“If I could go lower I would”

Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“If I could go lower I would”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room smelled musty and like it had been a smoking room. Carpet dirty with cigarette burns in them. Bathroom door stop was used as an ashtray. There was towel hanging behind bathroom curtain, who knows how long. It was discolored. The smoke detector was malfunctioning and personnel took it, but didn't have a replacement. So we were in a room that had no smoke detector. It also had a hole in the wall by the bed. I would love to continue, but I would say something that I regret. By the way the management offer no refund.

After reading the reviews I bet Carolyn L and I have had the same room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Neil D
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for your stay. Your room should have not been given to you in that state and we will be talking to our staff. We are also working on upgrading our rooms so we won't have issues like this again. We are truly sorry.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasent stay. I read mixed reviews about this hotel but we decided to go ahead and stay. As soon as we walked in the lobby we knew we chose the right place. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We walked into the room and it smelled nice and clean. Beds were nice and comfy, good water pressure in the shower, flat screen t.v and more. We had a best stay at Americas Best Value Inn, Independence, Mo. We will defintely reccomend this hotel to our friends and family. Thank you for the awesome service you all gave us.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Steve F
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed every part of your stay. We can't wait to see you again at America's Best Value Inn in Independence!
Moberly, Missouri
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room we received was on the upper level and had been recently remodeled. The room had no odd smell and was very clean. The A/C was nice and cold and there was a fridge and microwave in the room. Beds were pretty comfortable, too. Breakfast was small, but no more than what you would expect for a hotel like this. Waffles, cereal, toast, juice, and coffee. The 'hallway' where the outdoor stairs are could do with some decluttering, but otherwise we were pleased with the hotel. No, it's not five-star, but for the type of hotel this is, it's definitely one of the better ones!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bookitybee
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed it. We are working on some cosmetic changes and happy to see that you noticed a couple of them. We hope you choose us on your next visit to Kansas City!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel should have no stars. The room that I was given smelled like smoke so bad that I wouldn't even take my clothes into it. Also the sheets and comforter had burn marks in them. There was a party being thrown above our room with a bunch of shirtless guys whistling at my girl friend and yelled things at her. She was scared to stay in the room!!!! And you won't refund my money!!!! I spend a total of 5 min at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel book a room somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Scott S
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for your stay. We are speaking with staff about the odors and other guests asap! We want to get this fixed so we never have these issues again. Once again, we apologize.
Sedalia, Missouri
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Dirty shower curtain, no tissues in room, breakfast empty and dirty- looking-area,hard beds, small towels, toilet slow-flushing, extremely small bthrm, cheap price gets you cheap hotel, your choice.....check-in service was friendly though..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie B
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for your stay. We strive for the best service and rooms. We are glad our staff took care of you but we are updating our rooms and will only provide the best. Once again, we apologize but we hope you will chose us again after our updates.
Columbia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I had many other hotels to choose from but I chose to stay here after reading the reviews. Motel looked as if it has recently been remodeled. Room was just what I needed. Beds were very comfy and the microwave and fridge were a big plus. Will return next time I am in town.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenneth Y
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to hear not only you enjoyed your stay, but your rest in our beds as well. Very happy to see that our reviews led you to your decision to choose us. We hope you stay with us again on your next visit to the Kansas City area.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

let me start off by saying that i had lost my only credit card. i called in advance to make sure i could still use the card even thugh i didnt have it i just needed to verify wih an id. i get there and they tell me they cant accept that payment so im angry at this point but get my moms card that she was able to call over the phone to give them. i get there and go pee and the toilet is broke. i sit on the bed and therr is blood on the sheets and burn holes in the comforter. the guy at the desk just acted stupid Nd when we were clearly tellimg him the toilet was broke and the sheets had blood on them he asked what we wanted done about that... i will never stay here for 80 dollars this is a 50 dollar a night hotel. will never stay at any americas best inn again

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank alu1
Kina G, Marketing Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We just want to apologize for your unpleasant stay. We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable rooms and exceptional customer service and we are truly sorry that you did not receive that. We have made several changes since your stay with us and we hope you are willing to give us another chance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
#15 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City? Share your experiences!