We booked a deluxe room which had lovely modern decor, large bed. TV, coffe making facilities and a mini bar. Heaps of storage. Large modern bathroom. In room safe. Double glass door entry where you could sit and write at the table and then it led though in to another area through glass doors which could be locked at night for extra security.
We were a couple of rooms away from the pool and restaurant which was very convenient and on the ground floor so did not have to worry about climbing stairs as part of the hotel has 3 levels.. Approximately location was in the middle of the complex.
Room service is 24hrs and very reasonable.
Some staff members found English hard to understand, mostly room service and cleaning. We were later told some of them in white shirts are staff in training. On occasion cups weren’t, clean and dishes not taken. Also towels and washers where only replaced by one set. EG: a set of 2 of everything to begins with for 2 people, then some day’s only one towel was left or one washers after dirty ones were taken. Toiletries are only supplied on arrival; this is because they have a dispenser over the bath, in the shower. Unfortunately the one near the sink and shower had forgotten to be refiled or didn’t work properly, because you had to lean in to the shower to get some soap to wash your hands.
There were many options for breakfast--fresh fruits, cereals, yogurt, freshly prepared eggs, bacon, pastries and more. Just dont sit near the ATM machine as it constantly beeps while you are eating breakfast.
Only once did the construction work annoy us and that was because they decided to directly drill in the room next door. Either in to the ceiling or wall, because it was concrete we were not sure where it came from. It was very loud and you could not hear the TV, so if you had been sleeping you would have been woken. This could have been fixed by them letting us know they were going to do it. However It did not last any more than half and hour.
There is a bus service that is advertised in the foyer to different regions; Not sure if it is part of the hotel or a different company.....However when we went to catch the bus the next morning we were informed that it was not available at that time because not enough people were booked on the bus to go to the required destination. The lady called another bus company but that bus was fully booked and had no room left...ONLY IN BALI...!!!!! So we ended up catching a taxi to Sanuar, about $9. The bus is 50,000pp
Laundry very reasonable for hotel prices and the usual 24hr turn around due to humidity.
Overall good hotel, good location, friendly staff and would stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baleka Resort & Spa enjoys a prime Legian location that puts it within easy walking distance to a celebrated stretch of sunset beach as well as an extensive array of shopping and dining options. With two convenient entrance points, the property is well placed to experience the sights Bali's most popular lifestyle district up close and personal. Situated in between Kuta and Seminyak, Legian is an evolving destination known for its vibrant beach culture and carefree ambience. It attracts travellers from all walks of life who are looking for a pleasure-filled break. Baleka Resort & Spa is just 12km from Ngurah Rai International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baleka Beach Hotel Legian
- Baleka Beach Resort
- Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa Bali/Legian