“Loved it!”

Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed there in May and had the best time! The bar staff were excellent and really lOoked after us. We will definitely stay there in the new pool side rooms next time we go back. The only thing I could say they need to improve on is the quality of the beds very very squeaky.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Lovebalii

Reviewed 11 October 2011

The staff here were great! The cleaning staff were very friendly, all very nice people! The rooms were quite nice. I shared a room with my brother. It over looked the pool.The pool I loved, I spent a lot of time in and aorund the pool!! Price wise this was a good choice! And the locations is great, you are amongst shops and little stores!

Room Tip: Request a top floor and near pool
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Hi,this was my first time in Bali,the rooms were basic but nice.The bathroom was not very nice, not clean and we did have an incident with an unwanted 'pet' visiting us during the night,that came in via a hole in the ceiling in the bathroom! - quite the experience for the first time there! the staff were friendly and the location was a bit far from Kuta itself,a very budget style hotel - this trip was in 2006

Room Tip: ground floor rooms would be better
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Lived in one of the cheapest rooms with an old bathroom and stains om the floor. AC worked well and the bed was comfortable. Poolarea was nice and staff friendly. Unfortunately some restaurations was going on so wisteling contractors and hammering woke us up every morning around 8.breakfast was a delight, however it lacked wholegrainbread. Hotel was a short stroll to the beach so not the best location, but I like My exercise! Overall a nice budget offer!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I have just spent my 4th holiday at Baleka and unfortunately, it was my worst visit.
I was looking forward to going back as some of the rooms had been renovated.
The room i was booked into was Room 131 and was the second closest to the restaurant and beside the pool.
The room itself was fantastic and well renovated..plenty of room and always maintained well by the cleaning staff.
However, on 3 occasions I had to call the operator at midnight to request security to get people out of the pool, which closed at 800pm.
Being kept awake until midnight was the normal with the restaurant/bar being open with music and drinking and again at 530am when the restaurant began opening.
If you wanted to party all night, these rooms were okay but if you want a rest, do not book rooms 123-132.
Each other visit i have stayed in the middle of the hotel around room 100 and the noise has not been an issue.
The staff here are great and the hotel is very well positioned.
It is a bit disappointing not to get shampoo/conditioner or the normal toiletries in your room but you do get 2 bottles of water daily.
Breakfast is okay without being fantastic.
Would i go back????probably for the money now being asked, I would look elsewhere in the area.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the middle of the resort
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank ushy
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I have stayed at the Baleka 3 times now, and yes, the new suites are by far nicer than the older rooms. We never eat at the restaurant, but next door at the Boomerang Cafe. The staff there are like family, and we'd prefer to pay for our breakfast and have it cooked fresh than go to the restaurant. Great spot, close to everything, lots of good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pin00
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I booked our stay at the Baleka after finding hotels very booked and hard to get into. It had quite a good review on trip advisor so i was happy with the booking. On arrival we were checked into our standard room. I can say that after 4 trips to Bali this was the worst room i have ever stayed in. The bathroom was very tired and the towels were even threadbare. We only lasted one night before we upgraded to a deluxe room by the pool. This was a million times better in the standard of the room BUT....... we were right next door to the bar/restaurant and the very loud music and base kept us awake for the next four nights. I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Pick a deluxe room but as far from the bar as possible
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple