“I don't get the hype”

Cheddar's
Ranked #9 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“I don't get the hype”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I've been to this place twice now. I thought I just had a bad experience the first time, so I tried it again. Members of my family LOVE this place, but I just don't get it. Yes the menu is vast, the portions are decent, and the prices are fair, but to me the food is just average, and the lines are always long, so get here early.

• Visited December 2013

Plymouth, Minnesota
“Wow - didn't know this place exsisted”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

In town for a business trip and associate shared that we need to go there one evening & glad we did! The menu is all very reasonable and provide great value as well. I had the country fried chicken which contained two huge chicken breast (cooked to perfection), canned green beans & a pile of mashed potatoes for $9.99. Fresh green beans would have made it a grand slam from me. The one down fall was our waitress who, while very friendly, but really not on top of things. Asked for some additional gravy (never brought it) and served my glass of milk in a milk shake glass. Facility was warm and inviting with a large tank of tropical fish taking up one wall of the room. Will return the next time I'm in Kansas City!

• Visited November 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Really good really cheap”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Nothing but goodness for lunch

The service was very attentive and top notch.

The food was over proportioned and there was plenty to eat.

The price was amazing. Two of had way too much to eat and spent less than 25 dollars

Kansas City, Missouri
“Wonderful place to eat!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Cheddar's is a great place to eat. The food is wonderful and the service is very good. Portions are very generous, and the price is extremely reasonable. Very pleasant casual atmosphere. Chicken pot pie is a great lunch with it is cool. the Citrus Mao Glazed Salmon with rice and broccoli is a great light menu item. I love everything I have eaten at Cheddar's. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
Mossel Bay, South Africa
“We were amazed”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Tired of the Applebee's and TGIFridays down the road? Want to experience excellent food, great atmosphere, suberb service and reasonable if not exceptional pricing? This is the place. I can not say enough about my great experiences with this restaurant. The Chicken Dijon and Blackened Catfish are our favorites.

• Visited September 2013