“Great Location, Amazing Staff”

Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in March 2014 in a superior suite on the ground floor. We loved the spacious room and the amenities. Having a dressing room and huge bathroom was a bonus. The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed a very tasty breakfast daily. We enjoyed the pool which consists of two large pools either side of the reception/breakfast area with a small channel joining the two. All ground floor rooms are located next to the pool with a couple of chairs and a table outside. The noise from the Legian Pub across the road did not bother us at all, we go to bed quite late anyway but may be an issue for some. The karaoke finishes at 11pm and the music after that is not loud. The Bintangs in the hotel bar are not cold enough, the shower is not always hot enough and the rooms have an unpleasant odour at times. But the air conditioning works well.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room, they have a little sitting area in front
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SensibleAussie

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here for 14 nights with my brother and his family. I stayed in a Standard suite, and my brother stayed in a Deluxe suite on the second floor overlooking the pool. We were really happy with the service of Casa Padma. All the staff were friendly and always happy to help us out if we needed anything for our room, and even helping us organise our day trip to the Bali Safari Park. Their restaurant Drops, where we ate breakfast and lunch daily was great. No faults what so ever with the food or the staff. Rooms were as they were in pictures seen and the beds were comfy to get into after a long day out.The only real faults we picked at was a few nights we had next to no hot water and the wifi played up a bit, but as soon as we made it known to the staff it was fixed immediately. Casa Padma is located central to everything in Legian: shopping, restaurants, money exchanges, massage places and just a 5 minute walk to the beach.
All in all Casa Padma was a great place to stay. Would definitely stay here again, great value for money and service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The location is great- close to shopping, massages, restaurants and beaches. But it is very noisy at night with bands playing across the street till late. The Deluxe room is very spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The motel staff are really friendly but the restaurant staff are not very friendly and don't seem to want to be there at all, at times ignoring us. Breakfast service was slow and the breakfasts are minimal. Because the serves were small my sister asked for pancakes as well as eggs. She did not get toast with the eggs. When she asked for a piece of toast she was told no because she had pancakes too. The pool is a bit small for my liking, I felt like we were all swimming on top of each other and could hear everyone's conversations. When people are sitting outside their rooms on the bottom floor you have to almost step over their feet to get past. I would probably not stay here again- the luck lustre service, loud music at night, cramped feel at the pool, average breakfasts make it a but underwhelming considering the great choice you have in Bali. The Risata Spa + Suites for me is a better choice. (Or Sativa Cottages in Sanur).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sharon542
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here for 6 days. We got a deluxe suite. The picture from their website did not disappoint as it was perfect for our family with three children. The beds were big enough for all of us. The sofa in the living area was so comfy for watching TV. There was a small dining table which served its purpose when we had food delivered to our room from a fastfood restaurant. There was plenty of storage for our stack of snacks and a mini-ref to cool our drinks in such a humid place as Bali.

We particularly liked the bathroom which was huge with a bathtub and separate shower area which worked for our family size. There was even a walk-in closet with ample storage so our luggages and clothes were not visible from the main bedroom.

Although the maintenance of the interior falls a little bit in comparison to five-star hotels, we did not mind as we had sound sleep in the comfy room temperature, bed linens and we were not disturbed at all by the music or noise from the street as some reviews mentioned.

We also tried dining in the hotel's restaurant and we were not disappointed. Menu was not pricey. However having stayed there for that long, we wished there was more variety to the breakfast. Although we were thankful that they sent take-away food with us when we checked-out early for our morning flight.

The reception staff were very courteous and helpful with every information we needed even hailing a taxi for us. We also liked that some restaurants, money exchange and massage places were walking distance from the hotel.

We would definitely stay there again. Value for money! And oh! Our children enjoyed swimming in their pool which was uniquely designed within the shape of the hotel buildings.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aymi_a
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My best friend and I met up in Bali for a girls week.....The Casa Padma was perfect for our needs ring in such a central Legian location! The staff were very friendly and accommodating! Ice coffees via room service after a big night PERFECT!! We've re booked for May!

Room Tip: Next time we're booking the larger room to have a balcony!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nikki C
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I was looking forward to staying somewhere different and this place seemed like a great option, with reasonable rates and a good central location. But I was nearly knocked over by the dreadful smell in my room as soon as I entered! I should have asked to change but it was late at night and I thought what the hell, I'll only be sleeping and changing here. Unfortunately, the weather was very rainy and it would have been nice to be able to rest up during the daytime but my room, while large and having all the right facilities, was just too unpleasant to spend a lot of time in. I couldn't work out what the smell was, maybe a non-stop smoker had lived there for 6 months and they'd tried to mask the smell with a hideous air freshener? On the third morning, after very heavy rain, the smell became one of sewerage and I was very grateful to be checking out. I'm sorry I can't recommend this place because the staff were all very nice and helpful, but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vandg_11
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I usually stay on the other side of Legian, but needed to be up this end, so booked a hotel I had never been to before. And boy!!! what a find!!! I was really impressed by the size of the superior room. My bed was comfortable, the A/C worked fine, the whole room was very spacious.

Yes it is an older hotel, and yes the stairs are steep, and no there is no lift, but that's about all I found to worry about. The breakfasts were delicious, varied and delivered to the table hot and with a smile. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. Free WiFi to the restaurant and the rooms was consistent and did not keep dropping out like other hotels I have been to, though to be fair it was a little slow. I enjoyed the experience of being in the heart of the restaurant area, close to shopping, nightlife and spas. And those late night foot massages nearby, really did the trick.

I was very happy with this hotel and will definitely stay there again. I have and will continue to recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Stairs are quite steep, there is no lift and I am a bit lazy, so will be asking for a ground floor r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo