“Very Good value for money !”
Review of Alila Manggis

Alila Manggis
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Manggis
Paris, France
“Very Good value for money !”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed only one night, and enjoyed it very much. We had a room with sea and swimling pool view, it is not top luxury but very good for the price !

The restaurant was very good, and the breakfast delicious . I recommand to go early for breakfast in order to have the few tables overlooking the sea.

The staff is very polite and helpfull. We also enjoyed the SPA, particularily the outdoor spa rooms where you could hear the beach waves, very relaxing experience.

Be advised that there is almost no sand in the beach ... But the swimming pool is very good.

The activities proposed by the hotel are numerous and very original. If you want to make a surprise to your wife, they have plenty of suggestions (exemple : breakfast in a private island, with flowers and champagne).

There are very few nice hotels in this area of Bali, and I highly recommand the Alila !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth Western Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Alila is perfect for unwinding with little to do but enjoy the views, the food (breakfast here is excellent) and activities the hotel provides. Some of the rooms are looking a little tired since our last visit, but we were told there are updates scheduled to improve the rooms. We would definitely come back again. Try the beach room spa, lovely!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeavemeinBali
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and glad it was for only 2 nights. This place certainly won't give you a feel of staying in Bali, as it has no soul. I like to stay in accommodation that reflects the country or area I'm in but several times I thought I could be anywhere in the world. The staff are helpful, if not a little overbearing at times. When checking in, I asked about Snorkeling trips and the price was extortionate! I'd suggest getting the shuttle bus in to candi dasa and arranging something with one of the locals to take you, was under half the price of what the hotel quoted me. We used the restaurant for breakfast only and travelled in to nearby candi dasa for dinner. Much better value for money compared to the ridiculously overpriced hotel restaurant. The room was ok but totally lacked privacy. The only way you can get privacy is to shut the big wooden doors, which block out any light coming in to your room. As suggested, this hotel is fine for people that want everything done for them and have more money than sense. This was quite easily the worst hotel for atmosphere and charm out of the six I stayed in. If, like me, you prefer something with character and dont mind going out and doing your own thing, don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2011
Maennedorf, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at Alila Manggis and enjoyed every minute of it. The stunning location, simply beautiful architectur and the always helpful, friendly employees make it a class of its one. Specially we like to highlight the most enjoyable cooking class with chef I Nyoman Santika who shared with us some of his knowledge about Balinese cuisine. Also we appreciated very much the effort that the Alila Management makes" behind the scene" on sustainability, eco-friendliness and the educative manner how it is extended to the village Manggis. We would like to thank all of the Alila staff membres and the management for pampering us and make our stay memorable! We hope to be back in due time!
P.S. great service from a membre of Alila-staff at the airport before take-off and: most professional blow-dryer we'ver e v e r came across in a hotel room!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed here for a 4 night stay in July. I had a great time here and although there were quiet a few things that went wrong with my room etc..I have to say management bent over backwards to amend everything. I wasn't expecting anything extra to be given to me because overall I really loved this place and felt bad complaining, but I was given a fabulous free massage and dinner. So thank you Alila.
The pool here is brilliant and outlook is stunning. The open air dining area is beautiful and i loved my room. Some have complained about the smallness but for a solo traveller I found it perfect. The massage pavillion near the sea is just gorgeous and it is divine to have a massage whilst listening to the waves. I went on a fantastic day tour which was really well priced and covered a huge amount of fascinating places. Water palaces, Tenganan etc...I just loved it. The staff at Alila were all so friendly and professional.
Candidasa is tiny and pretty quiet, not very pretty, so it is great to use as a base for some incredibly interesting sights further afield. Our tour guide from Alila was very knowledgable and really helpful. Over all I loved my stay. They do need to extend their movie channels. Would have loved to watch a good movie every now and then without having to pay for a DVD player to be put in my room!!! Also, not much for the kids. Also, a little pricey around the pool for food etc...
Aside from all of that, it's great.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife & I travel extensively, but were completely wowed by the exceptional service at Alila Manggis. On being told that our luggage had been lost by the airline, the front desk not only provided us with basic necessities such as dental kit, shaving kit, bedroom slippers, bathrobes and mobile phone charger but the Resident Manager personally took us to the hotel boutique and offered us complimentary change in clothing; I picked up a Polo-shirt & my wife a beautiful sarong! The front desk also co-ordinated with our airline and collected our luggage from the airport the next day and delivered it prior to when it was promised to be delivered by the airline. The personalised & friendly service by each member of the staff and management won us over. Also exceptional was the Chef who came to greet us and advice us on our choice of menu at dinner in the restaurant. The hotel is beautiful with gorgeous views overlooking the sea, but what makes Alila Manggis extra-ordinary are the people. A big thank you to the Resident Manager & the entire team for making our visit to Bali worth so much more. We hope to be back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Den Haag
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This is a nicely beachfront located resort hotel. The rooms are basic but have all you need. Large garden and pool area, with a pool gard supervising the use of all beds: guests leaving are noticed by him, quickly changing the towels, so no 'reservation' of poolbeds.

The restaurant is the best reason to stay here, so is the cooking class, whe my wife and me got all the attention of the chef himself learning to make a great nasi goreng with sate ayam and some side dishes: fantastic!

We had an amazing 1 hour mountainbike trip which sadly started and ended with a trip along the busy main road, otherwise riding through magnificant rice paddies, lush hills and villages. Mountainbikes are well maintained with well functioning brakes, beeing no luxury at the steep hills.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Oldenhaag
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manggis
Candi Beach Resort & Spa
Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa
Alila Ubud
Alila Ubud
#4 of 10 in Payangan

Been to Alila Manggis? Share your experiences!