“Another great stay....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 78 Speciality Lodging in Legian
Bunbury WA
“Another great stay....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

our family of four just returned from our third stay at Puri Damai. It truly feels like our second home.All the staff are friendly without being in your face with fake pleasantries that you sometimes see at the big 5 star places.
The apartments are lovely and clean , spacious and quiet !! Our only constructive criticism would be that the furniture needs updating. There are daybeds in the TV rooms which should be out on the verandah and the loungerooms need to have a decent sized lounge in them to sit on.All of the chair mats and daybed mattresses also need to be thicker so they are more comfy. In the near future the beds could also do with new mattresses.
Due to availability we had to change rooms twice which was a shame but couldnt be helped. We stayed in Room 9 for one night, room 12 for six then room 11 for the last three. Room 9 is probably my fave.
We have already booked in for next year so we dont miss out.!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bunburygal_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I would like the thank the staff at Puri Damai. Our accommodation was clean, very spacious, location smack in the middle of shops, restaurants and beach. We stayed for 10 days, we occupied a family room for our 4 teenagers and a one bedroom room for my husband and I. The rooms were next to each other so we had our privacy but close enough to keep an eye on the kids. The staff were Wonderful! Thank you for making our family holiday so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Loved it. Rooms were fantastic, clean etc. Staff were Also fantastic, they even walked us to the doctors when our baby was sick. Only downside was the amount of mosquitoes we had in the apartment. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed here in May 2011 for one week. I was staying solo but meeting up with friends, some who stayed here part of the time or at other nearby hotels. The best thing about the Puri Damai is the space, you get an apartment for less than the cost of a hotel. I had an upstairs 1brm apartment, which gives you a bit more privacy and security than downstairs - I was able to leave my surfboards in the living area. I was in an apartment towards the entrance and did get a bit of street noise, so I'll be asking for one towards the back when I return. I really liked the location of Puri Damai, a short walk to the beach down a nearby gang, with lots of restaurants along the beach strip, and plenty of shops nearby. I used the massage place opposite Puri Damai and had a couple of nice relaxing massages. I would recommend Puri Damai for adult travelers who don't want to party at a noisy resort.

Room Tip: Less street noise in rooms at rear.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Holidaybelle6000
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

This is my favourite place to stay in Bali, the best value in Bali with a 5 star location and it is getting harder and harder to book. The staff are brilliant and make you feel right at home so I reluctantly write this review, as I have been promising for years, to thank them. Ayu & Gus, we love your work and really appreciate this little oasis of calm in a busy area. Werkudara is just off Double Six and provides the entire services one would require from laundry, massage, corner store and a great Thai restaurant (Warung Asia – highly recommended) but with the feel of a small village neighbourhood. I have stayed in all 3 room types and prefer the 1 bedroom if travelling alone and the 2 bedroom if travelling with friends. The 2 bedroom 2 storey apartments are very spacious with both lockable air conditioned bedrooms upstairs, each with their own bathroom. Downstairs has a kitchen, 2nd toilet, dining area, lounge area that is all open plan with a more private TV room with a daybed and air conditioning. This is not your Bounty Hotel crowd and recently children have been discouraged which can only increase its appeal. Good value and great staff without the 5 star price tag.

Room Tip: Upstairs 1 Bedroom for a little more privacy
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank RottenRonald
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

This was the third time we stayed in Puri Damai in 2 years time, and we loved every moment of it. Why? The location is perfect, a few hundred metres from the - easy to reach - beach and a lot of restaurants within a few minutes walking distance (and a lot of taxis bringing you easily and cheap to places further away). The place itself has only 8 apartments for 2 people, 4 apartments for 4, and 1 big house for more than 4. So it is a cosy place. Although I read that they don't accept families with young children, there were some (loud talking Australian) kids during our stay. It has a small pool but most of the time "for private use". The rooms on first floor give more privacy. The one bedroom apartment are well designed, with a comfortable bed, a bathroom with rain shower, tv, free wifi, nice lights, and a very nice all fresco living area with a kitchen, sofa, chairs etc. Because our room was not available till the end of our stay, we moved the last few days to the larger apartment for 4 people, which is very spacious (140 sqm) for 2, including an "entertainment room" with tv, dvdplayer etc. The staff working in Puri Damai is nice, friendly and willing to help.
Nothing to complain? Not much at all. Maybe only the fact that the room rate does increase a bit to fast to my opinion, from 58 usd to 69 usd (20% in 1 1/12year) probably due to the high demand. So I should not write all these good things about Puri Damai

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

We haverecently returned frOm a ten day stay at the puri Damai in legian. The villas were recommended to us by a friend who stays here every time and loves it! The staff are so lovely and take great care with your safety especially the security guys - thanks ketut! He explained which taxis to use to avoid being ripped off. Ayu and Gus are very efficient and I found them prompt in replying to my emails and queries. Cannot recommend the puri Damai more highly. Thanks guys great work !

• Stayed April 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Hotel Kumala Pantai
#31 of 84 in Legian
Villa Coco
Villa Coco
#28 of 141 in Seminyak

Been to Puri Damai? Share your experiences!