“Spacious gardens and rooms in central Legian”

Three Brothers Bungalows
Ranked #53 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Melbourne
“Spacious gardens and rooms in central Legian”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This is a favourite hotel of ours in Bali. Located in central Legian, only 5 mins walk to beach, but has a good sized pool in very spacious gardens. Most rooms are arranged in traditional bungalow style with 2 upper and 2 lower rooms. Some family rooms are 2 storey, but we had two upper rooms that had an adjoining balcony. We chose the Deluxe rooms which provided a very spacious bedroom with good bed, AC, TV, fridge and a huge bathroom that was beautifully set out with pebbles and stepping stones! Quite novel. All very clean and serviced daily. There are a range of rooms here from non AC to large suites, but deluxe suited us fine and were great value for money. Downsides? No WiFi, very limited basic breakfast. Upsides? Good security, renovated rooms (more being done now), spacious gardens, good pool, central location, great price.

Room Tip: Don't get conned by the taxi touts out the front, hail a metered taxi for local transport (Airpo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ray_R0b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 nights there and was great!
The room is adorable. Looks like balinese house! Very clean everyday.
The bathroom was the best part for me! Amazing!!!!
Nice pool. U can rent a motobike in the same corner of the hotel. Only the breakfast is little poor.
I had no free wifi.
Price is better then in ubud.
If you take a scooter you can have lots of fun. I dunno without car or scooter how can u move in bali.
Very close to the beach. I love it.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Indiasey
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I don't like my room in this hotel - it was very dark and sad, and it need to repare. But staff is polite, and the hotel area is nice - like an abandoned ancient park, many trees, small pond with koi-fishes.
Swimming pool for me was perfect - big, clean and good looking.

Room Tip: Room 8a very dark and poor looking
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda_Meier
Three B, Front Office Manager at Three Brothers Bungalows, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Erika S,
Thank you for your comment for us, and we are very sorry about that. The room you have been stayed is standard room.
We already did renovation with that room as like we doing the repainted and more shining at this time.

Just for information, our restaurant and main pool is very beutiful right know.
We did a renovation for that.

We hope you to stay at our bungalows again, and enjoy our facilities.

Best Regards,
Pradana Wicaksana

Travellers are raving about these Legian hotels

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Just returned from Bali today. My first few days were spent in less than satisfactory conditions and then we moved to Three Brothers for 9 nites.
I have walked passed this property for years and never ventured in, what a surprise awaits through the entrance. Its paradise, i thought I was in heaven. Quiet, tranquil, beautiful, spacious and friendly are just a few words that come to mind. The pool is amazing and towels are provided. Staff very friendly and helpful always offer a smile and hello. The property offers a wide range of rooms at extremely reasonable rates. It is central to eveything with lots of cheap cafes and supermarkets just outside. The Bintang Centre is about 2klm for the organised traveller (buying goods for the duration of trip).My stay here has been perfect, I cannot complain about anything. My flight was cancelled and they accomodated us straight away asking if they could be of any assistance with reconfirmng travel arrangements. I have recommended this property to a friend who has booked two standard A/C rooms and I have rebooked for december - cant wait to share this review with others. I cannot believe the review written by Lori I she must be difficult to please.

Room Tip: Staff were happy to show all rooms so we could choose which suited us best.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LeaGoodwin
Melbourne
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We have stayed at Three Brothers many times over the past 30-odd years and we still love it. The rooms are very variable though - we stayed in a superior fan room (we prefer fan to aircon) this time and the room is really pretty run down. We've decided we need to upgrade to a deluxe fan next time and inspected a couple of these which look very nice. It was extremely quiet when we stayed this time, the pool was closed for renovations as was the restaurant. However breakfast was served outside in the gardens which was actually much nicer than in the roadside restaurant. The big attraction of this property is in the lovely gardens with the bungalows quite secluded within the gardens. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you prefer fan cooled rooms go for the deluxe option.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelbournePoppy023
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have stayed here a couple times over the past couple years and it is always amazing, and the grounds are beautiful. The new pool looks like it will make it even greater. The staff is super friendly and will bend over backwards to help.I will definitely be staying here in the future.

• Stayed November 2012
Grover Beach, California
Reviewed 17 November 2012

When we arrived to the island by boat. We were met by a hotel staff person who hurried us to the hotel. We were told the room was deluxe and included all amenities. Once in the room we discovered the airconditioning did not work, the wifi was unavailable, and did not have hot water. I went to the front desk to complain and informed them that I wanted my money back. That the room was unsuitable. The staff informed me they would only refund a portion, because of the cleaning expense. We were in the room for maybe 10 minutes. I was outraged! I went to the island security to see if they could help me get my full refund and was told it was impossible for them to help me. On my way back to the room i passed the front desk and the staff member looked at me and said " There is more than one way to skin a cat " The whole experience was disturbing on so many levels,I am unable to give this hotel a good recommendation. However, if you enjoy nightmares this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lori l
Three B, Front Office Manager at Three Brothers Bungalows, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Lori I, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We are very sorry if you felt unpleasant, your comments has been forward to our related department.

Just to remind you that problem have been solved and hope to not happen again.
We will monitor and keep improving our standard service.

We sincerely hope to accommodate you again at three brothers bungalows and enjoying our facilities.

Best Regards,