The Courtyard Hotel and Apartments lived up to my expectations and definitely put to sleep the anxiety and apprehensions I've had when it came to picking the perfect hotel to stay in on our first trip to Bali.
The good: We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment on the ground floor. The room was great. It was nice and clean and huge, for just two people. The living room/dining/small kitchen was spacious, appropriately furnished with modern furniture and equipment including a big flatscreen LCD tv, dvd player with some old dvds and books, handy because we stayed there during Nyepi and no one was allowed to go out for 24 hours. Despite that, we enjoyed the 24 hour house arrest because staying in the apartment was soo nice. They also have a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, ironing board, hair dryer, plates, glasses as well as utensils. However, I think this is only for apartments. Hotel rooms have no such implements. The apartments are also individually designed and furnished. No two apartments are the same, except, I think for floor space.
The bathroom is clean and adequately lit. The bedroom is nice and private. With clean sheets and fluffy pillows.
The pool is small, but well crafted and sufficient. It's a nice view from any of the rooms as all accomodation face the pool, so you won't have to get stuck with a garden view or a carpark view or worse: a fence or rooftop view.
Service is nice. The staff are friendly and helpful and are quick to respond to requests. We did not try out their restaurant, Hot Mango, as breakfast is not included in apartment stays (only hotel rooms have this service). We opted to try out the restaurants around the area. There are plenty, so I suggest venturing out instead of sticking to the hotel food (it's also quite costly).
The not so bad: The only thing I didn't really find quite up to par is the Courtyard's Location. It is on a narrow, winding, quiet street near bigger hotels like the Jayakarta and the Hotel Padma and the Melasti Hotel. It is not on the beach front, and at first when we considered that, we thought that the 5 minute walk wouldn't be a big deal. And it was not, we didn't really mind walking but if you're the kind who needs to keep going back and forth to your hotel because you forgot something, or because you can't stay out for long stretches of time, then it might be a hassle. To get to the beach, you have to walk down the street and pass through Hotel Jayakarta.
But even so, I am highly recommending the Courtyard Hotel. It's a wonderful place and we truly enjoyed our vacation because we can relax in such a clean and peaceful environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish boutique hotel & apartments, surrounding a delightful courtyard featuring pool. Situated in the heart of Legian's best shopping and dining area, this intimate hotel offers three star accommodation in Western comfort with stylist Asian touch. The very popular Hot Mango Restaurant, features Indonesian specialties among its International cuisine, individual catering requests are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bali Court Hotel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Hotel Legian
- Courtyard Legian
- Courtyard Hotel Apartments
- Legian Courtyard
- Bali Court Hotel And Apartments Legian