“What Happened !!!”

Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Brisbane, Australia
“What Happened !!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have returned to Brisbane in a state of shock ,it has taken me a week to recover my senses enough to write this review following our trip to Bali ,of which I had no expectations ,how wrong was I !

We booked into the Swiss Belinn Hotel for 10 days of a 20 day trip , within 4 days my wife instructed me to extend our booking for the full period of 20 days .

As most husbands will agree you should always do as your wife tells you , however in this case I had already done it ; as like her I HAD NO INTENTION OF GOING ANY WHERE ELSE .

We were picked up at Bali airport by the son of a close friend here in Australia ,he took us straight to the hotel and waited while we checked in ,it was a breeze . In fact I began to wonder if they had us mixed up with previous guests ,our welcome was so friendly.

Ours was a superior twin room , what struck me immediately was the high standard of design and fittings , the use of space and colour was very clever , the bathroom large and practical .

The room could do with more drawer space ,the bed was just short of king size and very comfortable .

I was impressed with the standards of presentation and cleanness as I made my way from reception and into the room , which was spotless .

Within the next hour or so we had a wander through the hotel and up to the rooftop swimming pool , what a tremendous asset this is , the hotel photographs give the impression of a few sparse tree style shrubs ,loungers and umberellas with an infinity pool .

Get ready , this large well fitted area is approached by lift to floor 6 ,you walk up one flight of stairs and exit into the open next to a large bar which is constantly manned .

The pool is to your right , with great views across the rooftops to the beach and surf also the airport . I spent a lot of time watching the planes take off and land whilst in the pool reflecting on how much holiday was left , to miss quote Basil Fawlty maybe the hotel can be moved 6ft to the right ?

I have not used a hotel pool in 30 years following a chest infection and the dreaded holiday cough ,I had no worries with this one even though we were only a 3 minutes walk to the beach .

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels throughout the world after years of working for major companies at home and overseas ,as soon as we arrived it was obvious that this is a well managed and very professional operation ,every day things would crop up or I would notice other details which pleased me more.

We had booked over the internet at a cost of $50 per night , this included breakfast , candidly I didnt know what to expect ,hence the partial booking ,candidly its stupid cheap .

Breakfast consisted of a help your self great selection of European and Asian dishes ,fruit ,eggs/bacon cooked to your desire while you watch ,assorted pastries any variety of juices .The coffee flowed like water the service first class.

It was a pleasure to go to breakfast , the staff were really pleased to see you ,the food great and the ambience in the dining area perfect .

A special thanks to the waiters and waitresses you were all tremendous .

The reception is really the heart of any hotel ,I have read many trip advisor reports regarding this area as I searched for a suitable Bali hotel . I cant really say that it has been an important factor in my travels as I think I have a reasonable idea of what I expect and if I dont get it I make sure I do.

In the case of the Swiss Belinn reception how good can you be , in 20 days not once did either of us leave or return without a wave or greeting , there was nothing the guys were thrown by .

I of course had my phone pinched in the street after it had fallen from my pocket , the staff organised eveything from police report to the cheapest place to buy a replacemnt , I became quite guilty as they became more concerned than I was over the loss .

My special thanks to Wulan who is a diamond as well as an excellent reception manager ,also the other desk staff and the security team .

After a week or so I bumped into the manager and whilst chatting he mentioned that the hotel had only been open a matter of weeks and that the majority of staff were new . I was astounded , in a previous life I had been responsible for the opening of major retail stores in the U.K . , and fully appreciate what it takes to meet the deadlines in all areas , this place runs like a swiss watch giving the impression its been open for years .

I wish to publicly congratulate the Swiss Belinn team on a fantastic success especially the behind the scenes managers in maintenance ,engineering , staff training , human resources,house keeping, food and beverage ,security ,and of course the hotel manager Mr Wahyu .

My wife and I had a fantastic holiday thanks to you all ,getting to know you opened a window for us both , your warmth and hospitality far exceeded the norm ,we will return soon ,as long as you have a room for us.

So what started off as where shall we go for a couple of weeks before we go raving mad , turned into a holiday we will not forget thanks to the Swiss Belinn Hotel its great staff and excellent management team .

Thank you all so very much .

Peter and Sandy Brisbane

Room Tip: All floors seemed the same to me .
16 Thank peter l
SwissBelinn-Legian, Management at Swiss-Belinn Legian, responded to this review, 19 September 2016
Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your feedback with us.

We are thrilled to learn you have such enjoyable stay at our hotel and throughly take pleasure in all our facilities and services. We look forward to welcoming you again

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from a 6n stay with 3 girl friends on a shoppping trip. 2 in a room which although not overly big great room. As hotel is new, so are the towels,linen and fittings. I had deluxe with balcony which was great for drying swimmers etc. 1 block back from beach but heaps shopping, eating, massages and taxis out the front door. Roof top pool was awesome. Drinks and food really cheap. The breakfast was not a huge choice but at A$52 night inc b fast can't really complain about anything. Any questions feel free to ask.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank forfuture
SwissBelinn-Legian, Management at Swiss-Belinn Legian, responded to this review, 16 September 2016
Dear forfuture,

We would like to thank you for choosing Swiss Bel Inn Legian as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Bali and for taking the time to share your positive feedback.

Your praise in our service, rooftop and facilities is gratefully received which will be shared with our fellow associates.

Thanks again and we look forward to having you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I loved my stay here. The following points are only a few aspects that I felt stood out during my stay. I believe this hotel would be best for young couples, small families and singles of any age, but at the same time I think anyone staying here would get great value for their money and truly enjoy their stay like my mother and I did.

The size, amenities and cleanliness of the rooms provided great value for money. The regular rooms were basic with a queen bed and a table, window seating area, shower, toilet etc., while the suites were spacious with a lounge area, king bed, a huge bathroom with a tub in addition to the usual. Also, the daily housekeeping service always made me happy because I could come home to a clean and comfortable resting place.

