“A great place for a long term stays”

Hilton Garden Inn Independence
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Independence has been my home away from home over the years. The place has been well maintained and some of the staff have been there for many years. My employee has negotiated a sweet rate, but I just love all the places to eat. It's safe to say that within a 3 miles radius, there must be 50 different places to eat, which comes in handy on long term assignments.

Room Tip: If you don't like highway noise, get a high room number. Hereford House can be hit or miss and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

We value you as a long term guest and appreciate you choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I cannot express our gratitude enough to the staff of this hotel! Not only were they just plain great at check in and normal hotel experiences, but when they found out I was recovering from knee surgery, they went over and above to help us out. They helped my husband find ice to fill my ice machine, brought extra pillows, and then sent a very nice gift bag of refreshments to me! They also accommodated my husband a great late check out while I was lecturing the next day. They are top notch and we would recommend this hotel for anyone! What a relief to know that we had such inspiring employees on our side! We appreciated their attention to our needs and to the compassion they showed to us during a difficult time.

Room Tip: no tips needed - all was spectacular - let the staff take care of you!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Your review brought tears to my eyes. Thank you with sincere appreciation for your wonderful comments. I will make sure to share your story with the staff. We hope your knee is recovering from surgery We wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was in town for three nights. The room and staff were first rate. I didn't use the dining facilities, but they appeared to be excellent. The Business Center had everything I needed to access and print out my boarding passes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We appreciate the positive comments and will share with the staff. Thank you again and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy check in/out. Good breakfast at a decent price with cooked to order eggs, etc. Only issue was constant road noise. MAybe a different room further away would have helped.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We are glad you had a good check in experience along with cooked to rder eggs in the morning. We will share your comments with the staff. Next time you are in the hotel, request a room opposite the highway. Thanks again for sharing and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

As I return to Independance MO for business. The Hilton Garden Inn is my choice to stay. Staff is always friendly and go the extra mile to ensure I have all the comforts I need. The rooms are always ready during check-in. Fresh and clean! Great running path next to the hotel for an early morning run. Coffee is ready when I return from my run!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We truly aim to treat our guests like family! See you next time!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

You like rock hard beds. Overall, the stay was nice. It was quiet, easy to find and great breakfast. But that bed really turned me off from this hotel. They missed my note about needing non-feather pillows in the room but called housekeeping while I was checking in and those pillows were in our room before we even got up there, plus a note from housekeeping apologizing. That's great service! But those beds...!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I’m so sorry you experienced discomfort with the Garden Sleep beds in our hotel during your stay. Our housekeeping staff works diligently to set the control knobs to reset all guest preferences between stays and I regret to hear you didn’t experience that. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding this discomfort. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in Independence. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience ever.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel is very well maintained, the staff is unbelievably nice and helpful. The location is excellent (close to several restaurants and the mall) and it is very contemporary. The gym is a little small, but well maintained. I would definitely recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We truly appreciate you selecting our hotel for your travel needs. We hope to see you next time!