“Great location”
Review of Garden View Resort

Garden View Resort
Ranked #78 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This hotel is in a great location in the middle of Legian . The superior rooms are the ones to stay in .Very roomy and clean . Only negatives are breakfast is not soo good as others have stated and you only get 1 pillow each and that pillow is quite old and lumpy , otherwise the pool and pool bar and rooms are great and good for the price.

Room Tip: choose a superior or deluxe room , they have been renovated.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I cannot believe all the negative comments about this hotel! We (6) of us have just returned after a 10 day stay. 2 deluxe rooms and 2 superior. Firstly this resort is very very clean, the staff are fantastic. Our rooms where cleaned daily, and yes towels might be a bit old but so are mine at home. The grounds are very well kept, and pretty. The pool bar was always a buzz. Happy hour from 3-5 with music and plenty of atmosphere and cheap! Breakfast was great, not 1 complaint from any of us or any other guest. Made and dedek made it very enjoyable every morning. We have all been to bali many times and we found this to be 1 of the best. If your looking for 5 star then stay elsewhere, but for us it was perfect. And the price was great too. We all booked thru bookings .com no problems at all.

Room Tip: Dont go for standard
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank tazzydevil
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The good things about this hotel
1. If you are in one of the renovated rooms, they are large and nicely furnished with a fridge and flat screen TV as well as a DVD player. The bathroom is very nice.
2. Very friendly, helpful staff - except for one man who was on the desk when we checked in. He was rude and unhelpful - not appreciated after a long trip.
3. The breakfasts are quite good although a bit boring.
4. The gardens are nice and well maintained.
5. The pool area is very nice, with a swim up bar.
6. This hotel is in a very convenient location.
The bad things.
1. The mattresses had no mattress protectors - and our mattress was very stained.
2. The sheets always had stains on them - most of them looked like blood stains.
3. The towels were old. grey and thin.
4. We were in a superior room, $US60 a night and I don't think it was value for money.
5. The cheaper rooms are really horrible.
6. You have to use the air conditioning as there are no fans and the windows can't be opened.
7. The dining room is open sided - and all the motor bikes are parked outside - and the garbage truck comes in to collect the garbage!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms - but don't go there if you like clean linen and mattre...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Scottydancer
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I booked through Agoda which I doubt I would do again...I had low expectations & was totally prepared for things to be of a lower standard...I had booked & paid for 2 superior rooms...at no time for our stay did they have any superior rooms available...we were put into standard rooms which were very dirty...the extra mattress we asked for was not fit for a dog to sleep on...it was full of brown stains...there was bugs in the beds also.
At breakfast in the morning before I could comment on my poached egg tasting of vinegar & being inedible, the 5 year old in the group & the easiest eater said that their eggs were disgusting.
We moved to another hotel that morning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank poplarbear
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed here so that we would be able to afford to do lots of tours. We had a superior room which was not perfect but it was all we needed. We did see one of the standard rooms though and we would not have been happy to stay in that. The superior rooms are bigger and cleaner. If you are the kind of person who likes to spoil yourself on holiday you would probably prefer something else but if you are like us and don't plan on spending much time in the room then it is fine. It is also very close to everything, we just walked everywhere. The beach is very close and there is a great Italian restaurant on the beach. I think it was called Gino's or something. There was red flags, looked like it was part of a hotel. Fabulous food and service! There is another place we went a couple of times, I think it was on Legian Street, can't remember the name but you'll see chairs outsides with water and lights directly underneath the table. We loved this place too. We organised all our tours with Destination Asia. We had Sumantra as our guide. He was fantastic. He spoke really good English, was friendly and helpful. We will actually miss Sumantra.
By the way, sorry about my terrible photography!

Room Tip: Get a superior room rather than a standard.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christiesbeach
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was hesitant about booking with this hotel after reading some bad reviews, but it turned out to be a total winner! Some of the negative comments made here are true to a degree, but seriously if you are expecting a palace at around AUD$50 a night, you are kidding yourself. My biggest concern was cleanliness (being a bit of a germaphobe), and I felt very comfortable in our standard room we stayed in for 15 days. Rooms were cleaned daily and though the sheets had the occasional small questionable mark the room had a general feeling of cleanliness (I’ve stayed in 3 star hotels in Australia that were MUCH worse!). Most staff were lovely and helpful, and were quick to act with any requests we had. The only reason I don’t give this place 5 stars is because of the breakfast...... Give it a miss and go up the road to Bali Bagus. The pool area was great, lovely way to spend a lazy afternoon relaxing poolside with music playing at the swim-up bar.

The biggest downside to the whole holiday was the abundance of whinging and demanding Aussies, so as long as you keep in mind that you are travelling to a 3rd world country and treat the locals with respect and not like servants you won’t have any problems. I recommend this hotel to anyone - couples, families, individuals – it is excellent value for money, in a great location, quiet, and a great place to relax away from the busy Legian streets. Thanks to all the wonderful staff!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank Sandfly12113
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights recently. Booked through Agoda.com before we left. Paid approx $68 plus tax for the night which when you get to Bali/Kuta is really expensive for what it was.
Tried to book an airport trasnfer with them but when I rang from Australia prior to leaving they didnt pick up the phone and then didnt understand what I was talking about, so just gave up in the end and had to pay 15 bucks to get a cab.
Travelled with my Boyfiend and 2 of his mates, whilst the 2 bedroom apartment was spacious and well equipped, the bathroom had the worst sewerage smell, had to buy incense to cover it up. Good shower though.
We were entitled to free breakfast but after one breakfast went down the street and bought something elsewhere, was ok just not up to my standards.
pool and Pool bar are lovely and one of the best that we saw
Probably wouldnt stay here again - too overpriced for what it is.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends