“Wonderful stay!!!!”

Sing Ken Ken Lifestyle Boutique Hotel
Ranked #58 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We were there for honeymoon looking for a nice place... And we found it! The rooms are really clean, the staff is super friendly. When they find it out that we were on honeymoon they prepare our room with special things and they gave us a honeymoon cake. The breakfast is great, it includes fruit, salads, cereals, eggs and so on.
We were on a ground floor room but, actually, there was no noise at all because the windows are double glazed.
Overall this was an amazing hotel for us for a good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Camila C
Sing Ken Ken Ho... L, Manager at Sing Ken Ken Lifestyle Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Camila,

Warmest greetings from Sin Ken Ken Boutique Hotel.
Thank you for your kind word which we will share with all of our team.
Your compliment about room are really clean and the staff is super friendly will drive us to the right direction to keep on our extraordinary service to every customer.
Congratulations again for your honeymooner and we look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit to Bali.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I had booked some of our wedding guest in at the sing ken ken before we went to nusa dua for a few days for our wedding.
First of all we got 50% rate for 8 rooms through agoda. Well worth the money at that rate! The rooms were clean and big and also very new, in a good location ! I will say that , I have been to Bali many times !
After our stay for 3 days it was good and every one was happy ! When all of my friends had checked out and I sent them in taxis to nusa dua it was my turn to checkout. It was taking a very long time and was very slow...(I was the only person checking out at the time.) I told them that I had to be in nusa dua in 3 hrs for our wedding rehersal . The receptionist at the lobby said that the computers are down ! I said no problem its not our fault and could I speak to the manager ! He shouted at me will an angry face and bad tone of voice and said its `me Im the manager ` ! . Well then he said that I need to pay for the 8 rooms because he cant check if sing ken ken has received payment off agoda . I explained to him that I have a copy of the receipt from agoda for the 8 rooms in 1 reservation and that we need to go ! It was starting to get ugly and I had fallen to his level and we where screaming at each other repeatedly . He the manager was dripping in sweat and was very agitated and clearly could not handle the situation . After arguing with him and telling him about our wedding rehersal and im not paying for the rooms that I booked in april he let me go !
And im still waiting for my 500 000 rupiah holding deposit to be returned to my visa account which was 4 weeks ago ! I don't think I will be getting it back !
I will say that if you are visiting bali that bali people are the nicest people in the world and this is a one off incident !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Andres229

Dear Andres,

Warmest greetings from Sing Ken Ken Boutique Hotel.
Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback which I was sharing with our front office manager who was dealing on your check out . Please kindly accept our sincerely apologies for this incident and he was facing this issue due to the fact that our system was down completely. We will follow up to Niaga Bank regarding your card verification IRD 500.000 and when we checked on the system actually your booking is through Expedia but not through Agoda. We greatly appreciated your comment about the room were cleaned and good location.
Thank you again for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Bali.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had our base here for our 10 day stay in Bali . Were on honeymoon looking for some nice comfortable hotel close to the beach and with good amenities around the area, if this is what you are looking for this is your hotel. We were not looking to be enclosed in a resort, why would you want that when Bali is a natural garden itself with so much to explore. Rooms were super clean (they were even cleaning twice a day!), every morning we were looking forward to breakfast which included a nice choice from salad and fruit to Chinese style or American style breakfast always well catered and fresh. Loved the roof top pool and friendly staff, also good enough gym and you also have the change of getting your massage at the end of your day in the spa. Overall great place and good value.

Room Tip: We read not so good reviews about ground floor rooms and noise but In reality there was no noise at...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PILAR101
Sing Ken Ken Ho... L, Manager at Sing Ken Ken Lifestyle Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Ms.Pilar,

Warmest greetings from Sing Ken Ken Boutique Hotel.
Thank you for your great comments which we will share with our respective leaders. We glad that you were enjoyed your honeymoon with us and we are really happy to get this kind of feedback however at this stage we are still doing more training to enhance and exceed our service in the future.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Sing Ken Ken.