The rooftop pool was crazy beautiful at sunset, and was a great place to wind down after a day of intensive walking and sightseeing. The infinity pool was clean, accompanied by a simple yet pretty view of the beach and chill-out music at the poolside bar. Great for young people, and the young at heart.

The location of the hotel is also central, but only if you know your way around. Once you start learning the roads and navigating around the numerous pathways that all look the same, this place is conveniently located without the noise and hassle of the "busy" areas. Plus, taking a metered taxi to Seminyak and the busier areas is about 1-2 USD if you're lazy by nature.

Despite the fact that service standards in Bali are generally high, the service provided by the hotel staff at Swiss-Belinn was astounding. They were friendly and constantly went out of their way to provide tips, advice (money changing) and whatever little things I needed (e.g. cling wrap and scotch tape). Their advice, I felt, was more reliable than that provided by local drivers/passersby (since the latter seemed to only recommend places they received commission from).

While these are great, one thing that requires some improvement is the breakfast buffet. While there's good variety, I believe the quality of each dish could've been better.

I hope this helps! I'd definitely come back here again during my next trip to Bali :)

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank TrishnaMenon
Dear Trishna M,

We truly appreciate your positive comments about our service , facilities and friendliness of our staff here at Swiss Bel Inn Legian. We will distribute the message to all team that we have made your stay.

Once again, thank you and we can’t wait to have you back with us again in the near future!

Port Lincoln, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Swiss-Belinn is in a great location close to many great eating places and good shopping. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. The included buffet breakfast had something for everyone. The view from the rooftop bar and pool was just beautiful. Overall a really nice place to stay and I have just booked to go and stay again in 3 months time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jacqueline F
Dear Jacqueline F,

Thank you for your amazing detailed review about Swiss Bel Inn Legian and also to share it with the TripAdvisor community.

Thank you for your compliment on our team performance, We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Best value for money. Staff are so friendly, lively, responsive & smiley. Rooms are clean and newly decorated.Roof top's pool & Bar really nice.
The Location of the Resort, closes to the legian beach.
We could stock our luggage in the luggage store and could enjoy the rest of the afternoon without it.

1 Thank Yunida88
Dear Yunida88,

Greetings from Swiss-Belinn Legian, Fell The Beat!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Swiss-Belinn Legian during your holiday in Bali and thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us.

It sounds like you were truly able to experience much of what Swiss Bel Inn Legian has to offer. It is always great to know that our staff provided outstanding service and made your stay special and memorable.

The team are looking forward to welcoming you back to Swiss-Belinn Legian.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Overall stay in the hotel was GREAT

Value- we got a really super good deal of 4D/3N with daily buffet breakfast, De luxe upgrade, late check out, 1 complimentary lunch/dinner meal, free wifi, return airport transfer, 10min massage package . WORTH every dollar spent ! No catch , everything in the deal was real and good.

Booking- no hassle in booking their staff Ano was so prompt to book our reservation and very accommodating in our queries in our email convo.

Room - stayed at De Luxe room 232. Our room was neat & clean, spacious, small window but nit an issue, flat screen tv, dvd player, good wifi, wage flow (hot/cold), aircon are all working well, since hotel is really new just opened last May. Just avoid rooms in the 1st floor where the dining area is located coz it tends to be noisy. 2nd for is not bad you can here some noise but very mild. Note: they only issue 1 electronic card.

Breakfast - limited but with daily variety so not an issue to us. Both local & western dishes were served.Only thing sometimes there are flies coz the dining hall was an open -area ( al fresco style) but not really a big problem but can be improved. They serve bacon but you need to ask it from the omelet station.

Room service- food for room service is fairly priced , price is just similar to the rest outside. Good enough esp when you are tired and lazy to go out for food. We usually had it for lunch coz it is too hot to walk outside.

Location - good location , quiet & close to everything you need-10mins walk from the beach , surrounded with restos & convenient stores, souvenir shops and 25mins drive from Airport ( 45mins if there is traffic jam)

Chadis Rooftop Bar- fave spot in the hotel. cool music, reasonable prices of drinks esp during the happy hour 1700-1900. Great spot to catch the sunset overlooking the Legian beach. Very reading. The pool is small -sized but enough to cool you down.

Staffs- all are accommodating, smiling and friendly.

Very minor problems and all can be improved since they are new.

It was a hassle free stay for me & my husband. We really enjoyed everything that they have offered us in the package. It good both for families, groups & couples. We love our stay here. We will recommend it to those who are in Legian area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the 1st floor: it is where the dining are is, it is quite noisy during busy hours.
5 Thank Rizmofey
Dear Rizmofey,

Thank you for taking the time to share a through review on your stay experience at Swiss Bel Inn Legian.

It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain the quality of our products and services to meet the needs of our guests and we wish to extend to you our apologies for the noise that come from our restaurant.

We certainly hope to welcome you back in your next visit to Bali.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 May 2014

First of all, the people are friendly. So hospitality is a big plus. and secondly the restaurants, drink bar, souvenirs and the beach is walking distance away.

The room smell funny though without the air conditional. But once you turn them up it is ok. Small window but not a problem. They have a small decent pool on the top floor. I couldn't comment a lot because it is part of the upgrade program from Swiss Belinn Seminyak for a day.

1 Thank Wen Jun L
Dear Wen Jun L,

Thank you for spending a few minutes of your busy time to write us a review.

We value your compliment regarding to the service and the friendly assistance given from our staff. Satisfaction of the guest is a part of our primary concern, therefore from your feedback we are able to encouraging our team to learn and keep improving the quality of service.

Thanks again for your kind words. We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bali.