“Best place I've ever stayed in Bali”

Sun Island Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Best place I've ever stayed in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Walked in and got quoted a pretty good rate. After checking on-line found a cheaper rate but they were happy to match it. Rooms were amazing. Most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in Bali. Brand new hotel so it was immaculate. Air Con worked great. Never hot or muggy in the room. Lots of TV Channels. WiFi worked everywhere. Pool was great but they were still working on the pool bar so it was not staffed but they were more than happy to bring drinks to me from the corner bar in the pool area. Excellent Service. Friendly staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Derek_Ahearn
SunIslandHotelLegian, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Mr. Derek Ahearn,

Greetings from Bali!

How pleasant it is to hear from you again after your recent stay with us. I am very happy to know that you loved our service and facilities and that your vacation went as you had planned it. My team and I are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Ismullah, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This place was absolutely fantastic, I have visited bali numerous times and this hotel definitely tops the list.

The room was exactly what we needed, a comfy bed and a shower. Rooms were always cleaned when needed.

The rooftop pool was a great place to hangout and meet people from all around the world. The pool bar was great to grab a few drinks or a snack to eat without having to go anywhere.

Breakfast was a lot better than I expected from a bali buffet. Great choice of food and drinks that didn't disappoint.

And then there was the staff, they were amazing. I'm pretty sure they just grab the best people on the island and put them in the one spot. Always a smile and always great to talk to while having a beer and watching the world go by.

I highly recommend this place and will be back there all the time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JSully89
Dear JSully89,

Greetings from the vibrant side of Bali!

Thank you for choosing to stay in our new hotel in your recent getaway. We are truly elated by your praises on our service and facilities, but most of all, we are pleased to know that your holiday went amazing. Your compliments have been shared among our team members who will carry on our service from the heart to make our guests stay most pleasant and welcoming. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers. My team and I are looking forward to your next visit!

Yours sincerely,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is a new hotel Legian. The rooms are clean and just the right size. The location is very convenient, a little far (but still walking distance from Kuta Beachwalk Mall) from the noise of Kuta but everything you might need is still available in this area. It was good hanging out at the pool area. The pool isn't big but the ambiance up there was relaxing. Overall the hotel is really nice! The breakfast buffet, amenities, and customer service were great!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone! You'll experience 5-star stay without the 5-star price.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank pepetph
SunIslandHotelLegian, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear pepetph,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian!

First of all, I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay in our brand new hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, and I appreciate that you recommend our hotel to other travelers. As you pointed our correctly, we are located in a convenient and fun side of Bali where everything you need is just around the corner. My team and I will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the high spirited hospitality of Sun Island Hotel!

All the best,
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Awesome.. 5 months old!!!! $50 a night... jeesus bargin!!!! Its sooooo new an so clean!!!!!!!! Rooms are amazing!!!!!!!! And brand new.. staff are awesome! ! Anyone who knocks this hotviel are upperclass wannabe yuppies who are clearlly not prepared to $200 _ $ 300 a night in bali yet still expect 5 star Australian hotel value... ur getting 5 star australia for 50 bucks a night! Its amazing. :) location can't get better. Also very quite away from hussle an bussle yet every thing at your front door. Omg seriously staff are lovelly!!!!!!! Pls stay here its amazing! Safe and awesome cant say enough. Disregard the winging people's comments.. thier idiot cheap winging people! Aussie aussie whoooo hoo.. we are 32 and loved it...

• Stayed March 2014
8 Thank jewelsj81
Dear jewelsj81,

Greetings from the fun side of the paradise!

Thank you for choosing to stay in our brand new hotel, and I am elated to learn that you had such fantastic time with us. Thank you for saying kind word on our services and facilities. We will keep doing our best to give our valued guests most welcoming stay and unforgettable Bali getaway. I am hoping that you will plan another stay with us in the near future. In the meantime, I am wishing you and your family a wonderful time.

All the best,
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I transferred here from a hotel that we were very dissatisfied at. From the second we walked in the foyer we were wowed by the funky contemporary style of this hotel. Modern streamlined but classy, while still being warm and inviting. The staff can't do enough for you here and the smiles are genuine! The best part is sipping a cocktail on the 3rd level pool while hanging over the edge watching the hustle bustle on Jalan legian below.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Aussieboydie
SunIslandHotelLegian, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Aussieboydie,

Greetings from the funky side of Bali!

Thank you for experiencing our brand new hotel. Your trust and your review are truly meaningful to us to keep on working towards becoming excellent in our services and facilities. As you pointed out, our pool with its sunken bar is indeed one of the highlights of our hotel. I am hoping that by the time you visit us again, you will get the opportunity to enjoy our other funky outlets besides our Topix Asia restaurant & bar: our Island Spa and Skylight Rooftop Bar with its whirl pool. My team and I are looking forward to your next Bali getaway with us in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards,