“A Special Place”

Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A Special Place”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly, kind, polite staff. The welcome drink was a lovely idea. Our room had a good comfy big bed and the room was clean and tidy. We had bottles of fresh water everyday and the room was cleaned to a high standard. We ate in the restaurant every night as they have an extensive menu and the Balinese food was great.
Cooking class. We did a cooking class one afternoon and Oki our teacher was patient, kind and talented. Ani also took lots of pictures for us. We had been sat by the lovely pool in the afternoon before our class and thought they were setting up for a wedding in the garden with a gazebo in place and equipment making its way outside. It was only when it was time for our class that we realised they had set up all the equipment and food just for us to be able to cook outside. What a lovely special time we had and we learnt how to make some wonderful Balinese food.
Balinese evening. The dancing was good and well explained. The help yourself Balinese barbecue was excellent with plenty of food and special mini puddings and fruit. The effort that went into decorating the area was lovely to see and made the evening even more special.
Everything that you do here reflects the special care and attention that you give to make each event an enjoyable experience.
We want to thank all the wonderful staff here and hope we can return again as it is definitely a special place. Gill and Paddy

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Korean first
thailand
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have been to Bali now 14 times and have got our favourite hotels and eateries down to a tee.

This time we thought we would try something different and booked the Niksoma as the reviews were good and the hotel is in the middle of Legian beach looking to the ocean with no traffic just amazing views of the coastline.

The complex is also smaller than many especially some of the newer concrete constructions that are popping up all over the place.

We like an authentic Balinese feel and this place looked like it had everything we wanted.

We have been super impressed. We were upgraded on arrival to a Junior Suite as our Superior room on the third floor was still occupied. At first I was upset that we would not get the ocean glimpses but soon fell in love with the room and it's big bathroom with 2 sinks and a bath. Could do with a toilet door on the toilet as a bit open !!! On the third morning as promised they came to take us to the third floor ocean glimpse room but by then we were more than happy where we were, close to pool, restaurant and not far from exception so we stayed put.

Rooms are tastefully done and bed and pillows are great. Air - cond nice and quiet. DVD and iPod Dock plus a good size tv in room and also free acces to wi-if which is also great, no drop outs. Only thing I would like added in this depmt is the facility to plug computer to tv with HDMI but this is no major issue at all.

Rooms cleaned every day with 4 small bottles of water and all the little necessities one may need including a new razor.

Mosquitoes coils lit each evening and turn down service which is lovely as they leave a small cake beside the bed too.

Breakfast has all the things one needs to start the day well and the staff are just awesome, always have a smile and greeting.

Restaurant on the front over looks the ocean and we were pleasantly surprised that all prices are already tax ++ added so no nasty surprises. Meals were well done and service is attentive and nothing is a big problem.

Happy hr cocktails in later afternoon and they are well made. Gardens lovely, pool crystal clear and nice and large, plenty of day beds and areas on the front or on the grass as well.

Shops only a minute walk up behind hotel and you can get whatever you need.

Day spa at hotel also lovely. The rooms open to a cooling breeze and is very relaxing. Special $15 for one hr Balinese massage which is a great deal to get you in the relaxed mode.

We always hire a motorbike and driving around this end of Legian is easy and not congested. Can even ride along the front If you pay 20 cents. Always wear your helmet tho for safety and there is a crack down too at the moment as too many accidents.

Honestly can not fault this establishment.

I review a lot good and bad as it is such a helpful tool for fellow travellers.

I rate this hotel 8-9/10 which is really impressive.

Niksoma you have got so much so right. You rock - we will be back for sure and will recommend from now on.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
2 Thank msjane29
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Have been here countless times and true, it IS like returning home. All the Trip Advisor reports in the Niksoma are spot on. Friendly welcome, staff can't do enough, management very obliging, rooms are modern and comfortable and all located in delightful garden surroundings. A number of the rooms have been tastefully renovated since our last visit in March. The pool is terrific, not toooo big and located within eye shot of the beach. The in- house restaurant is squeaky clean with a good choice of local and western cuisine- all at reasonable prices. It's also the full buffet breakfast venue- Indonesian and Western with chef on hand to cook eggs etc to your individual liking.The hotel also owns Mozarella restaurant 2 doors away along the beach which is a vibey, constantly busy eating place- also highly recommended: But book beforehand if you want a table at the front where the best view to the beach and passers by is. You never know who you might see! There's heaps of shopping just outside the entry lane to the hotel property. Yeah, it's hard work 'at the office' at the Niksoma..not! Guaranteed to please and (again), just as good as ever!

