“Very nice hotel.”

Residence Inn Kansas City Independence
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during a campus visit nearby. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, they even provided menus for nearby food delivery places, and made copies of school papers. My room was very clean, and I loved that it was a suite so I could close off the sleeping area when others came to visit. One thing that made me a bit sad was that the texture on the bottom of the bath tub was so rough it was uncomfortable; if I can't soak in the tub, then make it a shower. I was also a bit disappointed that there was no hot tub to relax in, and the evening "reception" was unimpressive (very small selection and no alcoholic beverages like a popular competitor) and was only available for 2 of the nights I was there (it's only available 3 nights a week, at least during the timeframe I visited).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ResidenceInnDMD, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your thoughts of your stay with us, especially about our manager's reception. While we dont have a hot tub, our heated, indoor pool allows our guests to swim year round. Please join us again the next time you are in the area, and have safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Kansas City Independence

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Every staff member was amazing! The room was very nice and wonderful layout! The breakfast was good. I would highly recommend this for anyone needed a place to stay in the Independence or Eastern Kansas City area!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ResidenceInnDMD, Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on having the staff in the Kansas City area, and appreciate you sharing your thoughts with Trip Advisor. Safe travels!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We only stayed one night as we traveled on a cross country road trip, but we were overall very happy. I was welcomed by a very friendly young lady at the front desk. She recognized my Marriott Rewards "Elite" status right away, was chatty but not too much, and overall made a great first impression.

The room was clean and nice, just did not have the newer Residence Inn updated furniture and trim yet. The price was fair, too. All in all a good choice if you want a decent room, great service and a fair price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dougandkath

Thank you for recognizing our front desk staff! We shared your comments with her and it made her day. We try to be the best value for hotel rooms in the Kansas City and Independence area, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We spent one night at the Marriott's Residence Inn, Independence, MO. We arrived mid-afternoon and was warmly greeted at the front desk. Check in was quick and the room was clean and comfortable.
This Inn is located behind a Fairfiled Inn and not easy to find if you do not have directions. We use the gps on our cell phone and had no problems.
The morning breakfast was very good with a open and roomy layout. Food was above average for a Residence Inn. The attendant was always on duty and helpful.
We would stay at this Residence Inn if the opportunity comes again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We truly appreciate taking the time to review your stay with us. We also appreciate you noting how our location is set off of the busy roads in Independence,offering a quiet place to rest your head. The nexttime you pass through, visit Independence Mall, which is right across the street from our hotel. Thank you!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I got here late and left early, but was impressed with the hotel. Nice big rooms. The front desk was friendly on check-in. A good selection for breakfast. I would stay here again and recommend it to others. I didn't have any trouble finding the hotel, but it does sit behind the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank vickere
ResidenceInnDMD, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

While it as a short stay, we are thrilled that it was a good stay! Our full, hot buffet breakfast is one reason why people love staying at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I am a member of the Marriott Rewards program so that is why I chose this property.
it is difficult to find. I drove up and down 39th Street looking for the turn off when I saw a sign for the Fairfield Inn. I turned there figuring that they could direct me and there it was, right next door. The young man checking me in commiserated with me agreeing that it is not well marked.
The air conditioner in the first room I had rattled so I requested another room which was happily reassigned. The desk clerk explained that they had just changed air filters and the furnace door may not have been tightly closed.
The area the hotel is located in has several restaurants and shopping areas. The desk clerk made a few suggestions for dining which were good.
The breakfast was good but the area filled up fast and some people had to sit in the adjoining meeting room.
My door jam did not have a strike plate, just a hole in the wood. I called down to the front desk and they said someone would check it the next day but it was not fixed. I figured that the locked door would be secure but just in case I but the desk chair in front of it while I was in the room.
Overall it was a good stay and the location being adjacent to major highways made coming and goings easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lower room number. They are closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. While our hotel is located off the 39th Street and I-291 exit, and is located off the road, we find that many people do appreciate how our location allows for a quiet, comortable sleep. We appreciate your diligence in finding us! :) We hope to see you the next time you travel through the Independence area.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

The Residence Inn in Independence was an absolutely great place to stay. Clean, comfortable suites, great breakfast variety and a staff that was helpful and delightful. Will definetely stay there again.

Room Tip: One note, ask for a room away from the pool/courtyard. Fan was very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family