I have lived in some crap places and am used to "roughing it"..But this takes the cake for several reason. Only dumb western tourist might like this (cause most cant understand the language when they are talking about you to your face)
1) HEALTH AND SAFETY: they use a toxic chemical (photographic evidence) for insecticde mixed with diesl and fumugate the area without warning and it will penetrate the rooms.
2) Rubish dumps aronud the corner of most buildings (no lie..have evidence in pictures)
3) EXTREMLEY RUDE STAFF: ok, i dont often get scared easily, but one of the caretakers would constantly give me evil eye it would make you want to cry..serious..like something out of a supernatural horror movie..also...they staff would talk about you in their native lagnuage judging you and abusing you thinking you can not understand..i.e "bangsat, anjing, bajingan etc.." directly to your face when asking a price for a massage (no i was not a sex tourist or a sleaze bag). ALSO..the staff would kick you out for morning clean up.
4) HARASSMENT..even though they have transport and massage you would be sitting on the computer and get annoyed several times with them trying to bargain with you for transport or massage..serious, you shouldt have to have that at your own hotel..
5) bad shower facilites
6) No washing or laundry facilites..
7) NOISE POLLUTION...even though bali is a party town, the would be traffic of scooters and cars right at your front door at all times in the morning..so kiss sleep good bye.
8)..THE SO CALLED FREE BREAKFAST (this might sound picky) is a slice of toast and small fruit and you will get conned into buying breakfast there..so make sure you clarify first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel is located in the famous village of Legian, a pleasent 10 minute drive from the airport, 4 minute walk (100 meters) from the world famous sunset beach of Kuta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Zenrooms, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Sayang Maha Mertha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel Legian
- Sayang Maha Mertha Legian
- Sayang Maha Mertha Bali/Legian