“Very Good, Comfortable REsidence Inn”

Residence Inn Kansas City Independence
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Lakeway, Texas
“Very Good, Comfortable REsidence Inn”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We spent one night at the Marriott's Residence Inn, Independence, MO. We arrived mid-afternoon and was warmly greeted at the front desk. Check in was quick and the room was clean and comfortable.
This Inn is located behind a Fairfiled Inn and not easy to find if you do not have directions. We use the gps on our cell phone and had no problems.
The morning breakfast was very good with a open and roomy layout. Food was above average for a Residence Inn. The attendant was always on duty and helpful.
We would stay at this Residence Inn if the opportunity comes again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnDMD, Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
We truly appreciate taking the time to review your stay with us. We also appreciate you noting how our location is set off of the busy roads in Independence,offering a quiet place to rest your head. The nexttime you pass through, visit Independence Mall, which is right across the street from our hotel. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I got here late and left early, but was impressed with the hotel. Nice big rooms. The front desk was friendly on check-in. A good selection for breakfast. I would stay here again and recommend it to others. I didn't have any trouble finding the hotel, but it does sit behind the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vickere
ResidenceInnDMD, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
While it as a short stay, we are thrilled that it was a good stay! Our full, hot buffet breakfast is one reason why people love staying at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel!
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I am a member of the Marriott Rewards program so that is why I chose this property.
it is difficult to find. I drove up and down 39th Street looking for the turn off when I saw a sign for the Fairfield Inn. I turned there figuring that they could direct me and there it was, right next door. The young man checking me in commiserated with me agreeing that it is not well marked.
The air conditioner in the first room I had rattled so I requested another room which was happily reassigned. The desk clerk explained that they had just changed air filters and the furnace door may not have been tightly closed.
The area the hotel is located in has several restaurants and shopping areas. The desk clerk made a few suggestions for dining which were good.
The breakfast was good but the area filled up fast and some people had to sit in the adjoining meeting room.
My door jam did not have a strike plate, just a hole in the wood. I called down to the front desk and they said someone would check it the next day but it was not fixed. I figured that the locked door would be secure but just in case I but the desk chair in front of it while I was in the room.
Overall it was a good stay and the location being adjacent to major highways made coming and goings easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lower room number. They are closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. While our hotel is located off the 39th Street and I-291 exit, and is located off the road, we find that many people do appreciate how our location allows for a quiet, comortable sleep. We appreciate your diligence in finding us! :) We hope to see you the next time you travel through the Independence area.
Rockford, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The Residence Inn in Independence was an absolutely great place to stay. Clean, comfortable suites, great breakfast variety and a staff that was helpful and delightful. Will definetely stay there again.

Room Tip: One note, ask for a room away from the pool/courtyard. Fan was very noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
De Soto, Missouri
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We were extremely unhappy with our stay. The walls were literally falling apart at the seams (See the uploaded photos), the bed was so cheap and old that when my husband and I laid down we rolled to the middle. The pull out sofa bed was about 3" thick with stains all over. When I got out the mattress cover it was covered in hair. Then, when we requested more blankets we were told we could only have 1 blanket and some extra sheets because they didn't have any more blankets, meaning one person in our party had to cover up with nothing but sheets.
The breakfast was just okay, location nice, and the pool was clean. However none of that was worth the stay and I will never stay here again. There are plenty of other hotels in the area for the same price or just a little more that would be better than this one. I have no idea how it has gotten any good reviews.
I will say that when I told the receptionist about these issues he was very apologetic, took notes, and offered us a partial refund. I appreciated his concern.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 70toes
Tanya F, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry your stay with us was not problem free. Our goal is to always make sure each guest feels welcomed and cared for. We have made maintenance aware of the drywall and have refreshed the front desk training to make sure they handle supplying extra blankets/linens efficiently. I am happy to hear your suggestions were heard at check out and we attempted to ease the situation with a discount.

When you are in the area please come again and let us show you these issues have been resolved and you experience a wonderful stay.
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Our baseball team stayed here for a week over the summer, and it was wonderful! The rooms are very nice, spacious and super clean. The free breakfast in the morning was terrific and varied each morning which was nice. Monday through Thursday they also had free dinner. The nights we were there they had burgers, tacos, Italian, salad and cookies. So while you may pay a little more for the room, you really save $ by not having to eat out.

The hotel is beautiful. The lobby area has several comfy places to hang out, a big screen tv and several computers.

The only negative I have is the pool. It is indoors and very loud!!! I could hardly stand to be in there due to the noise. Everything echoes. So go to the pool when there aren't many kids in there. They have a basketball court too so just encourage your kids to play basketball when the pool gets loud.

All in all, we absolutely LOVED this hotel and will definitely visit again if we're in the area!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Emuagd
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 February 2013

have stayed here 5 days rooms are more like an apt, staff friendly and helpful,close to mall and great restaurants,the breakfast has large variety of foods ,hot cold cereral, waffles, eggs usually 2 different choices,evening meal is great saves money and food is good ,just wish was all week not just mon-thur,definately a good choice when in area.i like soft beds theres are great.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business