1 Thank dgb44Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at the Niksoma for five nights from 5 to 10 Augist and again for one night on 14 Aug. I travelled with a friend and my daughter and her six month old son. From the moment we walked into the Niksoma we were made to feel so very welcome. The check in from quick and hassle free with all details in order. The deluxe room was beautiful and the recent renovations have worked extremely well. One has a choice of 5 room typres. Standard, Deluxe, Junior Suite, and Predidental Suite, being a very spacious two bedroom. Breakfast is such a lovely experience. You have a choice to sit a tables located next to the beach, with a road dividing the beach and the hotel. (No cars allowed, so it is more like a walkway and it is fantastic being able to sit so close to the beach.

The breakfast offers many varieties and the staf so helpful, always offering to take your breakfast to your table, even though it is a buffet. The bar staff always made sure that my grandson had fresh fruit blended for his breakfast and wer so attentive. They knew our names after the first morning.

The restaurant is very modern and has extensive choices of both western and Balinese food. we had intended to go out most nights, but the food and atmosphere at the Niksoma was so appealing that we ate at the hotel more than we had intended. The menu prices are excellent. The owners of the hotel also own Mozarello restaurant adjacent to the hotel next to the beach which has a great vibe, especially in the evening and always seems to be fully booked.

Our room was always spotlessly clean and plenty of ammenities. The staff in all areas have been very well trained and have exzcellent knowledge of English, so were able to understand any requests we had. They also have a baby sitting service, which they outsource. We had a wonderful girl called Komand for $5 Australian dollars per hour and she was delightful. She ensured that my geandson had a massage when in her care.

I really commend the management for running a very professional hotel. There are two pools including an infinity pool, which was very clean. Never a problem with towels. I cannot speak more highly of the service.

We felt very sad to be saying goodbye to the staff at Niksoma. They made us feel like family. We are already planning our next trip.

Kathy from Adelaide.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 486kathyo
Auckland, NZ
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I love everything about this hotel... The location on the beach, the staff always so welcoming and full of smiles, there is always a lounger by the pool and it has the perfect view for sunset, the grounds are kept to perfection, cleanliness and layout of the rooms are great and Hitana the beach front restaurant is hard to resist. Even though it is located in the heart of Legian, it is a quiet haven and I always manage to relax when staying here. I have stayed here many times and the staff always know my name. I have stayed in Standard and Deluxe rooms and both are comfortable with excellent air-conditioning! The deluxe rooms have been refurbished since my last stay which was a welcome suprise. I also love that each time I make a booking, no matter what site I use, I receive an email welcoming me back home to Bali Niksoma. Am looking forward to my next visit already.

Room Tip: I usually ask for an upstairs room, to avoid noise from people in rooms above me.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

From the moment you arrive at Niksoma the staff are absolutely amazing. They know you by name and nothing is too much for them. This is my 3rd stay at this hotel and without a doubt is the best in Legian. The overall experience is simply wonderful. This stay I took my 6 month old and the staff would wash and steralize all his bottles twice a day. They even had blended paw paw and mango ready for him in the morning for his breakfast. I can't speak highly enough of all the staff. The pool area is beautiful, and breakfast is overlooking the beach. Just breathtaking. The rooms are very clean and they have plenty of room. The cot they supplied was very sturdy and was made each day with clean sheets. I honestly can't fault this hotel and will be back time and time again. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Zowena
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at the hotel, very tasty food, nice pool & beach, excellent service, my room was so relaxing & the hotel is also just down the road from Seminyak & also Kuta. Highly recommend the hotel for all the above reasons & the staff really added to the holiday! Dan

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo