“Nice place to relax”

Ranked #82 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Malaybalay City, Philippines
“Nice place to relax”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I enjoy having breakfast at the pool side restaurant every morning,
Rooms are old but at least they have a nice pool and good breakfast.
Nice staff and I like the massage by the pool side too
I have stayed for 8 days ,It is conveniently so easy to get around. The hotel is old but I like it somehow with timber wood and big stones as a natural decor,if only they can renovate the rooms will be perfect

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Palm Beach, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was our second stay at balisani,well you get what you pay for ,the staff are amazing Auo and bob Marley are the best bar and restaurant staff Auo has been at the hotel for years and always remembers us, Bob Marley aka Ade could not of looked after us better and I can't forget Wayan the pool man.
The room I got was a superior, number 127 right next to the pool it is big and yes a little run down but it was cleaned daily, I felt safe and secure and I loved it, my daughter stayed in 129 little dark but they handled it fine we meet two girls from Newcastle and their room was leaking so they where moved to one of only three renovated rooms in the whole hotel, room 119 with no problems what so ever, I read all of these reviews and hear all of the complaints,well this is traditional lozman style accomadation close to all the shops and markets in Padma street and just around the corner is the best coffee in bali" Mugshot coffee" all in all I will continue to stay there and all of my friends agree, we LOVE IT

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Debra O
Reviewed 20 March 2013

room totally different frm wat i see online! request for half boil egg but given raw egg... twice has changed an feed up ending...out frm restaurant... an no apologise frm staff... being so rude... im nt having my breakfast free... i paid for it... but service totally sucks...request for omlet but d lady chef scolding us by using indonesian language... she think i dont ustand her language... come on im a malaysia...of coz im a fluent bahasa speaker....

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank nishavinot

Travellers are raving about these Legian hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel with a friend and her 2 young children, the cottages are old and the bed linen dirty, the bath and shower walls are stained with yellow scale and the toilet has scale around the bowl. On checking in we discovered that my friend's room was not as big as advertised and with the extra bed, there was no room to move. On asking reception we were given a cottage for her which worked out to be the same space but more money! Their eftpos machine was not working and so we paid in australian dollars and were not given a good exchange rate, it worked out at least 20IDR less per AUD. Over the course of the holiday we ate and drank a lot, and so spent nearly a thousand dollars each, on some occassions we were given a little discount on our purchase, but on the last day was charged at the full rate for everything and kicked out of our room at 10am for the cleaner even though we paid for the extra night so we could check out in comfort. On one occasssion I was lying on a massage table near the pool area, and they sprayed mosquito repellant through a blower making the massage girl cover my face to protect me from the fumes! this also happened in the early evening just as you went to sit on the veranda with a drink to relax, forcing you out of the hotel in order to breathe. This did not even make a difference to the mosquito problem which was mostly in the rooms at nights, leaving everyone staying with large red whelts on their bodies from trying to sleep. The toilet cubicle was so small you could not shut the door when using the facility and the person laying in bed has to watch you use it as the bed looks directly in! The front door of the cottage is not secure, even i could knick it open, it has only a padlock on the handles and so when there is a breeze blows apart giving no privacy when asleep.This hotel is miss leading and very dirty, there are cleaner and cheaper places to stay in Legian. The staff stand around watching you all day, and your conversations are not private. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sassy11022
Singapore
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel has basically everything going for it, with aircon to cable tv, hot water, pool and breakfast, We paid USD30 a night so it should be noted that the kind of facilities should attest to the low rates, That should be the basic expectation.

PLUS POINTS - helpful receptionist (Budi) and clean surrounding. It is old and tired but gives a comfortable courtyard feel. Pool is well maintained and the service generally good. Location is good, places are all walkable

MINUS POINTS - toilet and bath in the room a little awkward (Courtyard room), and the toilet is very small.

BEWARE OF MONEY CHANGERS around the viccinity that gives exceptionally good rates. ALWAYS COUNT YOUR NOTES IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU STEP OUT OF THE MONEY CHANGER, AND separate them into stacks of fives. In fact never accept small notes. If you change a million rupiah, then take 10 x 100 000 not the many small notes given to you. Please take note of this - DO NOT ACCEPT SMALL NOTES and ALWAYS COUNT once you step out of the money changer.

Room Tip: Avoid courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Plymouth, England
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 weeks in december. The rooms and gardens are balinese style. Rooms are simple but clean, 5 minutes walk to the beach and 2 minutes to shops and bars. Quiet at night with no noise from the bars. Only problem I had was with the receptionist who wanted to rip us off at any chance he could get. We payed $30 a night online, and when we wanted to extend our stay, but pay through reception he wanted $50 per night. Apart from him it was a lovely cheap stay. If you say here book through asiarooms or agoda and not directly through the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank crooko86
Macau, China
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Just had to spend an overnight at this hotel before going on my way to the airport. The doors to the rooms are traditional Balinese style, but mine never properly closed so I always felt like maybe someone could come or peek in. The bed was comfortable enough, but the sheets were tattered. There was no towel in my room to use in the shower, which had no curtain and was basically right beside the bed. The walls were peeling paint and there was black mold on the ceiling. I really didn't have high expectations for the place, but this let them down anyways.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room, I guess.....
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Nilly77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Suriwathi Beach Hotel
#73 of 87 in Legian
Hotel Puri Tanah Lot
Hotel Puri Tanah Lot
#228 of 254 in Kuta

Been to Balisani Padma? Share your experiences!