kind regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel is really great for the money. The rooms are very clean and beautiful! After reading the reviews about noise and breakfast I was nervous but I really had no issues. The windows to the balcony are double glazed. I was on the top floor and didn't have any noise issues at all. I had friends staying on level 2 also who reported no noise issues. Breakfast is simple compared to some hotels but it was included in the price and I quite enjoyed it seeing as it was free. No complaints there. The view from the roof top pool is stunning and a nice place to chill out if you have the opportunity. Good location right near the beach and shopping along Double Six right on your doorstep. Also nice places to eat around the place! View from the balcony is of a construction site but is of little consequence if you plan on getting out and seeing Bali! One thing I didn't like was that the balcony lights don't turn off at night and there's not light switch to turn them off so if you like to sleep in a dark room that could be an issue. Also the WIFI is a little hit a miss and stopped working on one of the days.

Unfortunately we had a bad checkout experience which kind of ruined the entire experience. The staff seemed organised, they were having computer issues and the manager was quite rude, didn't explain himself very well at all and came across a little aggressive.

Overall, I would stay again for the price. It's in a good location, the rooms are lovely and breakfast is included. What more could you want.

Room Tip: I was on Level 5 and had no noise issues at all!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CourtzC

Dear Ms. CourtzC,

Warmest greetings from Sing Ken Ken Boutique Hotel.
Thank you for your feedback which we will use these issues as our learning. I had checked with our executive housekeeper that the switch of the balcony light is available near the bed side table on the left side however we still have garden light on due to the fact it's only have central switch at present. We are still fixing our wifi connection because we have problem with our old internet routers location. We deeply apologies for our system down on that day and it was made your check out process not smooth as you expected and also I was advised my FOM about unpleasant experience that you have with him which he promised not to do it again. We happy that you were enjoyed shopping a long double six and you have a lot of dining option during your stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your friend back to Sing Ken Ken.

kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We chose this hotel after reading lots and lots of reviews. The Location is fantantastic and there are lots of great places to eat , we found the staff to be really helpful and very welcoming.The hotel is very clean and well appointed , the shower is great lots of hot water . WIFI is free and does drop in and out a bit. Breakfast is very good lots of choices and something a bit different each day . The pool is nice the spa massage was great and cheap .The only down side was the Hotel restaurant at night did not serve any cocktails or wine ...this was explined to us by the general Manager as a problem which was going to be fixed asap. We did eat there any way and the food was a very high standard . So once they get the beverage menu sorted it will be terrific ! That was really our only down point , on what was a great stay . You can also arrange airport transfers with a hotel driver and the cost is very small and i would recommend .

Room Tip: The rooms are all good, we had a standard room and there is double glazing so pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The welcome to the hotel is very nice, make sure you don't turn down the sorbet it's delicious. Breakfast is a little light on for choice, but still very fresh. The only draw back to our entire stay was the fact the Gym doesn't open until 9am which is not very helpful. If the price goes back down we will stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms face the road the building construction, but they only work during the day when you should...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn-coke
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had a week in Bali, which was a very enjoyable experience. We picked the Sing Ken Ken from a list of others, but not knowing exactly where it was situated. It is literally two minutes from the beach and the beach road which is littered with bars and restaurants. The hotel itself is very modern. The bedrooms are very well appointed, with novel window into the bathroom. There is a pull-down blind for privacy.
The swimming pool is on the roof. It is a long one about 4mtrs wide, but must be the cleanest pool I have ever been in. Even with temperatures in the 30's, it was very refreshing.
As with most places you visit there is an amount of building works in the near neighbourhood, but this didn't disturb us at all.
The shops are everywhere when turn right outside the hotel and walk up the road to the main road. Good bargains to had and they lover to barter.

The breakfast choice was very good, the only down side for my lady was getting a boiled egg to her requirements. She eventually got there.
The hotel staff were very friendly, as were almost every one we met in shops and bars etc.

A few things to watch out for,
1. At the airport there is an entry visa make sure you have $20 US although they do take other currencies. But get the visa before you go to the immigration counters.
2. The ATM machines are very temperamental . Good idea to take some cash and not rely too much on finding an ATM which will let go of its money.
3. Watch out for the beach sellers.

Room Tip: There are different types of rooms available, but the one we had was a standard room which was excel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple