The photos posted on the Agoda website DO NOT reflect the style of rooms at all. The options for this hotel is a standard room with fan, standard room with air conditioning and deluxe room with air conditioning. The photos shown on the website only reflect the deluxe rooms, although even the standard rooms have the same photo.
In addition, there is no hot water in any of the standard rooms, even though the Agoda website mentions hot/cold water for the standard room. This is INCORRECT. Only the deluxe rooms have hot water. Standard with fan and a/c have no hot water.
Agoda also mentions that ALL rooms have bathtub, desk and television, balcony/terrace. The standard rooms with fan and a/c have no bathtub, no desk, no television and no balcony or terrace. These rooms do not even have a sink.
Whilst listed as a basic room, the bathroom was tiny with only a handheld shower over the toilet. There was no sperate toiltet. Every time you showered, the toilet and bathroom got completely wet.
We thought we had booked a simple clean double room with private bathroom and fan, however when we got there, we saw an old, run down room with no tv, no desk, no bathtub, no hot water, no balcony/terrace and two twin beds.
The hotel told us that when we made our booking, we did not specify that we wanted one bed. Although, Agoda website clearly shows a double bed in the photo when you book a standard room.
I would never book this hotel again, unless I can book the deluxe room on a website that shows deluxe clearly. Anything else and you will end up in a standard room with a/c which is equally as old.
I believe that if you book a superior room as listed on Agoda, you are actually booking a standard room with a/c which is just as bad as a standard room with fan.
The only plus about this hotel is its location, near to everything but off the main strip so quieter.
People were okay. Hotel is run down but at least the pool was clean, although the sun lounges and table were pretty much all broken or stained.
I would only book this hotel if I was staying for under 5 days and only in a deluxe room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel is located in the famous village of Legian, a pleasent 10 minute drive from the airport, 4 minute walk (100 meters) from the world famous sunset beach of Kuta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Zenrooms, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sayang Maha Mertha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel Legian
- Sayang Maha Mertha Legian
- Sayang Maha Mertha Bali/Legian