“Disappointing”

Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I was looking forward to staying somewhere different and this place seemed like a great option, with reasonable rates and a good central location. But I was nearly knocked over by the dreadful smell in my room as soon as I entered! I should have asked to change but it was late at night and I thought what the hell, I'll only be sleeping and changing here. Unfortunately, the weather was very rainy and it would have been nice to be able to rest up during the daytime but my room, while large and having all the right facilities, was just too unpleasant to spend a lot of time in. I couldn't work out what the smell was, maybe a non-stop smoker had lived there for 6 months and they'd tried to mask the smell with a hideous air freshener? On the third morning, after very heavy rain, the smell became one of sewerage and I was very grateful to be checking out. I'm sorry I can't recommend this place because the staff were all very nice and helpful, but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vandg_11

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I usually stay on the other side of Legian, but needed to be up this end, so booked a hotel I had never been to before. And boy!!! what a find!!! I was really impressed by the size of the superior room. My bed was comfortable, the A/C worked fine, the whole room was very spacious.

Yes it is an older hotel, and yes the stairs are steep, and no there is no lift, but that's about all I found to worry about. The breakfasts were delicious, varied and delivered to the table hot and with a smile. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. Free WiFi to the restaurant and the rooms was consistent and did not keep dropping out like other hotels I have been to, though to be fair it was a little slow. I enjoyed the experience of being in the heart of the restaurant area, close to shopping, nightlife and spas. And those late night foot massages nearby, really did the trick.

I was very happy with this hotel and will definitely stay there again. I have and will continue to recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Stairs are quite steep, there is no lift and I am a bit lazy, so will be asking for a ground floor r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Choose your room and stay away from standard room. Good location, love the breakfast and choices. Staff are very helpful and so friendly. Value for money if u dont need a beach front option ( only 5 min stroll anyway)

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 8 November 2013

After our first night in another hotel from hell we found this amazing place on the net. We were absolutely delighted. We scored a superior suite. What a beautiful room. Very spacious and comfortable. It's in the part of Legian that we love and has been the most beautiful place we have ever stayed in while in Bali. The staff are super friendly and can't do enough for you. The room service was very prompt. The breakfast was lovely. It's not the usual buffet style, but it's freshly made for you which I find much better. I would recommend this place to anyone. It is extremely good value for money.

Room Tip: Try to book a superior suite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ladidi2013
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stay here for a couple of days with my friends. The room that we got is not that really cold a/c has problem then in the rest room not much of hot water when you shower. But the breakfast was so good different type so can choose.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just a great place to stay,great staff,great location and the food is exceptional. Need a driver? Give Sidi a call 081337338999 you won"t be disappointed.Speaks English,very polite,car spotless and Quotes better than anybody else.ENJOY.

Room Tip: Have only used Ground Floor and No Complaints
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noel b
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our first trip to Bali. We stayed 2 nights at Casa Padma in a mini suite (king size bed), which was big enough for two of us. Recommended by friends & it met our expectations for price, location and service. It's well designed especially being so close to the street. Room was clean & had everything we needed. Our room was at the rear so no problems with any street noise. Free airport transfers (meet you as you exit with your name on a placard) & free breakfast (try the nasi goreng breakie) included in your stay. Email them for best price for your stay. Staff are always around & helpful. Always leave key at reception when you go out. Shops, day spas & restaurants just outside hotel. Indo-National restaurant (Aussie hygiene) just down road in case you are worried about Bali belly. Hotel restaurant very good too, we had no problems.

Room Tip: Mini suite at rear was sound proof, no noise whatsoever. Hotel was booked out so couldn't see ot...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple