“Excellent German food & friendly service”

Rheinland Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent German food & friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Just down the street from the ticket & information center for the Harry Truman Home, this restaurant serves excellent German fare, with a wide range of familiar dishes. With friendly service, it was obvious that this restaurant is a favorite with local residents. As tourists, we felt lucky to have chosen it for lunch.

• Visited May 2013

Redmond, Oregon
“Good German Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

The food here was good German fare. We lived in Germany for two years so we recognize good German food. We had the schnitzel and it was excellent. I recommend this restaurant.

Visited April 2013
“Authentically good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

I don't know if it is authentic German food but it is always authentically good food. I think their prices are a little high ($3.25 for a glass of tea) but the food, service and atmosphere make up for it.

• Visited April 2013
Shawnee, Kansas
“Genuine German”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

There are not too many German restuarants in the area so having one that is genuine and very good at the same time is a plus. I have tried just about everything on the lunch menu and have never been disapointed. The dinner menu is very complete and I am working my way through it!
They are experts at pulling a good draft of beer.

• Visited March 2013
Liberty, Missouri
“Always five stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I felt bad after realizing when I last reviewed the Rhineland I accidentally rated it four stars, not five. That needs to be fixed. It really is a great place to eat German and one of the few spots for that in the KC area.
I love the sauerbraten and spaetzle but my husband is crazy for the variety of weiners and sauerkraut. Whatever, you can't go wrong.

• Visited January 2013