“Poor location-felt unsafe tucked away in a corner”

Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Sedalia, Missouri
“Poor location-felt unsafe tucked away in a corner”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Dirty shower curtain, no tissues in room, breakfast empty and dirty- looking-area,hard beds, small towels, toilet slow-flushing, extremely small bthrm, cheap price gets you cheap hotel, your choice.....check-in service was friendly though..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie B
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for your stay. We strive for the best service and rooms. We are glad our staff took care of you but we are updating our rooms and will only provide the best. Once again, we apologize but we hope you will chose us again after our updates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I had many other hotels to choose from but I chose to stay here after reading the reviews. Motel looked as if it has recently been remodeled. Room was just what I needed. Beds were very comfy and the microwave and fridge were a big plus. Will return next time I am in town.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenneth Y
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to hear not only you enjoyed your stay, but your rest in our beds as well. Very happy to see that our reviews led you to your decision to choose us. We hope you stay with us again on your next visit to the Kansas City area.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

let me start off by saying that i had lost my only credit card. i called in advance to make sure i could still use the card even thugh i didnt have it i just needed to verify wih an id. i get there and they tell me they cant accept that payment so im angry at this point but get my moms card that she was able to call over the phone to give them. i get there and go pee and the toilet is broke. i sit on the bed and therr is blood on the sheets and burn holes in the comforter. the guy at the desk just acted stupid Nd when we were clearly tellimg him the toilet was broke and the sheets had blood on them he asked what we wanted done about that... i will never stay here for 80 dollars this is a 50 dollar a night hotel. will never stay at any americas best inn again

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank alu1
Kina G, Marketing Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We just want to apologize for your unpleasant stay. We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable rooms and exceptional customer service and we are truly sorry that you did not receive that. We have made several changes since your stay with us and we hope you are willing to give us another chance.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed here for one night passing through the Midwest on a cross country trip. The location is great; right off the highway and close to shops and restaurants. I paid in advance but they lost my reservation. Then their computer encountered issues, causing the check in process to be around 25 minutes.. Not awful, but still kind of a pain.
The rooms were nice; the beds comfortable and clean. Some of the outlets didnt work but it wasn't a big deal. I skipped the continental breakfast because they was only cereal and waffles when I went to check it out.
For around only $50, this place was a pretty good value. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Lrd5007
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us and would stay again. We have made some changes to our breakfast that you may not want to skip next time! Thank you for your kind words and we at America's Best Value Inn hope to see you again one your next trip through the Midwest.
Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I spend more than 50 nights per year in hotels/motels, almost all of them chosen with Tripadvisor guidance, so the only time I write a review nowadays is if I feel I have something significant to add, or if my opinion varies significantly from the norm. That's the situation here. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable. Nothing else good to say. The man who checked us in couldn't find my reservation and wasn't interested in hearing the confirmation number or seeing the print-out. He needed to find it on his own computer, and eventually he did. The room was dark and small, with a large bathroom area. The sink and tiny vanity could easily have fit inside, but was instead crowded into the main area. Black mildew in the corners of the tub made for an unpleasant shower experience. Running water throughout the night from somewhere within the walls was a constant annoyance. The internet connection was all but nonexistent, and when I politely questioned the desk clerk at "breakfast," she was unable to help, offering nothing more than a repeat of the written instructions and a puzzled disclaimer that nobody had ever had that problem before. (I asked a fellow guest and received affirmation of the problem.) He and I also joked, as we tried to put milk on our cereal from a dispenser that dispensed in droplets, that they appeared to be milking from a dry cow. In summary, if all you need is a room with a bed, go for it, but if you're looking to rest and relax, I can't imagine that there aren't better budget options in the area. Next time through, I'll surely look for one.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RickNP
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very disappointed to hear about your stay. We at America's Best Value Inn, pride ourselves on great rooms and amazing customer service. Our staff should have serviced you correctly and got you taken care of right away. A lot has changed at America's Best since your last visit and we do hope you give us another chance to wow you!
Fairbanks, AK
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was basically looking for a good price on a hotel that would give me a smoke-free experience. I was so happy to walk in a see signs all over about the fines if you smoke in the room; those signs are always a good indication that my room will not smell like smoke. I got the idea, from other reviews, that all the other value hotels in town are likely to smell like smoke, even a non-smoking room.

My room did smell a little funny but it wasn't smoke or smoke cover-up spray. I got used to the smell after a few minutes.

The beds were fine, customer service was sufficient, room was clean and fairly nice looking. We couldn't get any bandwidth from the wifi. Breakfast was all starches, juice and coffee. My kids really like the waffle maker setup.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kina G, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at America's Best Value. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and clean, comfortable rooms. We have been working on our wifi issue and it is now fixed! We hope you stop in to stay with us again soon!
Nevada, Iowa
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I highly recommend everyone to stay at this motel. I read some reviews on here before i stopped by at this property and i believe this hotel was very nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms looked newly remodeled and the staff was very friendly. We had no problems while we stayed there. We had all what we needed for the one night we stayed in Independence,MO. The breakfast was nice and beds were very comfortable. What else can we ask for??

WiFi and cable t.v is always +++.

We will def be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike615
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear about your great stay with us. We at America's Best Value, pride ourselves on great customer service and clean, comfortable rooms with affordable rates. We hope you choose us again when you visit the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City? Share your experiences!