We stayed at the Niksoma hotel in April 2009 and it was a very nice experience. You can definitely get a lot cheaper in Bali, but if you are after some comfort and happy to pay the price, I would highly recommend the Niksoma (Legian).
We went to the Niksoma with a group of 10 or so people (one couple with a baby) and we all stayed in various Deluxe rooms. I found the rooms a very decent size, great size bed and nice bathroom. There is even a balcony and sitting area. As we were there with a group of friends, in the end we probably would have been just as happy with a Superior room rather than a Deluxe as didn't spend a lot of time in our rooms (we mainly were by the pools). I believe the Superior rooms are similar, however they are a little smaller and don't have a sitting lounnge/chair (however I am not too sure).
I would recommend Niksoma if you are with a group of friends or even if there are only 2 of you. We had a baby in our group and the hotel seem to cater for that quite well and there is a baby swimming pool, but I must say I didn't see too many other families at the hotel. I would imagine if you are after a more family resort (where there are lots of other children and children's activities), there are probably others more suitable than the Niksoma, however saying that I'm sure the Niksoma will meet all your needs if you do wish to be there with your family.
The staff at the hotel are very friendly and really made our stay quite enjoyable. The breakfast food is great, so much to choose from and all very nice. The pools are nice. There is a wonderful Kabana up at the top pool which is great if you can get it, what we didn't like was some of the other guests getting up very early and placing towels in the Cabana whilst they went back to bed and then breakfast, then coming back hours laer and claiming the cabana for the themselves. We stayed 6 days and only managed to get the Cabana once one morning, and then again later one afternoon is was free. There are 2 smaller cabana's nearer to the lower pool, however they could not accommodate our group of 10/12, but were better for maybe up to 6 people.
Location wise the hotel was great. On the beach, private (non-used) road infront, no hawkers and very peaceful. Close enough to walk to Legian shops and restaurants and a cheap taxi ride to Kuta or Seminyak. We also hired scooters which got us to and from the hotel to places incredibly easy. The hotel also has an area out back where you can leave your scooters.
Security at the hotel was very good. Each car was checked by guards before entering for any unusual packages etc. I felt very safe at the hotel.
I dont recall having any issues with sound, it was relatively quiet from my view. Occasionally we could hear moving from the room above, but it wasn't very loud and during the day. The night times were peaceful enough.
I did have a massage at the hotel and it was very nice however you can get a lot better value for money if you go to a place outside of the hotel. The hotel offers you are free 10 min treatment when you arrive, and it is worth taking up the offer, but for a more relaxing massage I would try a place near Kuta or Seminyak.
I think we paid approx $1500 AU for 5 nights accommodation for a Deluze room and the only thing i can say is that I wish it was a little cheaper, but at that time, that seemed to be a reasonably price when compared with other similar resorts (maybe a little bit more, but the Niksoma was impressive, so I guess you pay for what you get).
There is not much I can really fault at the hotel, I was impressed, it was very nice and I would have no problem staying there again (I just wished it was a little cheaper and would prob try for a superior room next time, as I'll spend most of my time out and about rather than in a lovely room). Highly recommended (from my April 2009 holiday)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the Legian Beach and facing to the Indian Ocean, Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort is a 4-star hotel designed in a modern chic boutique concept. Located only a 15 minute drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport, the resort is close to gourmet restaurants, night clubs and bars in the most famous Kuta and Seminyak Area. Guests can also go surfing or simply laze around the white sands while watching the gorgeous sun go down in the ocean. Bali Niksoma is also an onsite restaurant called Hitana, a swimming pool complemented by kid’s pool, laundry, dry cleaning, car parking and tour desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Hotel Legian
- Niksoma Bali
- Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort Legian