“Destroyed Lunches”

Ranked #21 of 263 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Come and enjoy a unique dining experience at Islamorada Fish Company where you can enjoy a 10,500 gallon saltwater aquarium or the 12 ft. fireplace. During warm weather you can sit outside in our 125 seat patio overlooking an 18 acre lake. If you are looking to book a private party we have banquet rooms that seat 35 and 75 people. Islamorada Fish Company serves a variety of foods including seafood, steaks, chicken and delicious desserts.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our group wanted to eat outside, but the waitress told us that the manager said it was too chilly--We chose this restaurant, so we could sit outside, eat lunch and admire the view. The large aquarium inside had a leak, so it was covered up--so much for any view. When our lunch was served--two of the lunches went on the floor and on the shoes of one of our group. My lunch went on the floor, and I watched my friends eat. The manger never indicated to me that he was sorry about the incident, but added an 18% tip to my bill. Under the circumstances, I should have received an apology and refund of my meal, or at least offered an appetizer to eat while I waited for my meal. My food was pretty good, but many in our group did not like the potato salad.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is exactly what I was hoping to find. Different food and great prices. My wife had a mahi wrap and she loved it. This place was awesome and has an awesome nature view. I can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

On a recent Wednesday we joined a group of 12 friends for a fun luncheon experience at the Islamorada Fish Company, the in-store restaurant of the Independence, MO, BassPro. In addition to great, attentive service and seating of our group with wonderful views of the hunting and fishing décor, we enjoyed some of the most beautifully prepared and tasteful fresh seafood that I can recall here in the KC area. Of course we are in mid-America, but the Grilled Tilapia was delicious! Other members of our group also raved about their selections. If you are close to the intersection of Interstates 70 and 435, this is the place to stop for lunch!!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Sunday night must be a slow night. Very few people in the restaurant. But it gave the servers time to talk amongst themselves. We could see the kitchen and watched for 15 minutes while our food set under the hot lights....Of course we had waited 30 minutes for our meal. We watched the servers feel the broccoli and throw it away because it was cold. The put on new veggies, and brought the food.

Too bad the rest of the meal was cold. I think my grouper dish might have really been good, if it hadn't been cold. Tried to get server's attention, but he was unavailable.

Sad...great atmosphere and potential for maybe a great meal.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have ate at this location several times. We love the Bimini bread that they bring out for your appetizer. (They also serve other appetizers.)

I don't eat fish, but my husband will eat catfish. He enjoys the catfish and the onion rings a lot. I get the hamburger. It fills you up for sure! When we visited this past weekend we had another person in our party and she got the cajun chicken with pasta. She said it was very good and very filling!

Our service was awesome! She didn't even blink when our son started putting food on the floor---he's 11 months and he is at that stage. She joked with us after I profusely apologized. She wasn't upset at all. That meant a lot.

I love that you can use your Bass Pro Shops gift card to pay for your meal as well. We love looking at the tank of fish in the restaurant (by the bar),

If you are out shopping & get that hunger pain in your tummy, you can't go wrong eating here!