“Love the Casa Padma”

Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #54 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 12 January 2009

This is the second time I have stayed at the Casa Padma & enjoyed both times. Sure they need to fix/renovate a few parts to the room,( we have to remember they are a 3rd world country) but for as cheap & close as they are to the beach, im sure this can be forgotton about, your not letting your self enjoy your holiday, if your worried about the accomodation, as being on a holiday, you dont occupy the room that much, other than to sleep & shower & your off again.. Ive found it to be a lot more modern & clean than alot of places in Bali...Ill be back again, hopefully mid 09..
Thanks

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2008

Casa Padma was at the heart of Legian, about 10 - 15 minutes drive to Kuta and about 25 minutes drive from the airport.
It was tastefully decorated, had a contemporary feel to it. We stayed at the superior suite for USD55 (RM200) per night.
There were many eateries and entertainment hang-outs nearby, including a 24 hour convenient shop. (I would also like to mention that it was pretty hard to find a halal eatery, but we managed to find it:)) Also, there were many shops around the corners, which opens till quite late.
It was easy to get taxis to move around, even at night. There is a spa at the hotel, which was reasonably priced, we paid RM38 for a one hour full bady massage, and discovered on the last day, that we can actually bargain!
The hotel staff were warm and friendly, and also quite accomodating. Since our flight was a late one, they gracioiusly let us check out a little bit later, and allowed us to leave our bags with them while we did last minute shopping in Kuta.
Based on the pleasant experience we had, I would definitely recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I am a travel agent and I have stayed in some incredible places and so not so great ones...
Well all I can really say about this place is that the room was pretty big. Yeah thats really the nicest thing I can think of. It needed a deep cleaning really bad, I refused to walk around barefoot. You could see stuff streaked across the floors, and as I would be laying in bed at night, I would get strong sewer smells all around. My bed was no where close to the bathroom. Though it could have been because their was a huge garbage dump behind the hotel. (Just go to the second floor and look back there.
At night, just as we were about to fall asleep, the karaoke bar across the street would crank up the music...don't get me wrong, I LOVE karaoke. But it sounded like they were performing in our living room. It scared me awake the first night. I was a little fooled by their main website, they said they were close to the beach and in Kuta..both are false. It was about 10 minutes from the beach and we were no where near the nice area of Kuta. In fact the hotel information listed them in Legian. The area around the hotel was dirty, polluted and didn't feel safe to walk around at night. We took a taxi to the heart of Kuta for dinner and it cost us $40 USD!!! It was insane. SO trust me when I say it isn't in Kuta at all. It's about a 20 minute ride to get where all the action is.
The staff at the hotel seemed to always be annoyed if you asked them a question or even if you just smiled and said good morning. The only person who was sweet was the lady working in the restaurant. She was really nice and always greeted us.
If it wouldn't have costed me so much, I would have left for home early. I travel all over the place and never once have I wanted to leave before my scheduled time. I would have been happy to just change hotels, but trying to get my money back would have been a nightmare, so we toughed it out.
I think if the people would have been a little nicer and the rooms cleaner, and if they were a little more honest about the location, I would have tried to overlook the other stuff.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank FlipFlops1984
Reviewed 3 September 2008

10 of us stayed in Casa Padma for a stress free holiday for 4 days. We had 1 family suite & 1 deluxe suite. The family suite was awesome! 2 King Size bed just enough for 8 girls. The Deluxe Suite was nice (renovated).

Few things on the Family Suite:
-The furniture was worn-out.
-The refrigerator needs to be replaced.
-Bathroom was in good size, spacious.
-Walking closet was great, but needs to extra cleaned, especially the corner area.
-The wall needs to be repainted.
-The AC was in good condition, just needed to be clean better.
-I don't see the pool functioning as a pool, so I wouldn’t try to swim in it.

The design was simple, contemporary, and modern. It was nice. I couldn't complain for the price! It was worth for your pocket. The location is superb! Close to anywhere.

I would rate the cleanliness of my family suite: 3 out of 5. They need to be more clean & detail, especially on the furniture.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank missbradshaw
Reviewed 22 August 2008

The standard room was small. The condition is not as good as it's shown on the hotel's website. The bathroom was very very tiny. I could hardly moved in there!

The hotel is located accross a restaurant & bar. At night the bar was very very noisy due to the loud lousy music!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family