“Great Budget Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Australia
“Great Budget Hotel”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Decided to jump across to Bali for five days. Chose the Swiss Berlin as my girlfriend was already staying there. It's a great hotel, nightly rate is cheap, room is modern and clean. The Restaurant including room service prices are so low and the food is great. Roof top pool is so relaxing and a great place to sun tan whilst looking over the roof tops and beyond to the ocean. Would come and stay here again, it really has been a secret gem

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Donna J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gold coast
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed only stayed 2 nights but was very pleased with hotel overall. Breakfast had large choice. Good clean rooms and friendly staff. The only negative is I was on the ground floor next to the restaurant and at night it was noisy when setting up the plates etc for breakfast if they had done it earlier would have been fine. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Don't book ground floor there is a lift so go higher
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Karen G
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at the Swiss-Belinn Legain for four days and three nights. The location is good, it is walking distance to the beach. There are many nice and quiet bars around the area and locals are very friendly.

The hotel staff is very helpful. The room is clean and we do not encounter any problem with the room. The breakfasts was great and plenty of variety to choose from.

We love the roof top swimming pool and bar.

However, our experience is ruined at check out. The hotel offered 10 minutes massage from hotel masseur. She did a good job than we made an appointment for 9pm massage. She did not turn up on time and reception was not able to locate her. Finally at 9:30 the masseur called and said that she has another customer. She finally turned up at 9:40 (40 minutes late). And she completed a 40 minutes massage and left at 10:20pm. She did said that her shift supposed to finish at 10pm. She get my girlfriend to sign a blank piece of receipt and the massage will charge to our room.

Second morning, when we check out. I am doing the check out and my girlfriend wondering around the area. I knew she did a massage, but never took notice the time of the massage. I paid for everything. Upon my girlfriend's return, she noticed the massage time was wrong and the reception showed us the docket that my girlfriend signed. The docket has been filled in for one hour massage. The hotel happy to offer refund, however, it is troublesome for me to bring out my credit card, since everything is packed away and our driver is at the hotel to pick us up.

We ended paid for one hour of massage.

Be careful with the massage and there are many place around town which are cheaper and a lot more honest.

Room Tip: Always choose the room at higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AlphaIrwin
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Thought i'd be nice as it was new. We were very disappointed.
First we had to wait past check in time to get into our room then the room was really small even though we apparently we were upgraded. The room opened right onto the dining area so was very noisy and not very private.
The sheets on out bed were not changed and were stained.
The pool area is small and impossible to get a seat around.

Overall we would describe this as a budget hotel and will never be staying here again. There are much better and nicer hotels for the same price.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Michael A
Suwamana W, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Legian, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Michael A,

Greetings from Swiss-Belinn Legian

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay.
This had given me the opportunity to investigate the issues arising from your accommodation stay.

I can reassure you your feedback has been followed up with the reception and housekeeping teams and with the individual staff concerned and existing procedures have been re-instated.

While I acknowledge this does not improve your experience in any way, it assists us in ensuring such a repeat experience is prevented.

Once again thank you for advising me of your concerns, should you visit Legian again in the near future I urge you to contact me directly and allow me to personally welcome you back and ensure your visit is enjoyable and of the highest standard.

You may email me to gmsile@swiss-belhotel.com for further discussion.

With warmest regards,

I Nyoman Suwamana Wahyu Putra and Team
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I can't say enough about the staff of the Swiss-Belinee Legian. They offer friendly and personalised service from the moment you step food on the hotel grounds. The rooms are comfortable (great pillows on the beds) and room service is reasonably priced and delicious.
Be aware that all rooms face in to the middle of the hotel, where the restaurant is situated on the ground floor. So getting a sleep-in in the morning can be a bit of a challenge with the clanging of plates and glasses from the restaurant below. There was also a bit of construction/repairs going on while we were there, but staff and management made efforts to ensure this didn't affect the guests too much.
The pool is quite small and can get very busy but is an absolutely stunning location to enjoy some drinks at sunset. The internet was incredibly quick and reliable - probably the fasted I experienced during my 3.5 weeks in Indonesia.

A word of warning - don't use the money exchanger down the alley way beside the hotel. We saw him rip off several couples during our stay, for more than $50 AUD each time. Use the more reputable money exchangers along Jl Padma to be safe.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the noise of the restaurant. We stayed in both the standard and deluxe room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kira L
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I write this review as I lay in my hotel room and cannot honestly praise the management and staff of this hotel. From the moment we checked in on wednesday night (20th august) and received arrival drinks the service has been outstanding. We went to breakfast the following morning and were greeted by all staff on duty with several even referring to us by name already.
Yesterday we visited the rooftop pool bar for a couple of drinks and the staff on duty there (farell, yassah and mila -not sure if spelled right) were all very welcoming and attentive even though was full house up there we still received prompt courteous service and had several drinks and a light snack
Breakfast this morning was again lovely (I am definitely a big fan of the sautéed mushrooms) and Oka makes his way around greeting hotel patrons and ensuring everything is well, introduced us to the chef who told us that if there was anything further we needed or had any issue to please be sure to let staff know.
Overall this hotel has been by far the best we have stayed in and honestly considering that the rooms (we are in a deluxe) are 1/3 cheaper than any other hotel we have stayed in previously we werent sure what to expect but can honestly say that THIS is the place to be comfortable rooms, very reasonable prices and most of all service that puts others to shame
Still very centrally located to both seminyak and kuta however the local shopping is mostly cheaper than the markets and exchange our money daily just down the street at the circle k store

We will definitely return to this hotel next visit - love it and the staff

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank MJCJ3404
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. It was great. Convenient and quiet location in leigan. We had great on time airport pickup. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was breakfast daily. The roof top bar and pool were great to relax in. It was a short walk to the beach. The rooms were clean and it had everything you needed. The massage services are leaving a spa. They provide the massage in the room. Overall we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2014