“Will not go back”
Review of Balisani Padma

Balisani Padma
Ranked #81 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 6 February 2013

If this place had been maintained properly, it would be quite a nice little spot. Our room was at the back of the hotel, on the second floor. There was no lighting on the stairway which made it quite dangerous when coming in at night, and the wooden decking at the top was quite rickety, I almost felt like it would give way. We had no hot water in our room, and when we asked, we were told that our room was too far from the hot water tank and to leave the water running for about half an hour and then it would get hot. We did that, and we had hot water. The bath was badly stained and chipped, the lighting in the room was terrible. Also, we asked to borrow a hair dryer and when we plugged it in and turned it on, it caught fire. The bed was hard and incredibly creaky - you couldn't even sit up without it sounding like it would wake the whole hotel. You can definitely get much, much better for the price that they're charging. The buffet breakfast was ok, pancakes with maple syrup, toast with butter and jam, fried noodles and/or rice, eggs done to your liking, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice and water. And the staff were fairly nice. The best part of the hotel was the pool area - the pool has a really good atmosphere with the sunken bar. We had a few evening swims. I won't go back. We paid $35 a night in the hotel we were in before this, and it was ten times nicer.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeshaDez

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I Stayed here for 2 nights on my recent weeks trip to Bali and regretted it from the moment I stepped through the door into my room (147) my nose was assailed by a strong musty mouldy aroma which made it difficult to breathe althought the room appeared to be pretty clean that smell was impossible to get rid of and made it virtually impossible to sleep (imagine trying to sleep with a bottle of ammonia under your nose) Another minus was the lack of hot water and the towels were shall we say a little on the thin side as well , the first night I was there it rained quite hard which meant the paths around the place were pretty much under water when I returned from having something to eat later in the evening and due to the lack of light it made it quite hazardous to find my way back to my room in what wasn't a very well lit area ,another feature I didnt like was the lack of proper locking doors ...just a large metal padlock holding 2 metal rings together to keep the doors closed I felt a good hard shove would have been enough to force the doors open , On to breakfast ...Hmmm the usual offerings Nasi Goreng .Mie Goreng Toast Eggs oh and they did Pancakes as well also 2 choices of fruit juice on the days i was there it was Orange and Guava well i thought i would try the pancakes with a couple of fried eggs on top sunny side up pancakes Hmmm Ok not great eggs crispy on the bottom and completely snotty and undercooked on the top Yuck didnt bother the next day and was glad to get out of there and find better accomodation .

all in all unless you are really stuck for somewhere I would avoid this one altogether and the steepness of the steps up to the reception is a pain in the butt as well .

Room Tip: Go somewhere else !!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and was very disappointed. I have stayed at a lot of dodgy places, but considering how much I paid ($50 a night) I was expecting a lot more. The room was awful inside and the linen was not clean when I arrived. The door to the balcony didnt close properly so the room was infected with mosquitoes. The hot water did not work for my entire stay despite numerous calls to reception (lucky the weather was warm!). The roof leaked water onto the bed during rainfall which made for quite an unpleasant nights sleep! The pool was excellent, it was just the room that was the main downfall unfortunately. I definitely would never stay here again, and would warn anyone against staying here when there are so many other great places to stay in Bali!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2012

arrived 28th november for 11nights on route to perth to meet up with family.stayed in room150 first floor nice balcony with side pool view.room basic but adequate with a very creaky double bed.breakfast included eggs cooked to your liking pancakes toast noodles egg fried rice fruit fresh coffee and tea and fruit juice.most guests seemed to be backpackers and aussie students.pool nice and relaxing to cool off in with swim up bar but far too much chlorine in.keep your eyes shut underwater.most of the staff in general were nice and friendly.noticed halfway through our stay an influx of new staff who were a bit too keen to take your plate while finishing off your meals.plus constantly asking if you wanted a drink.large bottle of bintang around £2.30 not bad compared to perth.good bar just across road to the right £1.70.had a few bar snacks and steaks all pretty good and good value.evening singer on a few nights of the week can be in your face constantly asking you to jion in after politely telling her no thanks.there was just my wife and myself out having a drink.my sister in law and brother in law jioned us mid way through our stay and immediately appologised for booking us in here.i told them not to worry as i had done my research and we were having a good time.developed bali belly shortly after swimming in the sea.noticed a lot of dogs around on the beach rubbish and excrement so never went in again.my inlaws had a few issues with their rooms had to change twice.aircon issue and flooded toilet area.both ground floor rooms they ended up in a first floor room which was adequate.all in all decent location and only $45 per night per room.

Room Tip: first floor room not as dark and more airy with a nice small balcony
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I stay here every trip from Darwin . Nothing but good comments about this hotel. Staff are fantastic. Rooms are clean , air cons work well.close to all my shops I like . Would never stay any where else . Can't wait to be back again in a few weeks

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Haley M
Reviewed 27 November 2012

My Daugher and I stayed at the Balisani Padma Hotel for 9 nights in November.

Taking into consideration how cheap the room rates are at this Budget Hotel we found the rooms to be quiet good.

The first room we were given was a standard room located on the second floor, which was okay, except that it had a double bed and we wanted two single beds.

We were moved to another standard room on the ground floor on our second day which had two single beds.

From reviews that I read in this forum before booking the hotel I was somewhat skeptical, but found that it wasn't as bad as some would suggest.

Check in was relatively quick and trouble free.

Staff are friendly

Pool and pool bar was great

Breakfast was included in our room rate and was very satisfying ( eggs, Pancakes, Omelets, fruit, Noodles, Rice, Juice and Tea & Coffee).

Rooms are cleaned daily, sheets and bath towels are also changed daily.
(The towels and sheets are clean but are very discolored and are in need of renewing)

The toilet was in a separate room to the bath and shower, the room that housed the bath and shower was very small no room in there to dry yourself or to get dressed unless you stand in the bathtub. We had ample hot and cold water, the bath was clean but very badly stained.

There is no safety deposit box in the rooms, but you can store valuables in safety deposit box at reception.

The poolside massages are very good and definitely better then some of the other massage places in Legian.

Location is good, the beach is around 10 minutes walk from the hotel and there is lots of restaurants within walking distance.

There are also cottages available at the hotel but from what we could see there was not that much difference between the standard rooms and the cottage rooms.

Room Tip: We booked our room at the hotel with agoda and found the room rates to be very good. Tips Purcha...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Wasnt paying for 5 stars. It was cheap and the breakfast was good. All I needed was a shower, a bed and somewhere to get changed. Was close to everything and although the place was old and dark the bed was comfortable. The pool was ok too. Don't let the staff organise the trip back to the airport. Told us it would be over twice as much as it cost by cab. Lucky we new about how much to expect it to cost. Not the place for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends