“My favourite hotel in Bali”

Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #54 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have been to Bali 19 times. I have stayed in hotels, villas, with friends and more. My favourite hotel when in the city is Casa Padma. The staff are really friendly and professional, it's clean, the restaurant (Drop's) is to die for, and the suites are really lovely.

The superior suites are really large with a king bed, there is an inroom safe, a huge closet and a huge bathroom. The TV is also huge with 70 channels. It is also ideally located.

If I had to pick one fault it is that there is not alot of greenery around the hotel. That being said the rooms are all surrounded by the pool so not so bad.

Room Tip: Ground floor superior suites are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank AvonEvents

Reviewed 5 November 2011

We have moved here after spending 1 night in a terrible villa nearby. The location is great: 5 min away from the Legian beach which is very large and basically empty. There are many restaurants around.The hotel is renovated.The reception area is very friendly. Rooms are very small but clean and well equipped (including English speaking TV channels). The bathroom was the smallest on earth, you touch the door when sitting on the toilet. There is a nice pool around the hotel. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Archimedesrules
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have stayed there several times over the past few years and it is always good. Most of the staff remember me and this visit a few of them walked over to shake hands and say hello at various times.
I think the rooms have been refurbished since my last stay.
The food is good there and room service happens easily.
The Fallen Angels Choc cake is as yummy as it has ever been.
If you arrive by self drive, you can park your car or motor bike there and it's under 24*7 guard.
The WiFi is still not free in the rooms but you can get it free if you are in the lobby/restaurant area.
We got a free airport transfer when we departed too.
The location is excellent, being right in the action for Legian. There are loads of shops around there and restaurants, bars, etc, and the beach is a 5-minute walk away.
It's a great spot.

Room Tip: Book well ahead as it has become more popular nowadays and choose a Superior Suite on 3rd floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cherokee235
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Since I wrote my first review of Casa Padma Suites in January 2011, my wife and I have stayed here two more times this year (2011) and already have the room booked for the next visit, my wife's birthday in April 2012.

For us, this hotel is in a great location. On each visit we have been very warmly welcomed by the friendly staff.

Being a short distance from the beach means you do not have direct beachfront access and with the small grounds there is no real garden, however there is an enormous pool area.

We have seen improvements in the hotel premises during our visits and they are renovating rooms when they are available for such work. The most recent addition we noticed on this visit was the new poolside bar.

The hotel owners are continually doing their best to improve the comfort of their guests.

Previously we patronised the popular Bali Mandira hotel. We have stayed there many times over the last twenty years. We found that the Bali Mandira was gradually pricing itself out of the market - at least the value for money sector. My wife and I now believe it is too expensive for what it offers.

After discovering Casa Padma Suites in October last year we decided to make it out new home away from home. We are not beach goers and while surrounding gardens may be nice we never really utilised the garden areas of Bali Mandira.

Foregoing those features and staying at Casa Padma Suites gets us a much bigger and much nicer room at a better price and much greater value for our money.

If you want to stay in central Legian you should try Casa Padma Suites. Be aware that it can sometimes be a little noisy as it is amongst other hotels and bars in Padma Street.

As you can tell, we like it here :)

Kind regards

Peter

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter_zz
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were looking forward to our stay at Casa Padma, we had only heard good things from friends, but when we arrived we were let down quite a bit. Firstly, when we arrived my partner wanted to see the gym and they told him that it was not operating anymore. We were very disappointed as he loves to work out and was a huge reason why we booked with this hotel. So my partner had to pay 400 000 to use another hotels gym down the road.

When we got to our room, it was very small. The bathroom as tiny, and you could barely move around without touching the sides. Our friends with kids decided to upgrade to a deluxe which was great. Huge bathroom, small balcony and lots of space. If you want to stay at Casa Padma, DO NOT book a standard room.

Location was great, right in legian, loads of restaurants and shops all around. Breakfast was not that nice, but edible, however having said that the meals ordered off their menu were great. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall clean hotel, but if we stayed in bali again, probably wouldn't stay at Casa Padma.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The best part about our stay at Casa Padma Hotel & Suites was that it was just for 1 night before moving on. Oh, and it was cheap. If we hadn't arrived late at night and hadn't already paid for the stay, we never would have bothered.

The hotel is in a busy part of the Legian area, and even if the bar across the street wasn't celebrating their 4th anniversary with a rockingly-loud party, our room would still have been noisy. Luckily we brought earplugs. The room was also dingy and old -- the walls were dirty and scuffed; the sheets had permanent stains; the door was thin; the small safe didn't work; the bathroom was tiny...It was like the hotel owner had fixed up the exterior with the lobby and pool area having a simple, mod, tropical feel, but then never bothered to fix up the interiors of the place.

The only positive about the place was the nice woman working at reception who helped us with transport leaving early the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We had to change rooms 3 times during our stay. The first room had a horrible sewerage smell coming from the bathroom drains. I told reception and got another room.

This second room happened to be one of the noisy rooms. There is a pub directly over the road and live bands play at night time until 1am. The noise was so loud it's as if I was in the pub. The way the hotel's designed (U shaped and open plan) captures all the sound and makes it very loud. You need to request a room off to the far right of the hotel to get a quieter room.

I requested yet another room in the quieter area (still a little nosily but tolerable). I had to upgrade to a Deluxe Suite as this was the only room available but it was well worth it. Also the Deluxe Suite was much less run down than the first smelly room I got.

Other than being a little run down and the noise it was not too bad. Staff were friendly and the area is good. The Deluxe Suite room was quite big. I would probably not stay here again as the risk of getting a noisy room would be high. I would say 3 quarters of the rooms would be noisy ones.

Room Tip: One off the rooms on the far right of the hotel or one of the very few rooms at the back of the hote...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple