“Relaxing stay”

Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Legian
perth
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Location is excellent, close to beach, shopping and places to eat. Stayed in a superior room: masses of space in the room, great verandah with views of the beach, comfy bed, bathroom could be more luxurious for the price. Wardrobe is in quite an akward place in the entrance to the room - didn't use it so it didn't bother me.
The pool area is one of the best I have seen, the pools are on 2 levels with the top level having views of the beach and ocean. Plenty of sun loungers in the shade or the sun. A few more of the cabana style loungers wouldn't go astray as they were very popular and the same people seemed to reserve them every day.
I thought the breakfast buffet was small but it had everything I wanted. The restaurant is very reasonably priced and the food is good. Great views of the beach from the front of the restaurant.
The service at this hotel is what makes it so good. Every interaction I had with a staff member was pleasant and any requests were met quickly and efficiently. The staff all seemed pleased to help with anything! Room service was very prompt and the room was cleaned well before lunchtime each day.
The spa was very nice but a little overpiced.
The only issue that baffled me is that there was a wedding on during my stay and I was placed in a room right next to the lawn where the wedding and reception were held, this meant loud music well into the night. I decided not to let it ruin my holiday, because everybody loves a wedding right? But I think it would make more sense to put guests of the wedding in the rooms right next to it and other guests further back in the hotel complex. Just saying.
Overall a very nice stay and I will consider this hotel on my next trip to Bali.
The resort is on lots of different levels so maybe not so good for those with mobility issues. I think this place would be great for couples, groups of friends or families with teenagers. The hotel is not really geared towards small children.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the Beach if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mezperth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We will differently be back. Everything was first class. Loved everything.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank donnathomas69
Melbourne
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here in Feb 2011 for 6 nights and loved it. Being our honeymoon the place had to be good.....and it was!.
Infinity pool just awesome, food at the restaurant so good you don't have to go anywhere else, warm and friendly staff, the list goes on.

Would recommend to anyone.
Dave & Helen Maddern

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Albany
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed at the Niksoma for five nights in November 2011 with my husband. We loved the hotel from the outset. We arrived early, but were still able to check straight into our room. We had room 111, nothing between us and the beautiful ocean view! The rooms are clean, spacious and uncluttered, so feel peaceful and relaxed as soon as walking in. The two for one margaritas at the pool all day, every day, were an unexpected but welcome addition to our stay. The hotel is small and quiet, no noise from traffic or other guests, even on our terrace. Breakfast selection is excellent, and we ate on the terrace watching the waves each morning. We had lunch at the hotel twice during our stay which was also delicious, and the restraunt overlooks l\Legian Beach, so we loved watching the world go by and the surfers while having lunch. The hotel is in a great location for shopping, eats and surf, and is absolute beachfront. The stand out feature is the split level pool overlooking the ocean. I might not bring my kids here as even though there is a small wading/spa pool, I didn't see many kids around, and the atmosphere is very laid back and chilled (which my kids are not!), but in 26 trips to bali since 1997, this is my number one pick for couples or groups of friends. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We had room 111, nothing between us and the beach!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kayayAlbany
Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 January 2012

A beautiful place to stay, very relaxing and as it it a boutique hotel is not swarmed with many people. The pool area overlooking the beach is ideal and the staff are very welcoming. Highly recommend for a relaxing stay in Bali.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kaput T
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed 11 nights including Christmas and New Year.

I tried to keep this short but failed, so I'll start with a quick summary:

Pros: 6 star service/staff, cleanliness, cheap tasty food and drink, pool view, clientele a bit quieter than nearby large hotels, large room and huge balcony (we had a superior room, 112 - could see ocean from our balcony. Ask for 111, would gave best view!), big comfortable bed

Cons: not enough shelving and no drawers in our room for my clothes, housekeeping hadn't checked our room was ready properly before check in, rooms are getting tired, small tv with poor reception

Having come from a 5 star villa in Ubud, I have to admit my partner and I were both disappointed with the room when we first arrived.

There were no chairs on our balcony and no shelves or drawers big enough for our clothes so anything I couldn't hang had to go on the floor in the wardrobe. There was one shelf for my partner.

A call to reception had chairs delivered within minutes and I got over the lack of shelving/drawers after a while (I think it was just our room, looked like there had been a shelf once upon a time but maybe it had broken & been taken out)

The room was getting worn and is probably due for refurbishment (window hard to close, door hard to unlock, marks on walls, paint chipped on corners, a little mould growth in bathroom, tv too small for the large room, our DVD player didn't work etc) but was still very comfortable and anything we complained about (nicely!) was fixed straight away if it could be.

I couldn't fault the cleanliness of our room or any of the facilities at the hotel. Our room was cleaned by 10am every day (they seemed to know when we were out and always came whilst we were at breakfast).

The 'little touches' made me forget about the little frustrations that I had on the first day. Afternoon fruits by the pool, daily turn down with cake/sweets and a quick mosquito spray of your room and tidy up if needed, cocktail party with the management team every Monday for long staying guests, personal card from housekeeping so you know the name of the person that has cleaned your room - it all made me realise why we had paid the price we had, and why Niksoma is no. 2 on TA!

Well, these little things and the staff - All staff were just phenomenal! I wish I could name all of them, there wasn't a single staff member that didn't exceed our expectations. From gardening and maintenance to the waiters and reception staff, we felt like part of the family!

Food and drink were very good value and tasty, 2 for 1 cocktails all afternoon, cheap beer (Heineken same price as Bintang, and both are much cheaper than Padma). The pool outlook is best in the area - the only one I know of where you can actually see the ocean from in the pool.

I'd recommend Niksoma for people of all ages looking for the perfect mix of peace and quiet with action close by if you want it. The clientele when I stayed were mainly couples - not too many noisy children (there were some, from babies to teens) and no big groups of inconsiderate .. bogans (hate to say that word!)

Had a great time, we were very sad to leave and hope we can go back soon!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank sjl86_melb
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Staff are excellent....very attentive and polite. Always respond to your needs quickly. Location is right on the beach but a little tucked away if you wish to walk to the street vendors. However, this is also good to. Enjoy somequietness at nights.

The place is not as boutqiue as claimed, especially by asian hotels standard where boutique means oh so divine. It was built a while back and a lot of amenities are already old and not well maintained. room is also not downright clean as the floor was quite old.

Net, love the services but i think the place is overpriced for its claim to be boutique.

Room Tip: Room111 which i stayed is one of the very few that had a direct beach and side of the pool view
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends