“Very nice suites.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Belleville, Illinois
“Very nice suites.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

All the family stayed here for a funeral in the area. The rooms were awesome. They were very clean & spacious. We had a separate bedroom, full kitchen (we only used the fridge), living room with sofa sleeper, desk (free wifi). I did have to have someone come & get me connected. There is a TV in bedroom & living room. It was the same price for the suite with the separate bedroom as the one where the bedroom is in the same room as everything else but they are nice too. The pool was great. I wish they would have had a hot tub though. The breakfast was great. There were scrambled eggs every morning with potatoes & sausage. On Sunday morning they had the best sausage gravy to put on biscuits. Their was so much other foods (waffels, pastries, etc.). The staff were very nice. There is a nice patio with a grill.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzann47
WSwanMCIAR, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Good Morning & Thank You for your recent review! We are glad you enjoyed our "Awesome" suites! It is great to see when our guests are able to utilize our facility to its fullest and enjoy each of our numerous amenities. Should you return to the area, we would love to have you choose the Residence Inn in Independence again! Thank you for your comments and have a Fantastic week!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Overall, a decent stay here-- well located to the interstate, and otherwise fairly representative of Residence Inn quality, with two exceptions. First, the manager's reception (complimentary dinner) was of poor quality-- beef tacos, but the filling was unappetizing, and the taco shell was stale and hard to chew. Difficult to make dinner out of this. The second complaint is that upon returning to the property later at night, we found every single parking spot (both at this property and at the neighboring Fairfield Inn) to be full. The front desk guy at that point allowed us to park in an accessible spot, but the experience was still an annoyance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SaintLouisTraveller
WSwanMCIAR, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Good Afternoon and Thank You for your review! I have shared your comments with our kitchen staff and they have vowed to make sure to check on food quality in the future. Taco Night is typically a huge hit for our guests and one of our extended stay guests favorites!
The parimeter of the hotel is surrounded by parking spaces. I certainly do understand that circling the lot trying to find a spot to park, especially late at night, can be a bit annoying. During the summer season, we do see a higher influx of parking spots being utilized. I am glad you were finally able to find a spot near the entrance!
Thank you again for your review! Your comments are extremely valuable to the growth of our team!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Overall, the hotel was OK, Rooms were clean and breakfast was OK. My only complaint was that the hotel address could bot be found on my GPS (built in Tom-Tom). A hint is to use the address of the Fairfield which is adjacent. We were lost in some suburban neighborhood for 15 minutes. Thankfully, the Residence Inn people were able to provide directions.

Room Tip: Watch the GPS address
1 Thank Barangabill
I am certainly Glad you found us! I am not sure as to why the GPS was unable to locate us, I will have to do some research on the issue. By the looks of it, once you were able to find us, everything else went smoothly! Thank you for choosing to stay with the Independence Residence Inn! Looking forward to seeing you in the future, should you return to the area!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Recently stayed at this property for a couple of days for our girls trip. We had travelers from Nebraska and Texas. We wanted a place where we could all be in the same area and have access to a full kitchen. We opted for the 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. There is eating utensils for 4 and most common cooking utensils needed. The room was clean with the exception of the oven, which looked like it had not been cleaned in quite some time. The pool was small yet clean. The workout out facility is small. Parking wasn’t really an issue. I did not have breakfast so I cannot comment on that. I would caution guests to really be careful when getting into the showers as they are very slippery. Myself along with my sister-in-law had incidents. It was nice that each bedroom had a separate bathroom as we had 5 ladies and getting ready can be a challenge. I do think that this property could use some updates as the décor is a bit outdated.

Overall, it’s nice and I would stay there again.

1 Thank Avalonchocl8
Thank you for your recent review! We are glad you and the other ladies in your party were able to spend time together in one of our spacious Two Bedroom Suites! I have noted your comments regarding the bathtub area and will work with our maintenance team to solve this issue. Guest safety is a top priority and your comments are certainly very helpful. We look forward to seeing you again in Independence! Have a Great Day!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 days on the advice of family members. We were traveling with seniors, so I called ahead to ensure we could have 2 rooms together and close to the elevator. I was assured this would happen and that rooms were saved for us. When we arrived I was again assured that the rooms would be close to the elevators. They ended up being around 125 feet from the elevator and they could not give us another room. Our room smelled like it had been smoked in and the carpet was torn. We had to ask for towels each day as the rooms were only made up once during our stay. When I asked about it, they told me that housekeeping had not been notified that one of our rooms was even occupied due to a front desk error. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean and quiet. We paid a premium price for the rooms and I felt they were a poor value considering the condition of the room and the poor service. The folks on the front desk were friendly but ineffective.

I do give them high marks for the breakfast- lots of variety and everything was fresh. They had tasty Eggs Florentine one morning...

1 Thank Road_Bear57
Thank you for your recent review! I wanted to apologize on bahalf of our staff for the trouble you experienced during your stay. We certainly do try to accommodate all our guests and their special requests. We dropped the ball with your requests, especially if we verified that they had been met prior to your arrival.
You are correct, our Breakfast does deserve high marks! With numerous options and many fresh items, our guests love their mornings at the Residence Inn!
We hope that you are able to give us a second chance to make your next stay perfect, should you return to the area. Feel free to reach out to me should you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you again for your comments and Enjoy the rest of the week!
Marco Island, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Our car along with four other cars were broken into. Items were stolen from my car and I spent several hours filing a police report. My car was parked directly in front of the lobby and under a bright light.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wilmington_NCTonyR
Good Afternoon & "Thank You" for your recent review! It is extremely important to us that we make sure your stay is as Enjoyable as possible. The hassle that the car break-ins caused you truly isn't something that we ever want to see. After speaking with the local authorities, the break-ins were part of a string of vandalism that spanned the entire Kansas CIty metro area. Since your last stay, I am happy to say that we have not had any other reports of vandalism as the Independence police department is keeping a close eye on all the area hotels! Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced but we do appreciate you taking the time to fill out a report so that the authorities are able to get a good handle on this issue. Have a Great Day!
Omaha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament. I was a little surprised at the size of the room as it was a lot smaller than what we imagined. The rooms were clean, but were a little outdated and there were not enough towels for us all. Breakfast is VERY good at this hotel. We all got our fill in the mornings. Location was great as it was near the highway, shopping and restaurants. The staff was helpful as they filled our coolers with ice in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We hope you are Enjoying your summer! Thank you for your recent review! We are glad that the staff "Met your Needs" while you were visiting Independence. Our staff takes pride in the fact that their customer service skills exceed others. I will be sure to share your comments with them as their faces light up when they hear about satisfied guests! Thank you again and Enjoy the rest of your summer!