“Hotel didn't want to give me my points”

Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The property was nice. However, the hotel being a independent franchise of Holiday Inn pulled a trick that I have never seen in all my years of travel.

I check in a day early for a 2 night trip. The next morning, I told the service staff that I did not need room service. I left and came back in 20 minutes to be met by the service staff who told me that I was not suppose to be checked in the room. I went to the front desk and was informed that somehow the system has me a "No Show" and that I was being billed for it. No big I stayed in the room anyway. The next morning, I got my bill and the total was correct for 2 nights but it stall said "No Show" on the bill.

A few days later I looked on the Holiday Inn web site to check the point balance. As a Platinum member of Holiday Inn, I always check for errors. Well, I was not credited for the one one the hotel said I was a no show. I called the service desk for Holiday inn and the service desk called the hotel to check this out. Staybridge told the service desk that I didn't check in and I was a no show. The hotel even LIED about signed check in record.

Holiday Inn was kind enough to credit me my points plus some extra for my aggravations. Bottom line, independent owners have to pay for the points given members and this hotel did not want to pay for points.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jim s
LChapman511, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Valued Platinum Guest,

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you had encountered. I feel that there may have been some miscommunication regarding your points and an error made on our part regarding your billing. Most importantly, I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff. I will certainly look into what had occurred at check in, and address or train the team member(s) responsible. Regarding your PC Points, we not only know how important points are to our guests, but feel that our loyalty program would not be as successful as it is without guests like you. In efforts to make this up to you, please contact me at the hotel directly and I will be happy to review your account. Again, we value your feedback and hope to see you again in the future! I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Lindsay Chapman
816.994.2700
LChapman@noblehospitality.com

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed one night while going to a KC Royals game. Very nice and clean property. Sink outside bath/toilet room is good design. Breakfast was pretty good - my wife liked that they had bacon (where many other places have only sausage). It sits down below the main road and has small signage on the side of the building so we almost drove by. (I must have put something wrong in the GPS because it didn't help.)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are sometimes hard to find with specific GPS apps, but once you do arrive we make it our focus for you to enjoy your stay! For future travelers, we are located right across from Centerpoint Hospital and Independence Center Mall, between Sonic and Logan's Roadhouse on Jackson Drive. We're so happy that you chose to stay with us while seeing our favorite team play! We hope the convenience of being only 10 minutes away from Kauffman Stadium and by tens of restaurants helped you enjoy your stay even more. We hope to see you again soon! Go Royals!!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

A Staybridge guest lets their dog hangout in the guest's dining room most evenings and weekends. When the dog is not eating from its water and food dishes in the dining room, it feasts on people food from the guest's tables. This dog roams freely around the pool courtyard without the owner. Staybridge staff is aware of dog situation. Too bad since the Staybridge is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank James K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our facility, as well as taking the time to write a review. We wish for all of our guests to experience a wonderful stay! Our pet policy that is signed at check in specifically states for guests with pets to not bring them in the common areas, this includes the great room and pool area. I am terribly sorry that a member of our team did not address this while it was happening. If this is to ever happen again, please know that we do have a very responsive staff that truly cares about your comfort and safety & will address immediately if brought to our attention. Staybridge Suites is a fantastic brand and we truly hope to make it your home away from home when in the Kansas City area.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

My son moved into this hotel a week ago and has found it to be a wonderful place. I reserved a room last Saturday night (5/18/13) for my Grandson's graduation that evening and totally agree with his assessment of it. The staff are all wonderful, the rooms and amenities exceptional, including the food! I traveled a great deal in my work before I retired and never stayed in any place that even came close to how great this hotel is! A GREAT place to stay!

Room Tip: Don't think it matters where your room is.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was the first time that I had the chance to stay at a Staybridge Suites Hotel. Very friendly people and excellent service. Room was perfect and the breakfast was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed in a spacious one bedroom suite that was clean, well equipped in the kitchen, and close to amenities. The breakfast included a variety of selections, fitness area contained basic equipment (could use a fan in this room) but met my needs. I would stay at this place again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed for only 1 night in order to be close to the mall for a family meeting the next day. It is less than a mile away from many ammenities. The hotel is in a newer, safe area. The room was super clean. I always do a hard check of cleanliness in hotel rooms as I have young children who touch everything. I didn't see 1 hair - not one in the entire room. That is rare! The breakfast was excellent. Many choices. Only downside was a soda machine was out of order. BTW, the room looked very similiar to the Hampton Inns we have stayed at.

Room Tip: 116 was a nice clean room facing the court yard and view of the huge hot tub and swimming pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family