“A great budget hotel close to everything”
Review of Hotel Sinar Bali

and 1 more site!
Hotel Sinar Bali
Ranked #74 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Nothing flashy but clean and tidy with all that we wanted in a budget hotel. TV with english channel, aircon,fridge and hot showers. The pool area was nice and the restaurant served cheap meals. Room service was the same price so very reasonable. Beds were comfortable but we did have 2 singles instead of a double. Small breakfast buffet but you can ask for omelettes or egg dishes at no extra cost. We found it was close to everything with only a short walk to nearby restaurants, massage spas, money changers, shopping and the beach. We cut through the Jayakata a few times but there is a laneway if you look hard.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ReneeLisa

Reviewed 8 April 2010

This is the second time I have stayed at the Hotel Sinar Bali..this time on my own for ten days..I just love the simplicity, friendliness and quietness. I felt very safe by myself and the staff are wonderful. The breakfast is just right and eggs are available as well, cooked any way. i found most of the guests are friendly but not invasive.. i have already booked for next year for a month.

I would recommend it to too many people as I mightn't get in..

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank RebeccaAustralia
Reviewed 21 February 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sinar as the first stop of 4 months in Asia, and we still think of it as the best place we stayed all trip.
Our room was spacious and very clean with a/c, fridge and an enormous, very comfortable bed. I haven't slept better since! The bathroom was a little bit small and the shower leaked a bit, but other than that no complaints regarding the room. It's not luxurious, but functional, clean and comfortable. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard every day with fresh sheets and towels given on a daily basis.
The best thing about the hotel is probably the pool, which is very large and in a beautifully kept garden area with plenty of comfortable loungers and shade if you want it.
Sinar is down a small track, so off the main streets of Legian, which can be very busy and noisy especially at night. I think it's rare to find a genuinely peaceful place there for this kind of price. (We paid approx $25 per night). All the main attractions of Kuta and Legian are within walking distance though, as is the beach. We spent every day by the pool since the beach was very crowded with surfers, and the pool was just so relaxing.
Finally, the staff at Sinar are amongst the most helpful I have ever encountered. They are all very welcoming and always on hand to assist with anything you might need.
Breakfast is included, and is reasonably good.
Definitely worth staying here if you come to Legian.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Batfink27
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I only stayed there for 1 night in the standard room as I needed a place for transit before I checked in to the hotel the next day for my stay in Legian. The room is quite spacious but the furniture needs updating badly. The bathroom is not well-lighted and looks really old (quite scary). Some renovation is much needed. The bedsheets and pillow cases doesn't look very clean either and smells a little. The only think I like about the room is probably the balcony. There is no kettle in the room so if you need hot water you will need to ask from the front desk. The pool is of average size like most hotels in Bali. No blockage so will be able to get some sun. The breakfast is quite pathetic. Not much choices, maybe about 4 dishes to choose from. Toast, sausage, potato...

This hotel is tuck in a little corner away from the main street and the beach so its not exactly very convenient. Unless I will be out most of the time and only needed a place to crash at night, I wouldn't consider this place.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank bluejuize
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Really enjoyed the stay.Clean, neat and cosy rooms which are not very fancy but overlook the pool. The hotel is hop, skip and jump to the Legian beach. The buffet breakfast was not very elaborate but decent. Also in the vicinity are small cafes and restaurants. I would recommend staying here.It was value for money!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ruchb
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Overall, i will give this hotel a 4 star rating. Bearing in mind this hotel is a 2-3 star hotel, it exceeds all expectation. We stayed for 5 days. It cost us around SGD 196. We reckon we wont be staying much, just somewhere to bunk in. We stayed in a bungalow room where the room is slightly larger than superior room and the room is in its own e.g. no rooms above and by the sides. (1 side anyways). The rooms are clean daily. Fresh bedsheets and towels. Although they may look old BUT they are clean. The rooms are simple and comfortable. Hot shower takes a long time to come though. We always reached our rooms close to midnight so we love to take hot showers. I will let the water run for a couple of minutes before the how shower kicks in. The pool looks clean enough to swim in it. A bit small but during my stay there, guests just laze around the pool area. I swam in it and it feels great!

We always had breakfast at the hotel restaurant. It provides the normal bread, jam and butter, orange juice with tea and coffee. There will be hot food like fried noodles or rice with some hotdogs or pancakes. It is a simple yet satisfying buffet breakfast. I have seen other guests ordering boil eggs or fried eggs. There is Wi-Fi in the restaurant area. Although not the fastest, it helped my friend to check in his flight through the internet and did some net search with it.

It took us around 10 to 15 minutes to go to the beach. By walking. Bars, shops and eating places are just around the hotel. It all depends on individual taste. The hotel do provide scooters for rent. It took us around 20 minutes to reach kuta central by cab. The fare to kuta is around 40,000 rupiah while to the airport is around 50,000 rupiah. Dont expect fancy bars and shooping malls. The area is strictly laid-back.

All in all, if you want to stay somewhere cheap and comfortable with good, courteous service then sinar bali is for you. If you want to be near the happening crowd, then im afraid you have to stay close to kuta. I give it 4 thumbs up!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jinnssy
Reviewed 9 September 2009

The Sinar Bali is a very nice place and very good value for money, within easy walking distance of nearby restaurants and bars, but its off-street locations preserves the quiet, the beach was a 15 min walks as were the more upmarket restaurants at Jalan Double Six, but that’s no real hardship and local taxis are cheap as chips, it was a bit hard to find the first time as its tucked away, but after that no problem. The pool is good, the room was fine and well cleaned every day, and all have poolside views. Breakfasts are nice and the staff are all helpful and pleasant. We stayed 5 nights and had a lovely time there, especially at their rates which are budget to modest.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NealeGEdinburgh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Kusnadi Hotel
All Seasons Legian Bali
Champlung Sari Hotel
Champlung Sari Hotel
#96 of 199 in Ubud

Been to Hotel Sinar Bali? Share your experiences!