“Second Home”

Ranked #63 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Second Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Good Hotel, Nice Location...just 5 minutes to Famous Kuta Beach...1 minutes to Leagin aArt Market, 5 Minutes to Bali Bomb Monument, and 5 minutes to the Night Club.
I'm very comfortable stay here
because his staff is very friendly and smiling

Room Tip: New Bath Room is nice
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Tisya K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Can get better hotel with the same price.
Ask first, as they charge everthing including ice in a bowl and hot termos to rooms.
Disruption Frequency wifi even television.
Area location very accessable to beach (6 to 10 min walk)
Shops, minimart, massage and warung was just opposite.

• Stayed January 2013
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed in this place a couple of times and realy recommend this place to everyone who wants a nice stay at a moderate price. The staff here is very nice and always smiling. I've been here the first time in 2003 and since then everyone keeps on remembering me everytime i visit again. The place in not too big, not too small but just right. It has a lovely swimming pool in the middle and palm trees under which you can relax. Also the food in the restaurant was always pretty good and at a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ClemensGermany
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed here at short notice as I had stayed before. Price was excellent for what you get. I have stayed here before so I knew what I would get for the price.
Breakfast is basic but is good.
Customer sevice is good and I always get a smile and also able to chat no problems.
Stayed here in Dcember/ January 2011/12 and the hotel has done some upgrades to make it a better hotel to stay. The stairs have been done up and are covered. But are a little slippery when wet.
You will only have a problem with mosquetos if the bathroom door is left open all the time S THERE ARE AIR VENTS IN BATHROOM WHERE THEY CANB GET IN. bUT I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.
Yiling has been done on the uper level.
Rooms are cleaned daily and linen and towel changed. room cleaners are waiting for the first opertunity to clean the room for you.
I will stay here again and have booked for October.

Room Tip: I have stayed in 111, 112, 114,206, and 204 before and they are all good.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank shaggersridgeshark
Bribie Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have stayed at the Rosani Hotel many time since 2001, this hotel is modrate price only 33 rooms built around a big pool. This year the room have been refurbished and are very good, the area around the pool has had a lot of work done, the staff has been working there along time so they make you very welcome and know you personally so you are well look after. We stayed there 3 weeks this time and had a very good holiday, we have already book our room for 4 weeks next year

Room Tip: Book downstairs rooms for the older or disabled people as stairs are step.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LazyJBribieIsland
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. What we hate about this place (and most hotels in that area) are the mozzies and bugs. My son got bitten at the ear area. The first 2 nights, we stayed at the ground floor. It was just in front of the pool area and our kids love that. But we had to wake up very early in the morning as some kids had already started swimming. Can be quite noisy.
The last 3 nights, due to a miscommunication with a friend who happened to be a local, we had to change to the 2nd floor. We got a corner which can be quite dark but quiet though.
The steps are a killer as it's made of steel and can be quite slippery.
Saw 2 guests fell while having our breakfast at the restaurant. Breakfast was ok with a buffet of fruits.
Apart from all that, all is convenient; the shops, the minimarts and beach.

Room Tip: I really liked the room facing the pool as I can monitor my kids from where I was sitting. But if yo...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Shashanizam H
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights when I was in my 15 day travels through Bali. The receptionist lied to me when I asked if they had a breakfast buffet. They only have a buffet on fruit, you only get one plate of actual food included in your stay eat morning, and it is only of average quality.

I think I got one of the better rooms when I stayed there, room 103. It was a lot better than many of the photos I see on this tripadvisor page. So, if you want a good room, request that one or the one next to it which I believe is 102.

The hotel has good free WIFI, and an internet cafe owned by the hotel. However guests do not get discounts at the hotel Internet cafe.

One thing that annoyed me was that every time I wanted to turn on the AC, you had to put the key chain into the power starter to turn the room power on, then you would have to exit the room and flip a switch on the porch which resets every time you take the key chain out of the power starter.

I got back late one night and had brought some food with me I had gotten at a nearby restaurant. The kitchen was closed by the hotel and the kitchen staff were all sitting at a table playing cards and chatting casually. I asked them if I could borrow a spoon as I had food in the room to eat, they said no and that the kitchen is closed. At first I thought he just misunderstood me because surely a hotel kitchen would give a guest a spoon if they need one right? Well I repeated myself that I had food to eat in my room and I just needed a spoon. The kitchen assistant still shook his head and was very clear when he said "no sorry, the kitchen is closed". He then went back to the table where he was playing cards with the other hotel and kitchen staff. I was appalled.

I left my bathroom bag at the hotel and had to go back at night to get it on the day I checked out as I was staying in Tuban about 20 minutes away for the second part of my trip. I called to see if they had it and they said no, it is not there. I pressured them to check again because I knew for a fact it was there... No one from the morning staff had informed the night staff that they had placed the bag somewhere for safe keeping until I had returned to pick it up. Just bad communication there it seems.

My first two days it rained all day in Bali so I couldn't do anything. It would of been nice had the hotel had international channels like CNN and BBC. No English or international television whatsoever, and the TV is very snowy because there is no cable.

I asked the hotel staff if they had a blowdryer that I would use during my stay. They charged me about 12 dollars to use it the entire stay. Why does a hotel charge for the use of a hair drier? I could have bought my own for that price.

The area is a good location however I would recommend staying at Grandmas Hotel in Seminyak which is closer to the beach, cheaper, cable television, and in a quieter area with less heckling shopkeepers and annoying men constantly asking for overpriced transport.

Room Tip: 103 was good, I believe it is one of their best rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Serela Legian Hotel
Fourteen Roses Beach Hotel
Legian Village Hotel
Legian Village Hotel
#61 of 84 in Legian

Been to Rosani Hotel? Share your experiences!