“Quite a nice hotel given the kind of low rates”
Review of Balisani Padma

Balisani Padma
Ranked #81 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Singapore
“Quite a nice hotel given the kind of low rates”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel has basically everything going for it, with aircon to cable tv, hot water, pool and breakfast, We paid USD30 a night so it should be noted that the kind of facilities should attest to the low rates, That should be the basic expectation.

PLUS POINTS - helpful receptionist (Budi) and clean surrounding. It is old and tired but gives a comfortable courtyard feel. Pool is well maintained and the service generally good. Location is good, places are all walkable

MINUS POINTS - toilet and bath in the room a little awkward (Courtyard room), and the toilet is very small.

BEWARE OF MONEY CHANGERS around the viccinity that gives exceptionally good rates. ALWAYS COUNT YOUR NOTES IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU STEP OUT OF THE MONEY CHANGER, AND separate them into stacks of fives. In fact never accept small notes. If you change a million rupiah, then take 10 x 100 000 not the many small notes given to you. Please take note of this - DO NOT ACCEPT SMALL NOTES and ALWAYS COUNT once you step out of the money changer.

Room Tip: Avoid courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Plymouth, England
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 weeks in december. The rooms and gardens are balinese style. Rooms are simple but clean, 5 minutes walk to the beach and 2 minutes to shops and bars. Quiet at night with no noise from the bars. Only problem I had was with the receptionist who wanted to rip us off at any chance he could get. We payed $30 a night online, and when we wanted to extend our stay, but pay through reception he wanted $50 per night. Apart from him it was a lovely cheap stay. If you say here book through asiarooms or agoda and not directly through the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank crooko86
Macau, China
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Just had to spend an overnight at this hotel before going on my way to the airport. The doors to the rooms are traditional Balinese style, but mine never properly closed so I always felt like maybe someone could come or peek in. The bed was comfortable enough, but the sheets were tattered. There was no towel in my room to use in the shower, which had no curtain and was basically right beside the bed. The walls were peeling paint and there was black mold on the ceiling. I really didn't have high expectations for the place, but this let them down anyways.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room, I guess.....
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Nilly77

Travellers are raving about these Legian hotels

Reviewed 6 February 2013

If this place had been maintained properly, it would be quite a nice little spot. Our room was at the back of the hotel, on the second floor. There was no lighting on the stairway which made it quite dangerous when coming in at night, and the wooden decking at the top was quite rickety, I almost felt like it would give way. We had no hot water in our room, and when we asked, we were told that our room was too far from the hot water tank and to leave the water running for about half an hour and then it would get hot. We did that, and we had hot water. The bath was badly stained and chipped, the lighting in the room was terrible. Also, we asked to borrow a hair dryer and when we plugged it in and turned it on, it caught fire. The bed was hard and incredibly creaky - you couldn't even sit up without it sounding like it would wake the whole hotel. You can definitely get much, much better for the price that they're charging. The buffet breakfast was ok, pancakes with maple syrup, toast with butter and jam, fried noodles and/or rice, eggs done to your liking, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice and water. And the staff were fairly nice. The best part of the hotel was the pool area - the pool has a really good atmosphere with the sunken bar. We had a few evening swims. I won't go back. We paid $35 a night in the hotel we were in before this, and it was ten times nicer.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MeshaDez
south australia
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I Stayed here for 2 nights on my recent weeks trip to Bali and regretted it from the moment I stepped through the door into my room (147) my nose was assailed by a strong musty mouldy aroma which made it difficult to breathe althought the room appeared to be pretty clean that smell was impossible to get rid of and made it virtually impossible to sleep (imagine trying to sleep with a bottle of ammonia under your nose) Another minus was the lack of hot water and the towels were shall we say a little on the thin side as well , the first night I was there it rained quite hard which meant the paths around the place were pretty much under water when I returned from having something to eat later in the evening and due to the lack of light it made it quite hazardous to find my way back to my room in what wasn't a very well lit area ,another feature I didnt like was the lack of proper locking doors ...just a large metal padlock holding 2 metal rings together to keep the doors closed I felt a good hard shove would have been enough to force the doors open , On to breakfast ...Hmmm the usual offerings Nasi Goreng .Mie Goreng Toast Eggs oh and they did Pancakes as well also 2 choices of fruit juice on the days i was there it was Orange and Guava well i thought i would try the pancakes with a couple of fried eggs on top sunny side up pancakes Hmmm Ok not great eggs crispy on the bottom and completely snotty and undercooked on the top Yuck didnt bother the next day and was glad to get out of there and find better accomodation .

all in all unless you are really stuck for somewhere I would avoid this one altogether and the steepness of the steps up to the reception is a pain in the butt as well .

Room Tip: Go somewhere else !!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and was very disappointed. I have stayed at a lot of dodgy places, but considering how much I paid ($50 a night) I was expecting a lot more. The room was awful inside and the linen was not clean when I arrived. The door to the balcony didnt close properly so the room was infected with mosquitoes. The hot water did not work for my entire stay despite numerous calls to reception (lucky the weather was warm!). The roof leaked water onto the bed during rainfall which made for quite an unpleasant nights sleep! The pool was excellent, it was just the room that was the main downfall unfortunately. I definitely would never stay here again, and would warn anyone against staying here when there are so many other great places to stay in Bali!

• Stayed January 2013
burnley.england
Reviewed 22 December 2012

arrived 28th november for 11nights on route to perth to meet up with family.stayed in room150 first floor nice balcony with side pool view.room basic but adequate with a very creaky double bed.breakfast included eggs cooked to your liking pancakes toast noodles egg fried rice fruit fresh coffee and tea and fruit juice.most guests seemed to be backpackers and aussie students.pool nice and relaxing to cool off in with swim up bar but far too much chlorine in.keep your eyes shut underwater.most of the staff in general were nice and friendly.noticed halfway through our stay an influx of new staff who were a bit too keen to take your plate while finishing off your meals.plus constantly asking if you wanted a drink.large bottle of bintang around £2.30 not bad compared to perth.good bar just across road to the right £1.70.had a few bar snacks and steaks all pretty good and good value.evening singer on a few nights of the week can be in your face constantly asking you to jion in after politely telling her no thanks.there was just my wife and myself out having a drink.my sister in law and brother in law jioned us mid way through our stay and immediately appologised for booking us in here.i told them not to worry as i had done my research and we were having a good time.developed bali belly shortly after swimming in the sea.noticed a lot of dogs around on the beach rubbish and excrement so never went in again.my inlaws had a few issues with their rooms had to change twice.aircon issue and flooded toilet area.both ground floor rooms they ended up in a first floor room which was adequate.all in all decent location and only $45 per night per room.

Room Tip: first floor room not as dark and more airy with a nice small balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family