“Hard to find fault”

Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #55 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Casa Padma for 3 nights in July. We chose this hotel knowing it was closer to the areas we like to spend time in. Check in was great, with the staff being very friendly and welcoming, upgrading us without asking. They also informed me that they do free airport pickup when staying for 3 nights which we didn't know, having booked through a third party, so if you do the same make sure you also contact the hotel for this service. When walking to our rooms we were a little concerned as the corridors are slightly worn and underwhelming. But once we reached our room we were extremely happy. The room was huge, with a lounge area which was nice to have. It also had a walk through wardrobe leading to the bathroom which was great for storing all your luggage out of the way. The bathroom was a little rundown but it was not something that I would complain about. There was a bit of an off smell in the bathroom after a day but it was really not unbearable. I was very impressed with the toiletries provided as well.
Breakfast was off a menu each morning which suited us fine. We had a choice of the standard American breakfast (which my husband had each day), whilst I had banana pancakes one morning (delicious) and the noodles another morning (very nice). The restaurant seemed to be very quiet in the morning which was nice but we did notice that at night it was extremely popular (even though we didn't eat here for dinner).
The hotel was in a great spot, right in the middle of great shopping areas (which we love) and a fairly short walk to the beach. There are a lot of places to eat close by or a short walk away, and directly across the road was a great little pub which we had beers at every day. The great thing about this pub was the free wifi from the hotel still worked in the pub (very handy). A little bit of music could be heard at night but this was actually not too bad and didn't go all night.
All in all, we enjoyed staying at the Casa Padma and we will probably choose it again the next time we come (we try to stay at different hotels each time we have been to Bali)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kazza11

Reviewed 18 July 2014

stayed here in June with my partner, great location, nice rooms, hotel staff were great. always clean :D i recommend this hotel to everyone... the only problem is there is a pub across the road and the music is very loud at time, but i slept through it haha

Room Tip: Ground Floor.. i think i had 106? the room right on the end of your left near the pool. awesome room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for 12 nights with the hubby and friends. The rooms were quiet spacious and comfortable. Bathroom was in need of a little facelift, but they supplied you with all the necessities. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The location is great, close to many restaurants, shops and the beach. Happy with my stay :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SandyDay66
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Had the basic room 212 overlooking the pool. No balcony but room spacious, bed comfy, in room safe new type - liked it. All toiletries supplied. Staff were great, had to change my booking but had no problems, very friendly. Pool bar not open but survived regardless :-P.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

1st feel: The hotel front is not glamorous and only hold 3-4 car, we didn't even know we arrived. But the front check in was fast. I saw the pool and it does not look so clean, but some kids were playing in it. We stayed at 3rd level and no lift but the security helped us with the bags.
Room: We book a family room for 2 nights and it was big, and importantly it was very clean. The beds and sofa clean and frankly I did not smell cigarette so that is a plus plus for my family. There is a changing room before entering the toilet. The shower is good and hot, although towel is bit worn out but still clean. The TV can be turn both ways to face sofa or bed and channel have every language I know and Cartoon Network is avail for my kids. Maybe hotel should list the tV channels # like big hotels, too many to scroll through.
Bed: it is big like 2 king size, but this is a negative point, it's slumped in and squeaky. Spring are giving way and I had bad shoulder pain after the 2nd night. It's time to change the mattress.
Food: We walked outside look for food but turned back to DROPs the hotel restaurant which was really good. The formagi pizza was hand made yummy and the ikar Babi was real tender. Chilli was hot as I would expected and I love it. Family of 4 we spend Rp450k with my small beer thrown in.
Quietness: The sound isolation is not so good, I can hear music still playing opposite at the coffee company and at 5:45am I woke up from the rooster call from nearby house. I put on my ear plugs and then slept till 9 again. This may be a problem for light sleeper like me. But none of my family members heard the rooster call...hmmm.
Nearby : The hotel is about 10mins walk to legion beach. And 1st street to the left goes straight to Legion Art market. Along the street (Jln Padma), there are many shops of massage, arts, cloths hats. You can get cheaper and good food opposite 'wayan and friends'. we had dinner at 'the coffee factory' and was not impressed with the portion and taste. It's more like a pub with live band.

For a small off road hotel, so far, I am impressed and happy, so are my family. If you want big rooms, this is a good place.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank AIK71
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was such an amazing place to stay. the rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. every time i returned to the hotel after being out i felt i was returning home as the staff was so kind and friendly. the pool was beautiful and was mostly in shade so kids could play without having to worry about the sun. the hotel is very central with great restaurants and plenty of shopping near by. i traveled with kids aged 1 1/2, 3, 9 and 15 and the hotel was perfect for all of them. breakfast was yummy and was very generous. i will always recommend Casa Padma to everyone and will always stay there as it was perfect! thank you to all the staff at the casa padma for looking after us so well!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kimcharles4
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it. On both occasions that we have stayed the staff have been really friendly and helpful and we found the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. The location is great as there are so many restaurants and bars within walking distance. Great service, great restaurant and you will always be greeted with a smile!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple