“Lovely hotel on great location”

Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #55 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Had the basic room 212 overlooking the pool. No balcony but room spacious, bed comfy, in room safe new type - liked it. All toiletries supplied. Staff were great, had to change my booking but had no problems, very friendly. Pool bar not open but survived regardless :-P.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

1st feel: The hotel front is not glamorous and only hold 3-4 car, we didn't even know we arrived. But the front check in was fast. I saw the pool and it does not look so clean, but some kids were playing in it. We stayed at 3rd level and no lift but the security helped us with the bags.
Room: We book a family room for 2 nights and it was big, and importantly it was very clean. The beds and sofa clean and frankly I did not smell cigarette so that is a plus plus for my family. There is a changing room before entering the toilet. The shower is good and hot, although towel is bit worn out but still clean. The TV can be turn both ways to face sofa or bed and channel have every language I know and Cartoon Network is avail for my kids. Maybe hotel should list the tV channels # like big hotels, too many to scroll through.
Bed: it is big like 2 king size, but this is a negative point, it's slumped in and squeaky. Spring are giving way and I had bad shoulder pain after the 2nd night. It's time to change the mattress.
Food: We walked outside look for food but turned back to DROPs the hotel restaurant which was really good. The formagi pizza was hand made yummy and the ikar Babi was real tender. Chilli was hot as I would expected and I love it. Family of 4 we spend Rp450k with my small beer thrown in.
Quietness: The sound isolation is not so good, I can hear music still playing opposite at the coffee company and at 5:45am I woke up from the rooster call from nearby house. I put on my ear plugs and then slept till 9 again. This may be a problem for light sleeper like me. But none of my family members heard the rooster call...hmmm.
Nearby : The hotel is about 10mins walk to legion beach. And 1st street to the left goes straight to Legion Art market. Along the street (Jln Padma), there are many shops of massage, arts, cloths hats. You can get cheaper and good food opposite 'wayan and friends'. we had dinner at 'the coffee factory' and was not impressed with the portion and taste. It's more like a pub with live band.

For a small off road hotel, so far, I am impressed and happy, so are my family. If you want big rooms, this is a good place.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank AIK71
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was such an amazing place to stay. the rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. every time i returned to the hotel after being out i felt i was returning home as the staff was so kind and friendly. the pool was beautiful and was mostly in shade so kids could play without having to worry about the sun. the hotel is very central with great restaurants and plenty of shopping near by. i traveled with kids aged 1 1/2, 3, 9 and 15 and the hotel was perfect for all of them. breakfast was yummy and was very generous. i will always recommend Casa Padma to everyone and will always stay there as it was perfect! thank you to all the staff at the casa padma for looking after us so well!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kimcharles4
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it. On both occasions that we have stayed the staff have been really friendly and helpful and we found the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The location is great as there are so many restaurants and bars within walking distance. Great service, great restaurant and you will always be greeted with a smile!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank WavesnLinda
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The pool was green so I didn't even go near it. Plumbing was terrible and the shower base didn't connect to the wall so the bathroom flooded. The room was dingy and the bed was one I only used once I was completely exhausted. Would not recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Tinkerbell3991
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed 9 days in March and was pleasantly surprised by the big rooms good air conditioning and great service. We had a poolside room across from the breakfast area and lobby and it was brilliant. The restaurants and pubs are close the pool is very good the Casa padma restaurant is very good and we couldn't have been happier. :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank John M
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. Rooms were a great size, very spacious and we were on the ground floor next to the pool which was great. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Pool area is lovely and shaded so enjoyed relaxing in the pool after a long day shopping! Breakfast was average - not a great selection but adequate. Hotel is in the perfect location, short walk to the beach and lots of great shops and restaurants all in walking distance. Would definitely come back to Casa Padma

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends