We stayed for only one night in the Abalone Resort and were disappointed after having read predominantly postitive ratings on TripAdvisor before.
Here is why:
- The location is in the middle of nowhere - this is by no means the fault of hotel management, however: Other hotels on Bali have successfully taken advantage of their remote location to create a virginity-like, paradisiac atmosphere - not so much here.
- In most areas, the resort seems uncared for - withered plants, ants everywhere (esp. by the pool), trash lying around, childrens toys being stored in the (dirty) toilet by the pool bar.
- Staff was not unfriendly but somewhat lethargic. For example, lights were switched off in the restaurant while we had not even finished drinks - this was around 8.30 pm...even before it seemed like they were drooling for the last guests to finally leave so they can go home
- Room was ok, but bathroom was not well-maintained - and I actually don´t like cheap shampoo bottles from the supermarket in hotel rooms - at least refill it to a neutral container...
- The small beach right in front of the hotel is very rocky (not the hotel´s fault) and there´s trash lying around everywhere (this could actually be taken care of by some of the staff that is, for the most time, sitting around by the bar, without having anything to do).
Food in the restaurant was good but not better than in any other average Warung on Bali.
Overall, we would not stay there again. For both those seeking for recreation far off from civilization or a nice hotel as basis for daytrips/adventures on Bali, there are numerous better maintained options in nicer locations at similar prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abalone Resort, on the Balina beach, is located between Padang Bai (Ferry Harbor) and Candidasa (6 Km).Our place is a quiet place with big garden to the sea and pool.All 3 Bungalow (Traditional) have sea-and garden view.The Studio,modern, have 2 sleeping room, TV kitchenette, Balcony, sea front.WiFi.We arrange: Car Tours,Diving,Trekking and Pick up from Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Abalone Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abalone Resort Manggis, Bali