“Run down and dirty hotel”
Review of Bali Village Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Legian
Bali Village Hotel
Ranked #77 of 84 Hotels in Legian
London
“Run down and dirty hotel”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The rooms were very old and dirty. Strong musty smell in the bathroom. Mould on the walls. The toilet didn't flush properly, I had to use the rubbish bin to flush. The shower wasn't stong enough to rinse my hair. The towels and the rug were yellow and stained. The ben linen was yellowish-grey but smelt fresh laundry though. Staff was nice but I don't understand why they wouldn't clean the rooms properly as they didn't look busy at all. Breakfast was just ok but tables covers were stained and had holes. Swimming pool was small but clean. Poor value for money as I paid 55USD per night. I booked for 3 nights and wanted to check out as soon as I arrived but they wouldn't saying that I have to pay for the whole stay (they had my Visa through the website I booked with). I will never stay again and do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moi0306

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 12 August 2011

When I was booked into this hotel I read the reviews and was very nervous indeed.
I was pleasantly surprised and would happily return there.
Accommodation is I'n modest 2star bungalows but clean and cheap.
The pool is a great place to relax with no crowds.
Hotel location is 10 minutes walk to the beac and next door to Seminyak. A great location just off the mad hustle and bustle of the main drag.
They include a fulll American breakfast and the whole place is currently being upgraded with the young staff undergoing extensive training.
For me it proved good value and a happy retreat. I have visited Bali 5 or 6 times before I'n the last 25 years.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Oljon
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I would recommend if you're well travelled, want a cheap and convenient location and don't intend spending a lot of time hanging out in your room. The rooms here were comfortable and reasonably spacious but really, really dated and average, as was cleanliness. The bathroom was dark and dank and our toilet didn't flush properly, so you really wouldn't want to suffer a bout of Bali Belly here. Nontheless, we're used to travelling on a shoestring and didn't expect much for the price. We actually really liked it because it was small, uncrowded and more personal than a large complex where you are isolated from meeting others. We met some great people there whilst relaxing at the pool bar - the lime crushes were fantastic - just order heaps of extra lime! If they were at full capacity the pool would probably be too small, but it suited our purposes for cooling off after a hot day and socialising with others. Some of the staff were really great, some really not that interested, but we didn't have any problems. They were honest and helpful. We ate there a few times, but only Indonesian food, which was quite good. If your a little fussy and want some luxury, you should probably look elsewhere. It was a typical, older Balinese style place that has not been well maintained but had a kind of run-down, chilled-out charm, which was what we were looking for and we were happy with our stay. For cheapskates and those without high expecations.

Room Tip: Go for the family rooms, larger and ligher.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pandagirl61
Eaton, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2010

With a change of flight schedules, we needed to find an extra night somewhere before heading to Ubud. We were offered a package at this hotel through our agent.
We arrived mid afternoon, checked-in and were soon off to our room. You certainly won't get excited as you walk through the doors. This is budget accommodation with no frills.
The decor is dated, along with linen, towels and fittings. The television showed snow on all channels, but as this was our only night at the hotel, we couldn't be bothered having someone tinker away in our room trying to get it going.
The bathroom tended to make my skin crawl. It would never have been a beauty to behold - a strange colour of blue, which is now dull and grimy.
I think what got to us most of all was how mean things seemed to be at this hotel. No real milk is ever used it seems, only powdered. At breakfast, I asked what juices they had and was told orange only. It was orange cordial. The breakfast would have to rate as the worst food we have ever had in Bali....pancakes are always something to look forward to, but the one I was presented with at breakast, would have sunk the Titanic on its own...a horrendous, doughy bleak excuse for a banana pancake.
There are no brollies in your room to help you get to the restaurant or reception without being drowned enroute and this is if you manage to negotiate the awful up and down jumble of steps and broken paving.
We both woke early with terrible back aches on a mattress which seemed to have been made around the time the Titanic went down. Thank goodness we only had one night on this bed, as we knew the next night would have been torture.
All in all, this little hotel is in desperate need of a complete overhaul...well it would need bulldozing I believe. There are signs of wear and tear all over and lots of water damage evident in the ceilings.
Again, as with most places in Bali, the staff were lovely, including the young trainees who were learning the ropes when we were there.
I would recommend this hotel for those on a budget and who plan to spend most of their days touring and seeing the sights and who are really just looking for somewhere to sleep (hopefully without a backache) and store their gear.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue C

Travellers are raving about these Legian hotels

Rosebud, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2010

This is a quiet, basic hotel with wonderful staff. Recommended for seniors, families, well-behaved youngsters, couples (young and old). Pool cleaned daily, rooms done out daily. A bit time worn but, for the reasonable tariff, well worth the money. If you are are cashed-up-bogan on a sex tour of Asia, find somewhere else to stay - you won't be welcome here and your disrespectful behaviour will probably attract some very unwanted attention.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank idabagusbajrah
Port macquarie
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Evrything about Legian village hotel (Joni 1 ) was just great. Legian is not as busy as Kuta, still the hustle and bustle of shopping and great shopping, my kids first taste of Bali and they loved it.
The service was wonderful, food in the restaurant was terrific, live music everynight,but didnt go too late for those who wanted to sleep.
Price was good, the pillows not the best but when you are tired you really dont notice.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone, so close to the beach and shopping at your front door.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We walked in and asked for rate. Told really good room for 400,000. Agreed then were walked down the road and across to a lane where their 2nd hotel is. Really bad room and hotel. o.k. if your 18 and no money. went back to reception and manager was really rude. we left and got a great room at the Three Brothers Inn for much less! Great hotel and spot. Staff lovely.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple