“Excellent Value for Money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swiss-Belinn Legian

Swiss-Belinn Legian
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Jakarta
“Excellent Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We got a best price for this hotel, the room is good, breakfast quite various and delicious, location is excellent, near legian and kuta beach, you just can walk to the mall also. Staffs were attentively kind, there is also a rooftop bar and pool, plus they give us a free welcome drink and 10 mins of massage. Really a value-for-money

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nikki W
SwissBelinn-Legian, Management at Swiss-Belinn Legian, responded to this review, 19 September 2016
Dear Nikki W,

Your compliment is very much appreciated. It is exceptionally rewarding to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As a team, we try our best to ensure that all of our guests leave our hotel feeling happy.

Your valuable comment is highly appreciated.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bekasi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I chosed to stay in Swiss-Belinn Legian through my office's reccomendation. My stay in this hotel was at June 2014, and I think this is a great hotel with complete facilites. Not a luxurious one, but a great one for its kind.

The Plus Factors:
1. The hotel is strategiclly located in Padma Utara street, not far from the Legian Beach and the main busy road. So taxis, mini-market, bars, etc are just around the corner.
2. The punctuality of the service, I did not have to wait for a long time to be served and led into my room.
3. The cleanliness of the room.
4. The hospitality of the staffs

The Minus Factors:
1. In my room (125, if I am not mistaken), the AC switch is too far from my bed. So each time the temprature gets too cold, I have to get up to turn the AC off. It would be better that the AC switch is placed near the bed.
2. I personally don't like the wooden thing that sticks out from under the bed. I don't know the purpose of it and my leg kept scraping or stubbing against it and it kinda hurts.
3. My bathroom's fan is a bit too loud.
4. My room, which is on the same floor in the lobby is a bit noisy sometimes, because of other guests walking, talking etc. The room's isn't that great in sound-proof.
4. The food (breakfast) is OK, but I wouldn't call it great. The waffles and pancakes are superb though. And sometimes there are this flying insects that keep flying over the food, perhaps it's beacuse of the open-atmoshphere of the hotel. Can't blame the hotel for that. But, it would be nice to pay attention to these minor disturbances.

In conclusion, Swiss-Belinn Legian is a great hotel, with minor issues that I wouldn't really complain too harshly, but it would be nice for the hotel management to consider them. And maybe that is just the problem that I felt and perhaps any of you here wouldn't be bothered anyway.

Room Tip: Don't choose the room in the same floor as the lobby. Perhaps to higher rooms upstairs can be mo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ArioTriwibowo
Dear ArioTriwibowo,

Thank you for your constructive detailed feedback of our hotel.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay, and we are also naturally concerned that several aspects of your experience did not live up to your expectations such as AC, breakfast, insect in room.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, we are taking immediate steps to improve our services and hotel facilities.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

aberglasslyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed with friends for 1 week in May. It was a great hotel ,brilliant location within walking distance to great eateries ,shops & the beach. Love love love the rooftop pool ,sunsets were amazing from there.
Rooms were clean & spot on. With lovely fresh new linen & towels.
Daily breakfast was good selection & an omlete station. The only thing that disappointed me was the waffles were pre made & would have been better made to order. Also the food in the warmers could have been a bit hotter for my liking.
Friendly staff & attentive security.
Would recommend highly & have booked to stay there again!
Can only hope the rate stays as good as the opening rates.

Room Tip: Looked in all room except the Executive suite & they are all similar. Friends had delux balcony...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank lmschick
Dear lmschick,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your feedback with us.

We appreciate your valuable feedback, as it is only through such constructive comments that we are able to monitor and improve the operations our Hotel and to provide better facilities and services to our guests.

Rest assured, we certainly hope to welcome you back and provide better experiences on your next visit to Bali.

WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here on arrival of a 14 day trip and ended up coming back for the last few days as the value for money was unbeatable.

The good points
- great value
- clean, comfortable rooms with great beds and linen
- staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, more than some five star hotels
- great little rooftop pool and bar - bargain drinks 5 bintang for 88,000rp
- quick well priced room service
- rooms have a little day bed which was perfect for our 8year old to sleep on and it was made up with no extra charge

The negatives
-breakfast was basic, in fact by Aussie standards a bit dismal, it was the major let down. I'd prefer to pay a bit more for the room and have fresh choice at breakfast.
-people were smoking through the restaurant and by the pool and as its small this wasn't pleasant
- it's a 'hotel' in the fact it's a high rise building with elevators and long corridors, no beautiful bali gardens
-the rooms have tiny windows that you can't open, so no fresh air unless you leave your door open, this is most but not all rooms.
-don't opt for ground floor as the noise from restaurant would be bad in mornings

In saying all this it was absolute value for money. Good location near some great restaurants and 200m from beach. Perfect for those on a budget, those wanting somewhere comfortable for long term. Our room was $43 a night! Had connecting room for the kids so less than $90 for a family of 5.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are near the elevators ... Pay a few dollars more so you aren't woken by peop...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sheido
Dear sheido,

Thank you for your constructive detailed feedback of our hotel.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay, and we are also naturally concerned that several aspects of your experience did not live up to your expectations such as breakfast, pool area, garden, window in rooms.

