“No thank you...”

Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“No thank you...”
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I am a travel agent and I have stayed in some incredible places and so not so great ones...
Well all I can really say about this place is that the room was pretty big. Yeah thats really the nicest thing I can think of. It needed a deep cleaning really bad, I refused to walk around barefoot. You could see stuff streaked across the floors, and as I would be laying in bed at night, I would get strong sewer smells all around. My bed was no where close to the bathroom. Though it could have been because their was a huge garbage dump behind the hotel. (Just go to the second floor and look back there.
At night, just as we were about to fall asleep, the karaoke bar across the street would crank up the music...don't get me wrong, I LOVE karaoke. But it sounded like they were performing in our living room. It scared me awake the first night. I was a little fooled by their main website, they said they were close to the beach and in Kuta..both are false. It was about 10 minutes from the beach and we were no where near the nice area of Kuta. In fact the hotel information listed them in Legian. The area around the hotel was dirty, polluted and didn't feel safe to walk around at night. We took a taxi to the heart of Kuta for dinner and it cost us $40 USD!!! It was insane. SO trust me when I say it isn't in Kuta at all. It's about a 20 minute ride to get where all the action is.
The staff at the hotel seemed to always be annoyed if you asked them a question or even if you just smiled and said good morning. The only person who was sweet was the lady working in the restaurant. She was really nice and always greeted us.
If it wouldn't have costed me so much, I would have left for home early. I travel all over the place and never once have I wanted to leave before my scheduled time. I would have been happy to just change hotels, but trying to get my money back would have been a nightmare, so we toughed it out.
I think if the people would have been a little nicer and the rooms cleaner, and if they were a little more honest about the location, I would have tried to overlook the other stuff.

• Liked — The size of the room
  • Disliked — The location and staff
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank FlipFlops1984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
Reviewed 3 September 2008

10 of us stayed in Casa Padma for a stress free holiday for 4 days. We had 1 family suite & 1 deluxe suite. The family suite was awesome! 2 King Size bed just enough for 8 girls. The Deluxe Suite was nice (renovated).

Few things on the Family Suite:
-The furniture was worn-out.
-The refrigerator needs to be replaced.
-Bathroom was in good size, spacious.
-Walking closet was great, but needs to extra cleaned, especially the corner area.
-The wall needs to be repainted.
-The AC was in good condition, just needed to be clean better.
-I don't see the pool functioning as a pool, so I wouldn’t try to swim in it.

The design was simple, contemporary, and modern. It was nice. I couldn't complain for the price! It was worth for your pocket. The location is superb! Close to anywhere.

I would rate the cleanliness of my family suite: 3 out of 5. They need to be more clean & detail, especially on the furniture.

• Liked — Location, price, interior
  • Disliked — Furniture & parking space
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank missbradshaw
Jakarta
Reviewed 22 August 2008

The standard room was small. The condition is not as good as it's shown on the hotel's website. The bathroom was very very tiny. I could hardly moved in there!

The hotel is located accross a restaurant & bar. At night the bar was very very noisy due to the loud lousy music!!!!!

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The noise, small room and bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family