Sayang Maha Mertha
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$70
Legian Beach Hotel(Legian)
US$283
US$97
Agoda.com
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$82
Agoda.com
The Lokha Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$66
  • Pool
Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$79
Agoda.com
Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$34
Agoda.com
Sun Island Hotel & Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$58
Ossotel(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$56
Agoda.com
Mercure Bali Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
All reviewscontinental breakfastbudget accommodationdeluxe roommin walkrepair
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Very poor place, dirty pool and rooms like prison cells, with only cold water and a shower going on a floor (no shower corner/ small corner bath) right next to the toilet. Poor and not appealing restaurant /bar, not greatly comfy beds.
However here it really counts you get what you pay for. We only paid cca 8 GPB per night as we needed stay one night close to airport which it was. Its close to beach (but that beach is worst I saw in Bali- do seek other beaches such as Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Dua, Dreamland and others on the south of Bali).
If you want cheap place close to bars (about 10-15 min walk to the real centre of Kuta) then go for it but take it just as sleeping place, dont think you would enjoy staying here throughout the day.
Also positives are there are cheap drinks and cheap internet.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Suzie3592
Reviewed 1 March 2012

the photos of hotel are very nice,but the true is different.the cheapest rooms are small and simble,only fun and cold water but the balkony is nice.the breakfast is really poor.the center is close and the stuff is good

Room Tip: rooms on the right side cost about 22 euro but are very nice
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The location is okay and the staff was really friendly. Booked only 1 night in the cheapest room (usd 18) and it was enough. It was worse than I expected. it was very dark and extremely smelly. it was okay for 1 night but still never again. otherwise they of course have more expensive rooms which looked nice. Wifi only in public areas, but the speed is good. I recommend the hotel but not the cheap rooms.

Room Tip: Do not chose the cheap room if you can afford a more expensive one.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adelina_F
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Twin non smoking room booked. Free pickup from Airport confirmed by separate email by the hotel. We (2 women) arrived in Bali at 11:30PM. After waiting until after midnight for the promised hotel pickup we took alternate transport . The hotel was aware we had transport booked as my name was on a white board behind the front desk. We were advised by the night manager two drivers for the hotel had called in sick at the last moment. This does not excuse two women being left waiting at the airport.
It was almost 1am when we were shown to our room, only one bed, but two ashtrays. I asked where the second bed was. The night manager tried to convince me I had only booked one bed, but luckily I had print outs showing otherwise. I requested another room and was advised none were available. I requested a mattress for the floor, which was provided. It was FILTHY. My previous trip to Bali I stayed in a hotel with wooden shutter and no glass in window. That hotel was a five star Hilton when compared to this one. We then discovered there was only one towel, this made me laugh because I had confirmed by email towels would be provided for bathroom AND swimming pool. When I lifted the curtain covering the window in the bathroom I discovered it looked onto another room the same size, I assume it was another bathroom.
By about 2am we agreed we had no option but to stay for the night. When I cleaned my teeth ready for bed, the water splashed up my legs. Further investigation showed the sink was simply resting on top of the drain pipe and not actually attached. The balance was precarious, I should have let the thing drop on the floor instead of catching it!
As mentioned in other reviews, construction was happening at the hotel, this was not a problem, and despite the early start of the workmen the noise was not intrusive. I could have handled it. The room was badly situated, with people sitting in the dining area being able to look directly into the room offering little privacy, this two I could have accepted at a pinch even though it was not ideal.
We were not there long enough to check out the swimming pool.
When we booked out the following morning the hotel tried to extract an extra fee from us for leaving earlier than we had previously booked. This establishment is to be avoided at all costs.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank R0N1CE
Reviewed 9 February 2012

You can't expect much when you book the cheapest hotel you find online, so I don't want to complain as such, but I do want to let you know how we found our first two nights in Bali, staying at Sayang. The taxi driver from the airport found the hotel easily.The staff who greeted us at check in were unenthused and took a while to work out the rate, converting USD to IDR minus the deposit we had paid online. We stayed in the cheapest room as the others were all booked - on the 2nd floor (and no lift) so not ideal in the heat, however we did have a pleasant view over the pool and further afield and a wee balcony from which to enjoy it. (Personally, I travel light and would climb a few stairs for a view anyday so I wasn't bothered).The bathroom smelt bad. It stunk really, I remember trying to hold my breath whenever using it - and don't ask me about the shower pressure/temperature because we didn't use the shower there due to the smell. The room was large enough, sparse and the beds fine to sleep on,but being in a fan room the sound of the fan and the inadequate cooling it offered made a good sleep difficult. Breakfast was good and included in the room price. Not a wide variety to choose from but friendly staff would take your order while you sat in the relaxing restaurant area and bring you your freshly cooked breakfast and fruit. The meals there were good and reasonably priced, I remember getting gado gado, so yum, cheap and big - I couldn't finish it all. The bar was great to drink at, cheap drinks and the staff so friendly and happy to chat, they even let you put your ipod on over their speakers. The people staying there seemed to be young, friendly, easy going types. The pool was clean and sometimes there were ladies offering massages by the pool. The location is great, you can walk to the beach and its only a quick scooter ride to the part of Kuta where the Bounty and other bars are. Friends staying in the aircon rooms said they were much better and I'ld never go back and stay in a fan room again but I would have no quams about staying in slightly more expensive room. Its a cheap hotel and you get what you pay for - when you're only in your room for a few hours at night it doesn't matter too much. Don't go expecting much and you might have a great time there.

Room Tip: Pay more and get a room with aircon - fans are noisey and made sleeping difficult.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends