“Website Pictures Don't Do This Place Justice”

Albonee Country Inn and Vineyards
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Independence
Albonee Country Inn and Vineyards
Ranked #5 of 6 Independence B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Kansas
“Website Pictures Don't Do This Place Justice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I will admit I had my concerns when I booked a room at this place. The woman over the phone didn't take any credit card info and never told me what time check-in was or if we got a wine tasting once we checked-in. The pictures on the website looked old and outdated which made me think the Inn would be the exact same way, however we were pleasantly surprised by our accommodations! My husband and I stayed at the Inn last weekend. As we were the only people staying there we had our choice of the rooms so we booked the master suite which is the largest and has it's own bathroom. The house was gorgeously remodeled as one of the owners did all the wood work himself. The Inn itself only has 3 rooms on the first floor, one of the rooms has the bathroom across the hallway. The kitchen is upstairs as well as a seating area and huge balcony overlooking the winery. The owners live up the hill next to the Inn and brought breakfast to us already cooked. There was an excellent selection, my husband and I didn't need to eat again until dinner. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Serenity S

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This B and B by all standards is exceptional. My wife and I have stayed in many B and B's throughout the country and this ranks exceptionally high on the list. Albonee has many great attributes. The breakfast was very good. The hosts were very accommodating and friendly. They both prepared our breakfast in the kitchen as we visited with them. They run a winery, which is almost connected to the B and B. The wine is quite good, also. There must be many people who agree with me, because we have spent several weekends at Albonee and the winery is very busy. The location is what is on the top of the list. Albonee sets on 25 acres, which includes the vineyards, and it is virtually secluded from any built up areas. It sets high on a hill and looks out over one portion of the vineyard, next to a small pond, and into the Blue River Valley. A person would be very hard pressed to find a more beautiful spot in this part of the country and so close to a major urban area. I have only one complaint about the Band B. We have stayed there a couple of times and the hosts are very hard to contact to make a reservation. We attempted numerous phone calls and emails with little success. But we love the place so much that we are persistent and eventually get through. And, honestly, if we weren't so endured to the place we would never be so persistent.

Room Tip: I recommend the room with a private bath.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David E
Olathe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had a great time. The room was very comfortable and the host was very cordial. The breakfast was very delicious. The small winery next door to the B&B had a nice selection of Missouri wines. Deceivingly close to downtown Independence and I-70.

• Stayed July 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

Wine is good but if you want to book an event they say yes we do weddings. Discuss date told date was booked. Was asked to send an email and she said she would check her calander and sent a contract never got a response 48 hours later. While there felt as if I was not welcome to have a ceremony there. Kept being told of other locations. Had my heart set on this location but was pushed away by the response or lack of. Very rude and disrespectful in regards to hosting a wedding. Don't give a price then push customer away.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
New Lenox, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

We stayed two nights at Albonee during a trip to Independence and Kansas City. Al and Bonnie were truly outstanding hosts!
The property is east of Independence, MO in a quiet, scenic setting overlooking their vineyard. There are a total of three rooms - two share a bath and one is a suite with its own bath. All are exceptionally clean and nicely decorated. Al and Bonnie were happy to show us their vineyard and let us sample their wines. The Bed and Breakfast includes a beautiful deck overlooking the vineyard and a comfortable living area. The hosts live close by in a different house. We were treated to a tasty cheese tray each evening and wonderful ample breakfasts featuring eggs, meat, fresh fruit and beverages. The prices were very reasonable for the excellent service and beautiful setting. We have stayed at many Bed and Breakfasts throughout the U.S. and in Europe. This is undoubtedly one of the nicest we have every visited, and we hope to return! The Albonee web site is well presented and offers many helpful links for planning a trip to the area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank versavendre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Inn on Crescent Lake
Inn on Crescent Lake
#1 of 2 in Excelsior Springs
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City

Been to Albonee Country Inn and Vineyards? Share your experiences!