arabic first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived at our villa to find that the air con in the lounge was not working. I'm sure everyone knows that air con is absolutely essential for a stay in Bali. We also found that one of our showers would only give out extremely hot water and the cold water tap was broken. We contacted front desk with our problems and they said the engineers that fixes all the in-house machinery problems would not be back until the next morning, after stating that that is absolutely unacceptable, they decided to change us to another villas instead.

When we arrived at our new villa, we found that the air cons in one of the rooms was only pumping out slightly cool air instead of blasting cold air like we want it to. We asked the front desk to take a look and by this time, the font desk concierge had changed to the night security guard. He tried to fix our air con which got better a little bit, but our room was still not as cool as we would like it to be. The security guard tried to accommodate to all our requests eg extra pillows, extra towels and extra shampoo, but being a security guard, he was unsure where things were kept.

We had four girls staying at the villa, the first girl had a comfortable shower, the second girl had her water turning colder and colder as she showered, I being the third girl had a very cold shower (unpleasant!) and the fourth girl had to go to another villa to have a warm shower.

One morning we woke up due to a very loud bang, we were alarmed and worried, and amongst the panic we discovered that all the power had gone out and that none of the taps were working. Which meant that the room quickly became very hot and stuffy as the air con was off and that we couldn't have a shower or go to the toilet as we had no water. We contacted the lady at the front desk only to be told that she is not the manager and that the manager would arrive in an hours time. Power and water was restored, at least 3 hours later. Unimpressed.

I must say the staff were all very friendly and tries to meet our requests as much as possible, but they however have limited abilities and resources.

The villa itself is exactly what the picture shows, very beautiful, very tranquil and very luxurious. But the problems go beyond the color of the pretty lights and the fluffy pillows. Would I stay there again? I probably won't.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandy C
Dear Sandy C

Warmest Greeting from Anemalou Villas & Spa, Seminyak-Bali

Thank you for your review , and we are happy to respond. We are sorry for problems you got in our villa. Constantly we tried too maintance our things. And Thank you for comments. It makes us to improve ourself to get better.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My family and I stayed at these villas, on arrival we were greeted by Yanni and other very friendly staff and a cool beverage.The check in process was very quick.

The villas were very clean and so too was the beautiful pool. The villa had great facilities and very spacious rooms.
This was my first time in Bali so I did not know what to expect, if ever there was an issue (once with the outdoor lights) within minutes we had staff at our villa who sorted it straight away.
If ever we needed something it too was arranged in minutes.
The pool was cleaned every day as was the villa. I cannot fault the staff or the villas my family and I loved it there and would definitely stay there again. A speacial thanks to allof the staff including Yanni and Chitara who made our stay amazing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jaddles1
Dear Jaddles1

Warmest Greeting from Anemalou Villas & Spa, Seminyak-Bali

Thank you for your review , and we are happy to respond. We really appreciated. We hope you will come back to bali again. We all eager to serve you soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

im staying at this hotel when i wrote this review, this were my last night from my 3 nights visit. The room is great, the private pool is little bit dirty but is fine.
the mini bar is excellent and very cheap, you can get a bottle of jack d for just $60
The staffs are wonderful, the fatty receptionist is great, even the driver/security from kupang was very nice.
But in my last day, when i was about to get a drop off to krisna shop, the receptionist "Y", yes, its you im talking about, choose to give a drop off to another guest, a foreigner, just after i asked it first. she told me that the guest alredy booked it, but i could hear with my very own ears, that the guest was about to take a walk, but this "Y", offered her a drop off.
im just about to recommend this hotel to everyone, but after that bad experience, i can only say for the locals, dont go there. That was my honeymoon but she ruined it big time
i hope the owner read this, i was about to talk to her but she was not around at that time

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bayu u
Dear Mr Bayu

Warmest Greeting from Anemalou Villas & Spa, Seminyak-Bali

Thank you for your review , and we are happy to respond. We really appreciated. in our regulations for staff, we threat our guest equals. We are really sorry for what "Y" did to you. I hope this kind thing not happen again. We are not threat people differently from stranger or local. We still gonna threat you equals like stranger come to Bali. We hope you will come back to bali again.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Radiant Jepun Villa
#17 of 81 in Legian
The Tukad Villa
The Tukad Villa
#93 of 415 in Seminyak

Been to Anemalou Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!