“Avoid .”
Review of Bali Village Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Legian
Bali Village Hotel
Ranked #79 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Booked this hotel through our travel agent, both the book and internet listings make this place seem an attractive and cheap choice. We lasted 20 minutes, the shower and toilet were filthy, with broken fittings. The bed had dirty linen, the electrical fittings were either broken or not working. So called mini bar consisted of an empty fridge with a pool of smelly water sitting on the bottom. Then there was the smell, horrible, a very chemical smell which had everyone feeling sick and dizzy. The grounds were just as bad with grass standing a good half meter high and rubbish littering the areas between villas. The staff were OK, until we decided to move to another hotel, when they became surly and uncooperative. My advice go elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eric C

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I needed two weeks in Bali to write and searched for budget accomodation. I've stayed in Bali several times so familiar with the location. I like Legian as it is out of the Kuta area but if I want to shop its only a walk or cab ride and there are plenty of restaurant options along the waterfront and bars to sit down on the beach for a cocktail and watch the sunset. I hired a bungalow at Bali Village Bagak for two weeks as i looked like the accomodation standard met my budget. I essentially needed a room over my head, comforable bed, bathroom and a space to write on the computer. I believe now that I could have got the bungalow for less per night.

I'd planned on coming a day early so I rang the hotel to organise. The girl who answered had little english so after several attempts I gave up but was able to get an email address thinking that written english would be more easily understood. I sent the email but never heard anything back (I checked...it was the right email address) so I booked another hotel for one night as I didn't want to take the risk of the hotel not having a room.

The first room I was given, the toilet leaked. To the hotels credit they immediately moved me to another bungalow. Thanks. Had I come a week later in peak season that might not have been an option.

The bedroom was neat. The bathroom had been cleaned but in need of a good scrub. The door on the cupboard fell off when I opened it to put my clothes in. Looks like it had been this way for ages. Other minor things needed attention.

The stains in the roof indicated that there had been leaks before. When it rained water dripped through the bathroom ceiling for a couple of days.

Every tiime I made a request at the front desk they didn't really understand and took several attempts to make sure they got it. I told the man at the front desk I wanted to stay an extra night.but once again for some reason it was not recorded. So they asked me when i was checking out on the day originally booked and I had to go through the process again with another person.

My advice. The hotel badly needs maitenance, possibly it will be pulled down . You will see this immediately when you see the roof at the left of the entrance. You get what you pay for. I think I could have done better for the $50 per night.

the young trainees at the hotel are sweet and make an effort to converse but dont expect to get too past hello. I give them full marks for friendliness though.

Room Tip: My new room was against the pool which was nicer than the first room at the back. Down side of that...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank avennbrown
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I've camped and backpacked throughout Asia and this was probably the creepiest, grottiest place I've ever stayed. Actually, we didn't even spend the first night. I'd prepaid for our rooms and so we just cut my losses and left.

I could write a novel about this joint, because it sounds like bad fiction. But every word is true.

Checking in, we discovered a totally lifeless lobby cafe inundated with loud disco music, as if that would create a party atmosphere.

The pool had a sign saying "Medical Treatment in Progress. Pool Closed" ...almost hilarious, but the fact that every surface of that hotel looked like something was growing on it, was enough to make me believe the place WAS a health hazard in need of medicine. A boozing, bloated female pair of western sex tourists were actually breaking the pool closure rule, canoodling in the shallows with their pathetic, emaciated local toy boys who actually averted their faces as I walked by.

The place is falling apart, broken slimy brick pathways a challenge to navigate, and the grounds were just not cared for at all.

Our porch overlooking a patch of garden had one dirty chair on it, and the room's floor had muddy footprints on it already. Not a great start. Mosquitoes were inside, the bathroom door unable to close all the way, letting insects in from the permanently open bathroom window. The bed had no mosquito net, but it did have a mini fridge and desk. I didn't even want to touch the bed. It just looked greasy and old.

This congested part of the street is a long walk to the beach, but I will concede that shoppers for beads, clothing and souvenirs could find the location a convenience. The Hotel Kusnadi is right next door, and had a lot more people staying in it, was a little more alive. Was a bit far to get to Bintang supermarket and the good restaurants of the area.

We just grabbed our bags and left, full stop.

Room Tip: Go someplace else if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank queen_of_expats
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Hotel staff are a friendly, always smiling and very helpful. location of hotel is good. everything is within walking distance. price is reasonable so don't expect room and hotel facilities to be 5 star. dining at hotel nothing much to shout about. overall, value for money .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank traveloo_12
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed here June 2012 with my friend. The first night we arrived my friend had her bag stolen from a motorcyclist nearby (not to alarm people from going). When we notified the staff they ensured that the next 9 days were the most enjoyable ones we had, and always made sure we felt safe.
Unlike some reviews, we had a perfectly working air conditioner, although it did seem to rattle some nights. There was a definite lack of hot water. When the staff was notified they tried to fix it, but unfortunately most showers stayed cold.
I would recommend people to stay here if they are on a budget and are just looking for somewhere to sleep. There is so much to do in Bali that a comfy bed is all you need.

Pros: The amazing staff, cheap eats, cheap room, clean room.

Cons: Cold showers, older hotel.

(Big shout out to all the staff from Ebony and Kimmy)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank EbonyLee
Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpfully, rooms are old and not too small but could be cleaner, overall value for money for a convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed here april 2012 with a friend twin share, i'll start by saying the staff are lovely, the location is great and the surrounds are quiet and homely and the breakfast was good. The pool is awesome. the rooms were of good size BUT.......the sheets were stained, the airconditioner even though was on set to 18 degrees never punched below 27 and there were bugs everywhere. the windows had no screens (thus no having the door or windows open). The bathroom was a whole other story...I'm not sure it had been cleaned since it was built, actually had a dirty water mark that was like a thick pool of mud in the bathroom and the toilet smelt like a sewer. Holding your breath was the only way to use the toilet, which was also in the same room as the shower and basin. I had tried to email the hotel several times before we arrived with no answer and when we arrived (as we booked a package) we were told they had no record of our arrival. I was very disappointed and thus we movbed after only 1 night stay as we couldn't handle it, even though we'd paid for 6 nights. Thsi place also goes by the Bali Village Bagak Hotel.

Room Tip: do yourself a favour and find another hotel until this one gets a thorough cleaning, it would be an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends