“What an interesting place!”

Leila's Hair Museum
Ranked #15 of 45 things to do in Independence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: What's so unusual about this museum that displays antique jewelry and pictures? All items are made of human hair and are authentic antiques at least one hundred years old.
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My friend and I went on an excursion looking for oddities and unusual attractions. Of course, Leila's Hair Museum was on our list. We were not disappointed. It was fascinating--so many, many creations fashioned from hair. We were quite amazed. The descriptions and the displays were good and informative with plenty of historical data to support the craft and its era. We would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys history, culture, and handicrafts.

1  Thank GeneA956

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is really crazy cool! Take your kids for a day trip! Our tour guide was great and we got to meet Leila.

Reviewed 9 September 2008

I enjoy seeing some of the different sights, and my visit to Leila's Hair Museum was one of my favorites! She has incredibly unique framed hair wreaths, with some of the family history and ages on them.

Leila knows more about these "hair art" pieces than anyone at the Smithsonian, that's for sure!

Don't miss it!