“Wonderful 3 week stay at Casa Padma”

Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #53 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Vancouver
“Wonderful 3 week stay at Casa Padma”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We had booked the cheapest room Casa Padma had on offer but upon arriving we found that they were in the middle of renovating the bathrooms in the cheaper rooms. We unfortunately were in a room that hadn't been renovated and it was dismally below our standards. We promptly went out in search of a better hotel. After finding a decent place we returned and politely informed the front desk that we were unable to stay in that room. When we did that they asked us to wait a moment and a few minutes later they came back to us and offered a suite for only $5/night more than the superior room we had initially booked.

We were surprised at this offer and went to look at the suite and it was magnificent. We thanked them profusely for the offer and moved into our wonderful room with a clean, king-sized bed, large bathroom with stand up marble-like tiled shower and full bath. The room also featured a couch and a love seat, coffee table and fridge, very nice.

We stayed for 3 weeks at this hotel and only complaints were that quite a lot of late night noise makes its way into the room from the very close jl. Padma. There is a pub directly across the street called Legian Pub I believe who cater to older foreigners who like their karaoke :(

Breakfast was excellent (I highly recommend having the Indonesian breakfast - nasi/bakmie goreng with egg), the pool was well kept, though kind of smallish and without a lot of direct sun through the afternoon.

Overall, I'd stay there again. In fact I tried to do just that a few days ago, but they are fully booked - too bad for me, but great for them, happy business is good for the kind and gracious management and staff at this great hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank estwo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Indonesian first
Bali
Reviewed 30 April 2009

i love this place because :

Check in was fast , pool is magnificent, location - perfect , the rooms are superb..very very very big...with 2 deluxe king beds, almost like an apartment with pool view.

the breakfast is a disapointment , the outdoor of our room is very dirty but who cares?

the room, the pool, the location..cant beat it! and i got a very good rate $80/ night and you can fit 4 person..include 4 breakfast..

it's a perfect palce to be..i dont like that they dont have an elevator..since my room is on the 3rd floor, so it's kind a hard getting up and down bringing all that shopping bag around.

parking, a lot of places..well this property is almost as good as next door, lokha legian.

im happy with Casa padma, im happy with my vacation!

ps: they have hot water and a flat LCD screen TV with 60 channel..

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Local-taste
Warilla, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2009

The room was clean and we had plenty of room it was 102 right next to the pool. The pool bar was not open it was used by the staff to deliver our breakfast. In all of the other hotels i have stayed in they play the local music which is quiet relaxing. I would not take my young children there again as there were a lot of same sex couples staying there. Best part was the location Legian Pub across the road was great with the best service.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
gold coast
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Have stayed at this Hotel twice last year, and looking forward to returning March, 2009. The Hotel is very clean, with wonderful staff. I would never think of staying anywhere else. Have only stayed in Deluxe suite which is huge. Only complaint, hotel needs more deck lounges, it is getting to popular, not enough deck lounges  to go around. location is great , right next to Legion Markets, easy walk into Kuta, beach 2 min walk, 24 hour security.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
NSW
Reviewed 12 January 2009

This is the second time I have stayed at the Casa Padma & enjoyed both times. Sure they need to fix/renovate a few parts to the room,( we have to remember they are a 3rd world country) but for as cheap & close as they are to the beach, im sure this can be forgotton about, your not letting your self enjoy your holiday, if your worried about the accomodation, as being on a holiday, you dont occupy the room that much, other than to sleep & shower & your off again.. Ive found it to be a lot more modern & clean than alot of places in Bali...Ill be back again, hopefully mid 09..
Thanks

• Liked — Very Close the the Beach
  • Disliked — Breakfests are very small, but same as everywhere else.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
kuala lumpur
Reviewed 24 October 2008

Casa Padma was at the heart of Legian, about 10 - 15 minutes drive to Kuta and about 25 minutes drive from the airport.
It was tastefully decorated, had a contemporary feel to it. We stayed at the superior suite for USD55 (RM200) per night.
There were many eateries and entertainment hang-outs nearby, including a 24 hour convenient shop. (I would also like to mention that it was pretty hard to find a halal eatery, but we managed to find it:)) Also, there were many shops around the corners, which opens till quite late.
It was easy to get taxis to move around, even at night. There is a spa at the hotel, which was reasonably priced, we paid RM38 for a one hour full bady massage, and discovered on the last day, that we can actually bargain!
The hotel staff were warm and friendly, and also quite accomodating. Since our flight was a late one, they gracioiusly let us check out a little bit later, and allowed us to leave our bags with them while we did last minute shopping in Kuta.
Based on the pleasant experience we had, I would definitely recommend the hotel!

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — Can't think of any at this point.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I am a travel agent and I have stayed in some incredible places and so not so great ones...
Well all I can really say about this place is that the room was pretty big. Yeah thats really the nicest thing I can think of. It needed a deep cleaning really bad, I refused to walk around barefoot. You could see stuff streaked across the floors, and as I would be laying in bed at night, I would get strong sewer smells all around. My bed was no where close to the bathroom. Though it could have been because their was a huge garbage dump behind the hotel. (Just go to the second floor and look back there.
At night, just as we were about to fall asleep, the karaoke bar across the street would crank up the music...don't get me wrong, I LOVE karaoke. But it sounded like they were performing in our living room. It scared me awake the first night. I was a little fooled by their main website, they said they were close to the beach and in Kuta..both are false. It was about 10 minutes from the beach and we were no where near the nice area of Kuta. In fact the hotel information listed them in Legian. The area around the hotel was dirty, polluted and didn't feel safe to walk around at night. We took a taxi to the heart of Kuta for dinner and it cost us $40 USD!!! It was insane. SO trust me when I say it isn't in Kuta at all. It's about a 20 minute ride to get where all the action is.
The staff at the hotel seemed to always be annoyed if you asked them a question or even if you just smiled and said good morning. The only person who was sweet was the lady working in the restaurant. She was really nice and always greeted us.
If it wouldn't have costed me so much, I would have left for home early. I travel all over the place and never once have I wanted to leave before my scheduled time. I would have been happy to just change hotels, but trying to get my money back would have been a nightmare, so we toughed it out.
I think if the people would have been a little nicer and the rooms cleaner, and if they were a little more honest about the location, I would have tried to overlook the other stuff.

• Liked — The size of the room
  • Disliked — The location and staff
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family