Each and every point in your feedback is being reviewed and action plan put in place to make improvements

Thank you for your honest and kind feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had booked three nights stay at the Swiss-Belinn with an online deal and was more than pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. I ended up booking for an extra night as I had enjoyed it so much. There were a few small things that were quite right but I will go through all of the "goodies" first.
The staff are EXCELLENT- so genuinely polite and happy and nothing is too much trouble. There is always a smile and a greeting when they pass you by or when you come and go from the hotel, or from breakfast, or from the rooftop pool.
The rooms (well mine anyway, as I didnt see the rest) was huge and was always kept spotlessy clean. Large bathroom with glass door on the shower rather then one of those horrible plastic shower curtains that always stick to you. Lovely large soft towels. Room safe, fridge, massive tv which is very well placed to watch sitting up in bed, dvd player, lovely little sitting nook by the window and it was very quiet. Very little noise from other guests penetrating the room.
The pool is on the rooftop and is gorgeous. There is a MASSIVE paved area with lots of plants and heaps of sun loungers that are very comfortable and organised in 2's with a large umbrella for each 2 so you can choose sun or shade. The pool is quite large and you can look out over the edge across the rooftops and watch life go by. The pool is open until 11pm which is great as a swim is lovely after a warm evening. There is also a lovely breeze that comes in so it is not stifling hot at any time. The rooftop bar is manned all the time and the club sandwich that I ordered for lunch was probably the best that I have tasted.
The location is great, there is a nice bar/restaurant just across the road and plenty more which ever way you head up the road. There are also heaps of massage/spa places very close by and a Circle K 100m away as well as dvd shops and heaps of other small shops.
Ok - so now onto the "not so good" and there really arent many. Breakfast has a large range of cold stuff - lots of fresh fruit, yoghurts, salads, breads and pastries all of which were very good. Eggs, waffles and pancakes which are cooked individually for you are also good, but the warm range is lacking. It is only just warm not hot and the quality is not very good. I had baked beans, and grilled tomatoes which were fine, but the noodles and rice are just that noodles and rice with sauce on, no meat or vegies in them, the sauteed vegies looked meagre and miserable and a number of the other dishes had only signs in indonesian with no English translation and really did not look that appetising. You were still able to have a reasonable breakfast with the good stuff. Choice of 2 juices and plenty of good tea or coffee as well.
Unfortunately I ordered a green thai chicken curry for dinner one night and was more than disappointed. A watery curry powder tasting bowl of carrot cauliflower and zucchini with a few shreds of chicken in it - where was that lovely coconutty, lemon grass chilli rich broth I had been dreaming of? So my advice is eat out.
The fridge does not run very cold and the room safe is almost on the floor so you have to get down on your hands and knees to access it.
My only other complaint is that when I made my initial booking I advised that I would book an extra night and was told a price. When I arrived and confirmed with staff, they told me the price would be $15 more for the night. It was only when I showed them the email from the hotel they agreed on the price. They then showed me the conversion rate of 10,600Rp which they showed me would be 477,000 for the night to which I agreed. Upon booking out, they charge me 522,000Rp which was an exchange rate of 11,600 I stood my ground and they told me that the exchange rate changes (it was exactly the same on the street as it was when I arrived) I stood my ground and after a phone call to the manager it was resolved. This leaves a bad taste in your mouth and should be watched carefully.

All in all a good stay though and I would definately stay there again

Room Tip: I had the second floor which was lovely and quiet. Many rooms open out onto the central eating area...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Carol M
Dear Carol M,

Greetings from the Island! Thank you for your time to share your experience with tripadvisor readers.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoy the service that provided by our staff and as well the facilities that provided in our hotel.

Apologize regarding miss communication that had by staff regarding room rate during your check in times.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great value, Great location, Great rooms!

This is a recently constructed hotel so alot of the rooms are still fresh and new. Room is a nice size and bed big enough to accompany long legs (I'm 6ft 2"). The rooms have at least one universal power point which makes things easier. Pool on the 5th level is great and where I spent my afternoons.

Breakfast was simple with not alot of choice but was nice none the less, I especially loved the ginger teas.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are noisy being right next to the breakfast area. Dont get a room on the groun...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Micah C
Dear Micah C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your good comment about your experience you had during your stay in Swiss Bel Inn Legian.

Thanks again and we look forward to having you again soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This new hotel will not disappoint. The Manager and staff are exceptional. The facilities are new and clean and watching sunset from the rooftop bar while sipping a bintang can't be beaten!
I'll be back. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank L M
Dear L M,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. It is delightful to know that you had a wonderful experience with us.

My Team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Swiss Bel Inn Legian