“Underated!”

Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #55 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My partner and I stayed at Casa Padma in November of 2011. I had read some ordinary reviews about the hotel before I booked, but decided to give it a go anyway... and was I glad I did. We were in one of their two mini-suites and it was a great room with all the amenities you need. The room was clean and quiet and had plenty of room for all our gear.

The hotel pool was fantastic... and anyone who says it is not clean must not have actually hopped in as it was crystal clear.

The service throughout the hotel was great, particularly from the girls on the front desk and Wiidi the hotel driver. The breakfast was quite good considering it was free and the couple of meals we had at the restaurant for dinner were excellent.

Overall, we loved our stay and will definitely stay there again if we return to Bali. It is fantastic value for money and I think that the people who have given it bad reviews on Trip Advisor must be expecting 5 star quality for 2 star prices... or are just super fussy!

Room Tip: Room 306 is a great pick as it is in the rear corner, away from the noise of the Legian pub.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Kara B

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Fantastic location for beach, shopping and restaurants. Staff couldn't do enough to make your stay a satisfying experience. Rooms were all that I expected and very affordable

Room Tip: Suites are the best
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jenso13
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have been to Bali 19 times. I have stayed in hotels, villas, with friends and more. My favourite hotel when in the city is Casa Padma. The staff are really friendly and professional, it's clean, the restaurant (Drop's) is to die for, and the suites are really lovely.

The superior suites are really large with a king bed, there is an inroom safe, a huge closet and a huge bathroom. The TV is also huge with 70 channels. It is also ideally located.

If I had to pick one fault it is that there is not alot of greenery around the hotel. That being said the rooms are all surrounded by the pool so not so bad.

Room Tip: Ground floor superior suites are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank AvonEvents
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We have moved here after spending 1 night in a terrible villa nearby. The location is great: 5 min away from the Legian beach which is very large and basically empty. There are many restaurants around.The hotel is renovated.The reception area is very friendly. Rooms are very small but clean and well equipped (including English speaking TV channels). The bathroom was the smallest on earth, you touch the door when sitting on the toilet. There is a nice pool around the hotel. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Archimedesrules
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have stayed there several times over the past few years and it is always good. Most of the staff remember me and this visit a few of them walked over to shake hands and say hello at various times.
I think the rooms have been refurbished since my last stay.
The food is good there and room service happens easily.
The Fallen Angels Choc cake is as yummy as it has ever been.
If you arrive by self drive, you can park your car or motor bike there and it's under 24*7 guard.
The WiFi is still not free in the rooms but you can get it free if you are in the lobby/restaurant area.
We got a free airport transfer when we departed too.
The location is excellent, being right in the action for Legian. There are loads of shops around there and restaurants, bars, etc, and the beach is a 5-minute walk away.
It's a great spot.

Room Tip: Book well ahead as it has become more popular nowadays and choose a Superior Suite on 3rd floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cherokee235
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Since I wrote my first review of Casa Padma Suites in January 2011, my wife and I have stayed here two more times this year (2011) and already have the room booked for the next visit, my wife's birthday in April 2012.

For us, this hotel is in a great location. On each visit we have been very warmly welcomed by the friendly staff.

Being a short distance from the beach means you do not have direct beachfront access and with the small grounds there is no real garden, however there is an enormous pool area.

We have seen improvements in the hotel premises during our visits and they are renovating rooms when they are available for such work. The most recent addition we noticed on this visit was the new poolside bar.

The hotel owners are continually doing their best to improve the comfort of their guests.

Previously we patronised the popular Bali Mandira hotel. We have stayed there many times over the last twenty years. We found that the Bali Mandira was gradually pricing itself out of the market - at least the value for money sector. My wife and I now believe it is too expensive for what it offers.

After discovering Casa Padma Suites in October last year we decided to make it out new home away from home. We are not beach goers and while surrounding gardens may be nice we never really utilised the garden areas of Bali Mandira.

Foregoing those features and staying at Casa Padma Suites gets us a much bigger and much nicer room at a better price and much greater value for our money.

If you want to stay in central Legian you should try Casa Padma Suites. Be aware that it can sometimes be a little noisy as it is amongst other hotels and bars in Padma Street.

As you can tell, we like it here :)

Kind regards

Peter

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter_zz
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were looking forward to our stay at Casa Padma, we had only heard good things from friends, but when we arrived we were let down quite a bit. Firstly, when we arrived my partner wanted to see the gym and they told him that it was not operating anymore. We were very disappointed as he loves to work out and was a huge reason why we booked with this hotel. So my partner had to pay 400 000 to use another hotels gym down the road.

When we got to our room, it was very small. The bathroom as tiny, and you could barely move around without touching the sides. Our friends with kids decided to upgrade to a deluxe which was great. Huge bathroom, small balcony and lots of space. If you want to stay at Casa Padma, DO NOT book a standard room.

Location was great, right in legian, loads of restaurants and shops all around. Breakfast was not that nice, but edible, however having said that the meals ordered off their menu were great. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall clean hotel, but if we stayed in bali again, probably wouldn't stay at Casa Padma.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple