“Worst Hotel”
Review of Sayang Maha Mertha

Sayang Maha Mertha
Ranked #83 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 2 August 2011

In leaving from Lovina as my previous post related to. I am now at Sayang Maha Mertha in legian.

I am far from impressed with it except for the price for 8 nights stay.
Let me say now, im not hard to please nor do i complain but after 3 days and nights in Sayang Maha Mertha, I am about to give this hotel a very bad review.

On arrival <B>....we had to pay UPFRONT,......</B> my partner, who is old enough to be classed as elderly but still young enough to do full day tours etc, is <B>made to climb stairs that are made for giants I am sure.</B>

On top of this,<B> the walls are that thin and i joke not, we can actually hear couples and females and others either side of us having sex, orgasming, and talking without straining our ears</B> and it is that bad, I am about to complain to hotel management.

Add to those complaints the fact that <B>they are doing construction work on the section we are in and the noise starts about 630am every morning till about 6pm each night.</B>

Partner had <B>one dish of Shrimp cocktail and ended up with bali belly from the Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel Restuarant</B>

on the 8th of august they turn 31yrs old, god forbid anyone should they
try any of the shrimp cocktails or buffet food, they may end up with bali belly as a result.

My opinion for what it counts isstay at another hotel and give the above a wide berth

Room Tip: Thin Walls and floors that you can hear couples having sex and ppl talking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank leanne2j

Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed in many hotels in bali. But the sayang in kuta is by far the worst hotel ive ever been in!! the free breakfast is gross (2 toast with butter), the people are not even polite or nice! they made us change room because someone else requested it (after 3days in). We had to fight to get a nice room. all the room are gross , smell bad and they probably never heard of cleaning. they tell you dont reserved for moto we have plenty and when u come a noon they tell you with alot of attitude well we dont have some so its not our problem and walk away. If i had the power to shut down the hotel i would. Oh and the smell is gross too. plus there is construction at the hotel, and there is 2 big hotel constrcution next to it so u always wake up at 7 or earlier!!

I wouldnt recommand this hotel in a million years!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank kevj34
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I stayed here for 2 weeks in June/ July. I booked the cheapest room with a fan, as sometime the aircon in haotels makes me sick. I didnt realise that those rooms ONLY had cold water! haha woops! Tried to swap rooms but the hotel was booked out. So were all the other hotels around the same area.
The room had an overwhelming stench of Napthalene... at least you know there wont be any moths/silverfish around.
The bar was CHEAP, only 13k for a small bintang i think. The room i booked was located directly above the reception/bar/pool table area and a few nights were a bit noisy.
The pool water was clean but the area round the pool was a bit dirty, some of the daybeds were broken.
I guess the hotel suits backpackers more than anyone else. If your on a tight budget then it would be great.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Smithy_L
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I had a stopover for one night on Bali, coming from Singapur late in the evening and going to Dili/Timor-Leste on the next day's morning.So I looked for a budget option to sleep and found Sayang Maha Mertha. I got a two-storied traditional hut, which was a nice surprise. The mosquito net have had some holes and the light was weak. But for less than 12 EUR I can't complain and the Sayang Maha Mertha fitted to my needs. If I will have another stopover in Bali I would book it again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2011

1) The room is very old, dirty and smelly, can see cockroach moving in the bathroom, near bed and under the desk.
2) No privacy. exposing from outside 2nd floor that we can only sleep without changing for pajamas.
3) A totally nightmare there. Strongly not recommend for family

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Nothing seems to be in order in this hotel. Run down hotel, filthy room, very dirty bathroom, very small beds with dirty linens, foul smell in the room with leaking wash basin. Very unsafe place with shady people and pimps roaming around; did not offered breakfast to us though it was complimentary as mentioned in the reservation voucher. We stayed there for a night only. Not at all recommended for a family accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Calcutta1966
Reviewed 13 June 2011

They didn't get our online reservation on time, so they put us instead in a fan room (the only one left available). It was okay, I guess, because they did give us the difference from the original amount we paid for the nicer room, but their fan room was just so old and uninviting. The floor and about half of the wall was tiled using what seemed like big bathroom tiles, and although the linens were cleaned and changed everyday, they were so old, the white had turned into a yellowish/dark shade. Moving into the more expensive room the next day, we expected a bit more luxury, but although, yes, it was nicer, it still did not meet my expectations. Also, breakfast was bad with them just serving a piece of toast and tea/coffee. Their pool was okay though, and their beer cheaper than some convenient stores, so it's a nice place to load up/hang out. The staff was also quite ok. Some of them were likeable. Oh and btw, the WiFi is okay, but bring your own WiFi ready gadget, because they'll charge you if you use their computer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kamums
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Bali Ra Airport Hotel
Vilarisi Hotel
#76 of 87 in Legian
Novotel Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Next Tuban Hotel & Airy

Been to Sayang Maha Mertha? Share your experiences!