“A good hotel in a good location”

Champlung Mas Hotel
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I recently stayed here with two of my friends over the new years period and had an enjoyable experience. The hotel is located in a quite lane off Melasti street which is host to many great eateries, spas, markets and coffee shops. We had a deluxe pool terrace room, which I would recommend, that was right near the main pool. We had three beds in the one room which made it a little congested, however with only the two beds it would have been spacious. the bathroom is big and the room suited our needs just fine. my only criticism of the room is that ours was located right next to the kitchen which was very loud early in the mornings making it difficult to sleep in, and there was also a constant loud dripping noise right outside our room again making it hard to sleep. The roof top pool was great as was the main pool and swim up bar, however they do take a long time to make a cocktail! the staff were helpful enough and it was easy to exchange money. Overall, the hotel is good for the price you are paying and I would stay here again but mainly for the location.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe pool terrace room so your right near the pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jess S

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Value for money. Close to everything. Rooms basic but clean and comfortable. Great pool with semi up bar. We met friends there and chose to book in. Air con did not work but they fixed it straight away, brought hair dryer straight away and mosquito spray as Mosquitos were bad in the room. Very helpful

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn W
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Booking in with a party of 10 was a nightmare 5 couples all booked at the same time the same "deluxe" suite same agent etc couldn't get rooms close to each other , it took 15-20 mins to get checked in , 2 of the 5 rooms the air con didn't work the first few nights myself and my partner wernt to concerned but by the 3rd night it was getting unbearable , we asked them to fix it they came pressed buttons and couldn't so they tryed to change us rooms we got two options we walked into one and the smell of mold nearly knocked you out the second room the smell of sewrige made you gag ( this was presant in 3 of the other rooms out friends had but was "manageable" if they left the exhaust fan running). Because we wernt happy with either of those two rooms it was put up or shut up.
At first glance I was suprised by the hotel the grounds are nice 3 lifts 3 sets of stairs 3 nice pools all with bars , we notices tho water marks in the corridors ( we later realised that's because the roof leaked heavily every time it rained).
The bathrooms were firstly a lot of mildue in the bath and shower and even a small bar of used soap in the shower I assume from previous guests .
The night we got in I read the guest brochure the do's and don'ts standard for hotels it said to get cleen towels every day put towels in bath I did this every day and the first few days I thought we got cleans towels as they had been folded and hung nicely on the 2nd day tho my partner had put a foot print on a towels by accident on day number 6 I noticed foot print still on towel so I took it down to reception and complained they were very helpfull and from there out we got new towels however they insisted it was my fault . Our bed sheets were not changed the whole time we were there eather . It mentioned we get a hair dryer tho that wasn't presant in anyone's rooms and the room service menu wasn't in 3 of 5 rooms.
Breakfast is basic cornflakes warm milk toast some Danishes baked beens and an Asian dish to get bacon eggs or an omlette you have to order it ( this wasn't obvious but since you have to do it in other places we tryed and succeeded) how ever twice on separate mornings we would make an order and 15 mins later walk up and they had compleatly forgotten about it.
One lift would stop working if it rained and it was the main lift also so taking the small lift with 10 people we would have to do 3 trips.
For the most part the hotel was quiet a lot of guests but not too much noise.
The location was convinant depending on what you want to do but it is down an ally way that is very dark and scary of a night and 1/2 the taxis / bikes we caught had no idea this hotel existed so would either kick us out and still demand money or ask for directions (we started taking business cards with the hotel address on it this helped).
Overall you get what you pay for but personally I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Danni1288
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We have stayed at Champlung Mas on several occasions now and it is not in my nature to tell the world anything...but I can honestly say that it really is good value for money..complaints are made only by those that expect the world for very little..the old champagne lifestyle on a beer budget..I have stayed in both the new and old sections and I still prefer the old....yes it is quieter, given.
The spa rooms and girls are absolutely brilliant, reception staff are fantastic, room service, food waiters, cleaners all great and very freindly.
Definately my home away from home when in Bali... I recommend this to all of my freinds...

Room Tip: Go for the old if you are not too fussy...much quieter with your own secluded courtyard...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at Champlung Mas Hotel in June last year one day my husband took $200 out of the safe put it on a pile of clothes in the wardrobe locked safe and went out for the day the wardrobe door was left open my husband forgot to pick up the money and it was still there when we returnedand the room had been cleaned we found everyone very honest and trustworthy

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank peta c
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed at the old hotel twice before and found it great, but this trip was a nightmare, rooms were very basic with little or no facilities, such as teabags and water, no soap in the bathroom let alone a soapdish, water poured out of the downlight in the bathroom when it rained but no one was concerned, and the noise at night from the main pool and bar area was horrendous as was the noise early mornings from the pool. There is little or no information in the rooms about facilities in the hotel, we didn't know for a week that there was a rooftop pool and bar or an area up top for massages and nails etc.WiFi coverage is very minimal. It seems so many people had master keys of the rooms and would let anyone into a room whether they knew them or not. To cap it all off, when I reached Perth Airport and went to my wallet, which was kept in the room safe the whole time, I discovered it was empty, and there was $1,000 in there and it could only have been taken from the in room safe as I only ever took it out to take out small amounts of money to change to Rupiah, so all in all, not happy, and I know they can access the safe even with codes in as they had to open it when we booked in as it was still locked from the previous tenant. I searched my onboard bags very carefully but the money wasn't there, so it could only have disappeared at the hotel. Not even sure if I want to go back to Bali again after this trip even though I have been there many times and have had no problems.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Thelma M
Reviewed 14 November 2013

just returned from holiday in bali and unfortunatley stayed at champlung mas legion dont get me wrong there was people there who seemed to be enjoying the less than perfect surrounds but a lot of them had one to many bintangs the rooms were generally grubby and in need of a good clean and dont count on getting an unbroken nights sleep 24 hour pool and people coming back from clubs and pubs take care of that wi fi is not available in your room but if you go out on the bacony there it is as slow as it is i could go on bit im limited in the amount of words i can use so please do your self a favour and avoid this place at all costs

Room Tip: book a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo